-
TNP Nation
Castle in Confidence
Discord
.wonderess
Magicality City Artistry Contest

maxresdefault.jpg

sponsored by the Ministry of Culture
Magicality City is that one place where we all meet to discuss the business and future of The North Pacific, that region we all call home! It's about time that we note its importance by commissioning an official cityscape painting / photo of this great city that we all get the privilege to work in! That's why the Ministry of Culture is looking for submissions from resident nations so that it may choose one to hold in esteem as the official portrait of this beloved city.

Rules: Each nation which holds residency status may submit one piece of artwork for the art contest. This can be a painting or photograph, but it must be AI generated or digitally created by you. Compositions can use the works of others so long as the new composition is considered a new and unique creation of your own making. Images must not include any vulgar or inappropriate content for the forum and must follow all rules of conduct for posting here in TNP. The members of the Ministry of Culture along with the Delegate will judge the submissions to choose the winner according to the criteria below. No nation who submits an art piece to the contest may take part in the deliberations by the Ministry of Culture.

Rubric of Criteria
Criteria
Description
Point Value
Creativity​
This category considers the uniqueness of the submission. If the piece is too similar to other submissions, then it may lose points.
10 points​
Relevance​
This category considers how fitting the submission is to represent the capital of the North Pacific. This takes into account the region's history and general theming.
10 points​
Clarity​
This category considers how clear or composed the submission is. If this composition is overly confused or incomplete, then it will lose points. Buildings should look like buildings, people should have hands with five fingers, etc.
10 points​
Complexity​
This category considers the detail of the composition. The amount of depth and realism of the city which comes from masterful description in the AI generator will be taken into account based on how the image comes together.
10 points​
Presentation​
This category considers the name of the submission and the explanation from the nation as to why it should rightfully take top placement.
10 points​

Total Possible: 50 points
Dates: The submission period will last one week to conclude at (time=1702188000). The Ministry of Culture will then spend the following week reviewing submissions in order to debut a winner a week later.

Rewards: The winning submission will be publicly announced and celebrated by the regional government and will be featured on the main factbook of the region.

Please use this form for your submission
Resident Nation's Name:

Art Submission's Name:

Description of Submission:

Submission Image:
[input here using the image input button]​

Last edited:
The piece which wins is meant to become a permanent fixture of the TNP handbook. It has to be able to match the digital imagery that is apparent elsewhere with the region’s imagery. Handrawn will not work for instance.

What I will do is allow for created images that do not utilize AI so long as the work is in fact your own and not pulled from the internet somewhere. Using components from the internet together to create a new and unique composition is permissible.

The piece which wins is meant to become a permanent fixture of the TNP handbook. It has to be able to match the digital imagery that is apparent elsewhere with the region’s imagery. Handrawn will not work for instance.

What I will do is allow for created images that do not utilize AI so long as the work is in fact your own and not pulled from the internet somewhere. Using components from the internet together to create a new and unique composition is permissible.
Using digital tools to create art is very different from using AI. None of the digital imagery we currently have is created by AI.

Using digital tools to create art is very different from using AI. None of the digital imagery we currently have is created by AI.
Well, now both options are on the table. There is skill necessary in both mediums albeit different. One requires expert description while the other requires a savvy for graphic design. People with either skillset are now included in this contest, and it is my hope that each of you will consider submitting.

It saddens me that the Ministry of Culture, of all places, is supporting the use of AI generated content and art.
It has no soul. No humanity.

A shame. I will not be taking part in this charade.

Back