Noscar for Speaker! Your voice; Our future!

Noscar

Deputy Speaker
Deputy Speaker
-
-
Pronouns
He/Him
TNP Nation
Terre_des_Riches
Discord
noscar_atul
Campaign Poster
Hi North Pacific! I am Noscar and I am running for Speaker this election!

Why Cast Your Vote for Noscar?

• Despite my inexperience, I am ready to learn from the experienced. I believe with their help I can be the best speaker ever!

• I am ready to gather new skills and expand my knowledge at every available opportunity.
Together, we will make our own future in The North Pacific our way, a region where democracy is at its finest.

• But, for this to be possible, I need your priceless vote.

Campaign Poster Check out my Campaign Poster!

Make The North Pacific awesome by electing Noscar as Speaker!

Last edited:
Whilst a rather basic platform, I'm glad to see a newer face running. In the event you don't win, I hope you approach the winning candidate and are able to join the Speaker's office in order to help out as a deputy and learn how to do the role.

Nice to see you are taking this very seriously despite having opponents who have far more experience in the Speaker job. My question is: how do you think having less experience can benefit the Speaker’s office?
Good luck with the election!

Nice to see you are taking this very seriously despite having opponents who have far more experience in the Speaker job. My question is: how do you think having less experience can benefit the Speaker’s office?
Good luck with the election!
I don't have much experience as of now, but I want to get experienced by learning from previous speakers and deputies. I want to grow my knowledge, grow my capabilities and such. In short, I wanna improve myself.

It’s great to see you run for Speaker. I do have a couple of questions, though.

What are your thoughts on the RA Digests?
What are you going to do in terms of deputies?
How would you answer complicated legal questions if you don’t have the experience to do so?
Do you have any new plans you’d like to introduce to the Speaker’s Office?

It’s great to see you run for Speaker. I do have a couple of questions, though.

What are your thoughts on the RA Digests?
What are you going to do in terms of deputies?
How would you answer complicated legal questions if you don’t have the experience to do so?
Do you have any new plans you’d like to introduce to the Speaker’s Office?
I support RA digests because it resembles a gazette in the real world. I will continue with the digests.
Deputies, I will hire a few because I will need someone to advise me on my decisions and explain the pros and cons of said decision in their own views. They will be like the speakers organs, each having their own respective duty. More on that when I get elected.
I would consult previous speakers/deputies and my deputies for advice on how to answer them. I would also consult the law tab if I need to
As of now I don't have any new plans, but when I come into office, I may introduce a plan or 2. It will be after I have familiarised myself with the role of speaker.

I hope I have clearly answered all of your questions. If you have more, feel free to DM me.

Some basic legal hypotheticals to test your knowledge as Speaker, answer them with the relevant sections of the Legal Code/Constitution/RA Rules/Standing Procedures or Court Rulings as well if you can. These are all real problems that the Speaker's Office has encountered in the past term:

1) What happens if a citizenship application has sat for 7 days without an Admin check?
2) Which citizenship application is required to be rejected by the Speaker's Office?
3) If a new citizen votes in an ongoing RA vote, will their vote be counted?
4) Can the Speaker schedule a vote on a legislative bill immediately without any delay following a motion by the proposing citizen?
5) Can the Speaker discount any vote that does not conform with the typical "Aye", "Nay", or "Abstain" format?

Last edited:
Why should I choose you over guys like Cloud and Ara?
Good luck with the run!
I think you should choose me because I want to build up experience in TNP and become a respected person. I want to become Delegate someday, so this is a stepping stone for my venture.

I think you should choose me because I want to build up experience in TNP and become a respected person. I want to become Delegate someday, so this is a stepping stone for my venture.
It's interesting that you see being the head of the legislative branch as a stepping stone to being the head of the executive branch. To me, the optimal path is to stay in the same branch, like working as a staffer, then up to Minister, and then (with an understanding of all the ministries) up to Delegate.

Most, including myself, see Deputy Speaker as the path to Speaker. I saw being a Security Councilor as a path to Vice Delegate (security branch), though I'm unique in that thinking because of the unofficial requirements to get on the SC, and most reverse the path's direction.

There are other ways to build experience. Be a staffer. Be a deputy speaker. Make a name for yourself. That'll come with some hard work.

"You want to know how to stay alive win an election? You get people to like you."

My question to you: "Why am I wrong?"

Could you explain what you understand to be the Speaker’s powers and role in scheduling the business of the Regional Assembly?

Particularly, in relation to a Bill that a member has introduced and asked to be voted on? Do you think complexity or controversy relating to a Bill should make a difference? What if a Bill contained a proposal that appeared to be unconstitutional?

Some basic legal hypotheticals to test your knowledge as Speaker, answer them with the relevant sections of the Legal Code/Constitution/RA Rules/Standing Procedures or Court Rulings as well if you can. These are all real problems that the Speaker's Office has encountered in the past term:

1) What happens if a citizenship application has sat for 7 days without an Admin check?
2) Which citizenship application is required to be rejected by the Speaker's Office?
3) If a new citizen votes in an ongoing RA vote, will their vote be counted?
4) Can the Speaker schedule a vote on a legislative bill immediately without any delay following a motion by the proposing citizen?
5) Can the Speaker discount any vote that does not conform with the typical "Aye", "Nay", or "Abstain" format?
I have answered the questions the best I could. If I have got anything wrong, please point it out.
Answers

1) Constitution Section 6.1: 13
They will automatically be granted citizenship.

2) Constitution Section 6.2 : 15 to 19 and 21 to 22
15. The Speaker will promptly remove any citizens whose removal is ordered by the Court, whose registered nations in The North Pacific or one of its territories leave or cease to exist, or whose citizenship is voluntarily renounced by notifying the Speaker, any citizens who, for over 30 consecutive days, neither post on the regional forum, nor post on the regional message board of The North Pacific or one of its territories with their registered nations, any citizens whose registered nations in The North Pacific or one of its territories are not in the World Assembly, except as part of an operation with the North Pacific Army, if their citizenship was granted after failing an evaluation by forum administration. This requirement will not apply if the citizens request and then pass another evaluation by forum administration, any citizens to whom they granted citizenship in error, if the error is discovered within 7 days of granting their citizenship, any citizens who are banned for maintaining a nation in a region or organization at war with The North Pacific, any citizens who are confirmed to be using a second forum account or evading a judicially-imposed penalty, any citizens who are banned by forum administration. (I am sure I got all the requirements that is needed for rejecting a citizenship application. If I haven't, please tell me)

3)Yes

4) Region Assembly rules Section 1, 2. The Speaker may schedule a vote on any proposal being discussed by the Regional Assembly as permitted by law. If the vote is based on rejection of citizenship, then the vote must immediately be held.

5) Court rulings, 6 . No, the speaker must count all votes regardless of format. But, if the Speaker has established rules regarding the format of votes (such as only accepting "Aye", "Nay", or "Abstain"), they can discount any vote that does not conform to those rules.

Could you explain what you understand to be the Speaker’s powers and role in scheduling the business of the Regional Assembly?

Particularly, in relation to a Bill that a member has introduced and asked to be voted on? Do you think complexity or controversy relating to a Bill should make a difference? What if a Bill contained a proposal that appeared to be unconstitutional?
The speaker holds the power to schedule a vote at his discretion. However, if 3 Citizens object to the scheduled vote, the vote should be cancelled.

The Speaker may need to consider the complexity and controversy of a Bill, as well as its constitutionality, when scheduling a vote. While the Speaker has discretion in scheduling votes, controversial or complex Bills may require more time for discussion and consideration. If a Bill contains a proposal that seems unconstitutional, the Speaker may need to take extra care and possibly seek legal advice before scheduling a vote.

I hope I have fulfilled your expectations regarding the answers. If I have made any mistakes, please point it out as you have prior experience.

It's interesting that you see being the head of the legislative branch as a stepping stone to being the head of the executive branch. To me, the optimal path is to stay in the same branch, like working as a staffer, then up to Minister, and then (with an understanding of all the ministries) up to Delegate.

Most, including myself, see Deputy Speaker as the path to Speaker. I saw being a Security Councilor as a path to Vice Delegate (security branch), though I'm unique in that thinking because of the unofficial requirements to get on the SC, and most reverse the path's direction.

There are other ways to build experience. Be a staffer. Be a deputy speaker. Make a name for yourself. That'll come with some hard work.

"You want to know how to stay alive win an election? You get people to like you."

My question to you: "Why am I wrong?"
Well, all the things you have pointed out is right in all sense.
But, I chose being a candidate for being a speaker for specific reasons.
1) I want to participate in a election! I want to know how it feels to be a candidate in an election. Also, I want to build up experience regarding participating in elections. So, in the future, when I run for some other office, this experience will help me in (possibly) winning.

2) Even if I win or lose, I have no problem. Because, failures are just stepping stones for success. These stepping stones will help me gather experience and build up a name for myself. For example, Would you have ever known me if I hadn't been a candidate? (Maybe, maybe not) But thats the point! Its not about the destination, but the journey!

Last edited:
I have answered the questions the best I could. If I have got anything wrong, please point it out.
Answers

1) Constitution Section 6.1: 13
They will automatically be granted citizenship.

2) Constitution Section 6.2 : 15 to 19 and 21 to 22
15. The Speaker will promptly remove any citizens whose removal is ordered by the Court, whose registered nations in The North Pacific or one of its territories leave or cease to exist, or whose citizenship is voluntarily renounced by notifying the Speaker, any citizens who, for over 30 consecutive days, neither post on the regional forum, nor post on the regional message board of The North Pacific or one of its territories with their registered nations, any citizens whose registered nations in The North Pacific or one of its territories are not in the World Assembly, except as part of an operation with the North Pacific Army, if their citizenship was granted after failing an evaluation by forum administration. This requirement will not apply if the citizens request and then pass another evaluation by forum administration, any citizens to whom they granted citizenship in error, if the error is discovered within 7 days of granting their citizenship, any citizens who are banned for maintaining a nation in a region or organization at war with The North Pacific, any citizens who are confirmed to be using a second forum account or evading a judicially-imposed penalty, any citizens who are banned by forum administration. (I am sure I got all the requirements that is needed for rejecting a citizenship application. If I haven't, please tell me)

3)Yes

4) Region Assembly rules Section 1, 2. The Speaker may schedule a vote on any proposal being discussed by the Regional Assembly as permitted by law. If the vote is based on rejection of citizenship, then the vote must immediately be held.

5) Court rulings, 6 . No, the speaker must count all votes regardless of format. But, if the Speaker has established rules regarding the format of votes (such as only accepting "Aye", "Nay", or "Abstain"), they can discount any vote that does not conform to those rules.
1) Correct, but it's actually Section 6.1.13 of the Legal Code, not the Constitution. Section 6.1.5 also says Forum Admins will have 7 days to process an application.

2) Correct, but again, those sections belong to the Legal Code.

3) Incorrect. Section 6.3.23 of the Legal Code states:
23. A citizen's vote will not be valid unless they maintain citizenship for the entire duration of the vote.

4) Incorrect. You are talking about the Vice Delegate's rejection of citizenship applications, which the Legal Code mandates that the RA must debate the rejection immediately and hold a vote two days after the rejection was made (Section 6.1.10).

When the proposing citizen makes a motion to vote on their legislative bill, the Speaker must allow 5 days for the citizen to continue amending the bill if necessary, and the period can be shortened at the request of said citizen. This is referred to as Formal Debate. Once the Formal Debate period has ended, no more amendments will be allowed and a vote will be scheduled by the Speaker (Section 3 and 4 of the Legislative Proposal Procedure, as part of Standing Procedures).

5) "No, the speaker must count all votes regardless of format" is incorrect, but you are correct in the second sentence. The 6th court ruling which you referred to in the Court Rulings Index is "On the Speaker's Powers to Restrict the Format of Votes", which established that the Speaker may use their discretion to adopt and enforce rules and policies where none exists, in accordance with Article 2, Section 6 of the Constitution. Accordingly, the Speaker has the authority to discount any votes that does not conform to the typical format at their discretion.

How many Deputy Speakers would you appoint if elected? What roles would you see them as having, would they all have the same role or would you give some different responsibilities to others? If you would give them different responsibilities, how would you choose which responsibilities to give to which Deputies?

Back