-
Pronouns
She/Her They/Them
TNP Nation
vivanco
Discord
ra#9794
Greetings. It's been a while.

Allow me to introduce me again. My name is Vivanco, and I'm what one could call a Law Enthusiast. Not only on TNP, but on real life as well. It's been one of the most impotant things in my life over the past six years and counting, having worked in a Town Hall for Administrative Law, in the local Bar Association for a full year and having finished, of course, Law School.

But of course, I do also have some experience in TNP law, having been a legislator in the past for several modifications of the Legal Code, and I'm currently working in another one regarding the Penal Code, it's nature and how it can be improved to avoid having a full front confrontational court, as some have complained in the past. But of course, one can't deny the nature of law and justice on itself, needing some leeway of actuation without forgetting the importance of the procedure. I have also served as both Court Examiner and one of the first Bar Commissioners of the region.

Why am I running, after all this time, again to Justice? It's simple. Because I like having my knowledge put to better use. I have proved in the past my thoughts and resolutive behaviour, and law knowledge in several r4r briefs, and I believe everyone has it clear that nothing for me is more important than a strong, independent, justice system.

I will be open to any questions. Thank you, everyone.

Last edited:
Do you believe that the legal jargon is necessary in court cases to satisfy those who enjoy cosplaying as lawyers and judges? Are there alternatives in court procedures you'd support (e.g. the Fiqh aka justice based on common sense)?

Do you believe that the legal jargon is necessary in court cases to satisfy those who enjoy cosplaying as lawyers and judges? Are there alternatives in court procedures you'd support (e.g. the Fiqh aka justice based on common sense)?
Funny you mention the Fiqh, as the current reform I'm working on takes reference on it. I have in the past for the RA brought up the question if a "Dual House" system could be put forth, and I was asked to provide a better example rather than just throwing the idea out there. What I'm working on is to create a system of arbitration that could work like the Fiqh would have worked in the past by a split between minor offenses and major offenses, having an arbitration system for the minor offenses that don't need an over-complex system much like the court, but ensuring a proper system for the cases that would deserve it.

The legal jargon isn't necessary to win a court case, and in real life that's the same. However, such "legalese" exists in order to convey concrete ideas with an exact meaning, a meaning that has evolved throughout the times, and its use is of help to convey an exact, yet complex idea. It's not necessary, but helpful.

Funny you mention the Fiqh, as the current reform I'm working on takes reference on it. I have in the past for the RA brought up the question if a "Dual House" system could be put forth, and I was asked to provide a better example rather than just throwing the idea out there. What I'm working on is to create a system of arbitration that could work like the Fiqh would have worked in the past by a split between minor offenses and major offenses, having an arbitration system for the minor offenses that don't need an over-complex system much like the court, but ensuring a proper system for the cases that would deserve it.

The legal jargon isn't necessary to win a court case, and in real life that's the same. However, such "legalese" exists in order to convey concrete ideas with an exact meaning, a meaning that has evolved throughout the times, and its use is of help to convey an exact, yet complex idea. It's not necessary, but helpful.
Your idea is interesting, I may consider voting for you.

"legalese"
Ghost's campaign talks about legal education. Would you support this (still pretty vague) idea? To add to this, legalese makes laws, legislative- and court procedures pretty inaccessible for people who aren't very well versed in legalese or aren't native English speakers (such as myself), do you think there's something that can be done to remedy this?

Ghost's campaign talks about legal education. Would you support this (still pretty vague) idea? To add to this, legalese makes laws, legislative- and court procedures pretty inaccessible for people who aren't very well versed in legalese or aren't native English speakers (such as myself), do you think there's something that can be done to remedy this?
I would support the idea. In fact, I have in the past attempted to make a sort-of guide about TNP Law in what once was TNPU, now the Community Center.
Legalese is, indeed, a barrier for most people (Not being a native english speaker either myself), and to remedy this there could be two variants, providing education and understanding to the people or reducing the level needed in the laws.

However, I will say, for the role I'm running for, that would not be the responsability. Such responsability, to make laws, and how they're written, that's the responsability of the legislative, this being the RA. The Court's role is to take what was written and give it an interpretation to apply such normative.

This is going to be really tough. At least five qualified candidates for three posts, plus one citizen that I am not familiar with. We are spoilt for choice on this.

Your idea is interesting, I may consider voting for you.
Thank you for the consideration! Once the idea is fully drafted, I shall present it to the RA where it can be examined in full.

This is going to be really tough. At least five qualified candidates for three posts, plus one citizen that I am not familiar with. We are spoilt for choice on this.
It's better to have a hard choice than to have no choice at all. Such is the nature of democracy.

what is your favorite TNP court case?
Tough question!

The North Pacific v. The Swedish Republic of New Kenya is sure enough one of my favourites, and how it tries to handle missmatching schedules between the parties, but when it comes to content, I'd say TNP v. New Francoise, with the whole not guilty - nolo contendere plea discussion.

After your term, if there's one accomplishment you'd like to be remembered for above all else, what is it and why?

After your term, if there's one accomplishment you'd like to be remembered for above all else, what is it and why?
To do something as Justice to be remembered for is tough. The labour of making laws and grant rights is of the RA, the political power and direction of the region is of the Delegate and its ministers.
What is a Justice's best accomplish to aim for? I'd say... Independence. That's what I would like to be remembered for above all else. That I remained just and independent.

To do something as Justice to be remembered for is tough. The labour of making laws and grant rights is of the RA, the political power and direction of the region is of the Delegate and its ministers.
What is a Justice's best accomplish to aim for? I'd say... Independence. That's what I would like to be remembered for above all else. That I remained just and independent.
Thanks for answering :)

Back