-
Pronouns
He/Him
TNP Nation
Marlducro
Discord
cloudyiskies
naYhigx.png

Credits to @Jenha for this wonderful poster!

Hello everyone!

I’m Cloud, and I am once again running for Speaker. I have been a Deputy Speaker three times, and I’ve also been the Speaker! I currently serve as a Deputy Minister for Home Affairs and Gameside Advocate. I believe I do have a bit of experience, hence why I am running again.

For starters, much of what AraFuttio has been doing will continue. Weekly publications of the Regional Assembly digest will remain, but I will discontinue the monthly detailed RA stats. The guides also need to be completed. One so far is nearly completed, and it will be published soon after everything is verified.

As for deputies, I will be taking a stricter approach at appointments. I had made the mistake of appointing too many. While I believe there is nothing wrong with doing so, it can run the risk of inactivity within the office, which unfortunately happened. Anyone wishing to join the office may ask via NS, forum, or Discord DM.

Any questions? Ask away! I will answer them to the best of my ability.

Thank you!
~Cloud

Nice to see you making a return to the Speakership, Cloud!

1) Are you going to explore adding annotations to the Legal Code?
2) Do you plan for the Speaker's Office to write a bill clarifying some of the language in the RA Rules?

Nice to see you making a return to the Speakership, Cloud!

1) Are you going to explore adding annotations to the Legal Code?
2) Do you plan for the Speaker's Office to write a bill clarifying some of the language in the RA Rules?
1.) Annotations sound like a good idea and can definitely help out anyone unfamiliar with how legal language works. I'll be employing the help of senior Deputy Speakers as well as those knowledgeable about TNP law to make this a reality.

2.) I don't think a bill is necessary; maybe a guidelines thread explaining how the rules work. This will be discussed in the Speaker's office.

Which parts of the Rules do you think need clarifying? Could you give an example of what explanation you might give of a particular rule, which could be incorporated into a guide or given to a member who had a query during proceedings on a Bill?

Which parts of the Rules do you think need clarifying? Could you give an example of what explanation you might give of a particular rule, which could be incorporated into a guide or given to a member who had a query during proceedings on a Bill?
In particular section 1.4 of the RA Rules as outlined here:

4. If a number of citizens equal to or exceeding one third of the number of votes required to achieve quorum for any legislative vote, including the citizen that introduced the proposal to the Regional Assembly, motion that a vote should be held on a proposal before the Regional Assembly, then the Speaker must schedule a vote on that proposal to begin as soon as permitted by law.

A bit of confusion and mistakes have been caused due to this, and clarifying what this means is what I believe to be the solution to finally putting a stop to the confusion. The way I'd explain it is "an immediate vote may begin after one-third of the required citizens for quorum, including the citizen who introduced the proposal, motions for an immediate vote." This is of course subject to change and still needs a lot of feedback from more senior members.

Last edited:
How many Deputy Speakers would you appoint if elected? What roles would you see them as having, would they all have the same role or would you give some different responsibilities to others? If you would give them different responsibilities, how would you choose which responsibilities to give to which Deputies?

How many Deputy Speakers would you appoint if elected? What roles would you see them as having, would they all have the same role or would you give some different responsibilities to others? If you would give them different responsibilities, how would you choose which responsibilities to give to which Deputies?
Right now I have secured four appointees, but I'm open to more people. Similar to my previous term, a lot of if not all my powers will be delegated to them, as I see no reason to restrict deputy speakers from doing their job. It can be a good learning opportunity for them, as it was for me. If I would give them different responsibilities, I'd let the more experienced deputies handle the complicated aspects of the office, such as votes or any legal technicalities, and let the newer deputies take care of citizenship applications.

Back