Isabella van der Feltz
Discord
isabella_respublica
sc.jpg

Commend Quebecshire
Category: Commendation | Target: Quebecshire
Proposed by: Tim-Opolis, Co-authored by: Westinor, Ikania | Onsite Topic

This Security Council,

Conditioned to describing the legends of actors and leaders, whose careful diligence, prudent foresight, or steadfast integrity define the paths most traveled by,

Overtly inspired by the gall of those who brazenly defy what is given, instead to blazing a path of unmatched temerity and resolve, taking legacies of misfortune and shaping them into legends of triumph,

Presenting the tale of Quebecshire (Quebec), whose superlative role in modern defending has helped define the faction. Across 12,000 operations, Quebec has stood against insurmountable odds and led indomitable coalitions, displaying unrelenting pressure against their enemies, buoying defenderdom through its lowest points and elevating it in its greatest moments,

Exuberant at Quebec’s rise to the highest echelons of defending in 2021, distinguishing themselves ever since in all aspects of military operations including:
  • amplifying a surging defender faction in record-breaking liberations such as China and Trovons.

• notably adding their strategic expertise and vigor to a landscape dominated by resurgent foes in 2022 onwards, leading a force of natives and defenders in 2022’s capstone liberation in New Westphalia, and helping to marshal over a hundred liberators to overcome massive raider forces in the liberations of South Pacific and Far East Oriental Federation in 2023, and

• distinguishing themselves as a force of speed and precision to be reliant upon, as one of the most committed contributors from The League in all-but stamping out tag raiding in 2023,
Saluting Quebec’s commitment to wiping out the forces of evil, going as far as to lead and participate in successful counter-invasion operations including against vulnerable invader holdfast Islamic States, and amassing a record-breaking league of over 200 defenders and independents to raze the raider-aligned frontier of Solidarity.

Emphasizing Quebec’s prowess in cultivating a community, demonstrated by the renaissance of The League and Concord (TL/C), a bi-regional community Quebec helped found. Struggling with a dysfunctional system and a difficult history, Quebec would display their ability to plan and execute often difficult but necessary decisions in tearing down the old dysfunctional government and establishing the Consulate and Council system that governs TL/C today,

Electrified by Quebec’s seamless relocation of TL/C’s community in an astonishingly bold and successful bid to realize a new era, re-establishing recruitment and integration culture to bring the community past its former peak only two months after the move. They would establish the League Defense Forces (LDF), which under Quebec’s leadership has cemented itself as a leading military eventually and refounded Concord, a region occupied by The League’s longtime enemies and fascists that Quebec incorporated into the League and developed into one of the largest Frontiers in the world,

Taking note of TL/C’s rise as a core pillar of modern defenderdom, and its expansive efforts to further the Defenderdom region umbrella. Quebec’s incredible networking ability and diplomatic tact brought TL/C closer to defenders, establishing ties that would propel TL/C’s growth as a defender mainstay. Quebec would then leverage their diplomatic clout in intrepid moves that culminated in treaties like:
  • the Ampez-Weisshaupt Compact with the Order of the Grey Wardens (TGW), signifying the connection of two military giants and codified TGW’s first diplomatic steps,

• the Treaty of Morya with Europeia, which heralded a new era of cooperation between Europeia and defenders resulting in Europeia’s historic transition to defenderdom, and

• the Treaty of Savotta and Ribe with Balder, a watershed agreement that have helped developed both regions and culminated in cooperation through crises like the plot to overthrow Balder’s government known as Operation Ragnarok,
Expressing awe at Quebec’s unmatched utilization of this council, adding their name to a record 21 authored resolutions that have served as incredible odes and safeguards to regional sovereignty, including:
  • major commendations of defender titans like Tim-Opolis and Numero Capitan, whose legacies were undoubtedly earthshaking yet controversial, and guided by Quebec’s excellent composition and political direction,

• apt usage of the newly-created Injunctions to assist in the speedy protection of vulnerable frontiers such as Canada, the first ever Injunction passed, and

• Liberations of regions such as England and Equestria, securing them from unsavory border control measures by their would-be destroyers.
Deeply impressed by Quebec’s fiery aura, their legacy of unwavering vigilance, and persistence in fighting evil; their light an exemplar of the ideals of this council, their story an inspiration to those who fight alongside them and, hopefully, to those who come after,

Hereby Commends Quebecshire.
Note: Only votes from TNP WA nations, NPA personnel, and those on NPA deployments will be counted. If you do not meet these requirements, please add (non-WA) or something of that effect to your vote. If you are on an NPA deployment without being formally registered as an NPA member, name your deployed nation in your vote.
Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.
Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

ForAgainstAbstainPresent

Last edited:
Overview
This resolution at vote seeks to commend one of NationStates' recent most prolific Gameplayers (GPers) for their outstanding military and regional worldbuilding GP achievements. Quebecshire, known for their iconic "headstrong" and unyielding In-Character (IC) defender personality, also has a very strong NationStates Forum roleplaying (RPing) resume - easily the equal to the likes of other notably accomplished dual GPer/RPers such as Ambroscus Koth and Westinor.

Recommendation
We agree that the nominee of this resolution at vote is an extremely accomplished military and regional worldbuilding GPer, who happens to also be a staunch protector of the weak and defenceless - that Quebecshire is also a talented NationStates Forum RPer made them an even more outstanding commendation subject.

For the above reasons, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote For the Security Council Resolution At Vote, "Commend Quebecshire".

Last edited:
A genuinely nice guy Out-of-Character, even to non-defender (independent, ex-raider leaning) newbies (I interacted with him initially using one of my secret GP alts). I also saw his In-Character RP posts - he's a good writer/RPer (probably up there with Koth). For

Last edited:
Quebecshire has proven himself to be one of the most prominent players in the game in the past year or so, and his commitment to defending is very admirable, which has shown as part of the war efforts against TCB and BoM. While I do feel that this proposal could have waited a tad longer when he could’ve had an even larger legacy, it does still have my support.

For.

From what I have seen in my occasional forays into the SC, and from what the draft says, Quebecshire is worthy of a commendation. Therefore, I am for this proposal.

I am a tad surprised they went for this now only in that I knew Q wanted them to edit some things, but if they did (and I presume they did) and he approved of it being submitted (and I presume he does), For.

Even though he was one of the people who extorted Hulldom, you can’t deny that he has done a lot to mend the relationship between our regions. He’s also one of the greatest defenders and a pleasant person to interact with.

For.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back