Magecastle

Wolf of the North
Pronouns
He/Him
TNP Nation
Magecastle_Embassy_Building_A5
Discord
red_canine
I have created this thread based on consultation with @Kaschovia based on the idea that we ought to write more commendations and condemnations of members of TNP. While the Heroes of Valhalla program exists as a drafting space for such resolutions shared with other regions, it still seems worth gathering more ideas for C/Cs of TNP members which can be pursued inter alia in HoV.

If you have ideas for a TNP member deserving of a commendation or condemnation, please reply to this thread using the following form:

Code:
New nominee:

[B]Nominee name:[/B] (Preferably nation name)
[B]Category:[/B] (Commendation/Condemnation)
[B]Area/s of contribution:[/B] (eg regional government, roleplay, World Assembly, etc)
[B]Brief explanation of why they would be deserving:[/B] (No more than 1 or 2 sentences should suffice)
[B]Would you be interested in writing this resolution yourself?[/B] (Yes/No)
[B]If yes, would you like to have a co-author to facilitate the writing process?[/B] (Yes/No)

If you intend on taking up a nominee suggested by someone else, use the following form:
Code:
I intend to take up the following draft:

[B]Nominee name:[/b] (Preferably nation name)
[B]Category:[/b] (Commendation/Condemnation)
[B]Would you like to have a co-author to facilitate the writing process?[/B] (Yes/No)
Do note that if you intend on taking up an idea here, always make sure to check with your nominee that they are okay with the draft being pursued. It is also important that once you have put together a reasonably complete draft, you post it to the Security Council forum and leave it there for a minimum of at least three weeks; I would also strongly recommend asking experienced authors for feedback prior to posting to the forum. If you are new to the Security Council, I would recommend reading this guide to the same by @Westinor!

List of ideas (arranged in alphabetical order),
Have fun!

Last edited:
New nominee:

Nominee name: Simone Republic
Category: Either
Area/s of contribution: World Assembly, regional government
Brief explanation of why they would be deserving: Simone is a 16x GA Author, and is also known for their roleplay as a nameless bear character in the GA. In addition they have written nearly 100 IFVs for TNP, and authored the IFV authorship guide pinned in this forum.
Would you be interested in writing this resolution yourself? Yes; I already have a draft in the form of a commendation, although Simone asked to wait a while before pursuing it.
If yes, would you like to have a co-author to facilitate the writing process? Not necessary.

New nominee:

Nominee name: Prydania
Category: Commendation
Area/s of contribution: Roleplay, regional government
Brief explanation of why they would be deserving: Prydania is a prolific roleplayer in both TNP and Taijitu, as they have been for many years. They have also served in various regional government positions, including inter alia WA Delegate in 2020.
Would you be interested in writing this resolution yourself? Not at the moment, although I may be interested down the line.
If yes, would you like to have a co-author to facilitate the writing process? N/A.

Last edited:
Nominee name: Sil Dorsett
Area/s of contribution: Regional government, roleplay, contributions to the community
Brief explanation of why they would be deserving: Sil has served in so many different areas within the region, consistently dedicating time and energy to all of them to the highest standard. While the position of Delegate is not on their resume, and is not exclusively required for a commendation, I wholeheartedly believe Sil is deserving of such recognition. My only gap in familiarity is with contributions to other areas of NS outside TNP, and I'd need to confirm with Sil that pursuing such a draft would be okay.
Would you be interested in writing this resolution yourself? Yes.
If yes, would you like to have a co-author to facilitate the writing process? Yes.

SR Update (March 2024): Ghost has a draft in circulation.

New nominee:

Nominee name: Magecastle/The Ice States (their preference)
Area/s of contribution: Regional government, World Assembly, roleplay?
Brief explanation of why they would be deserving: Writer of 30+ WA resolutions, MoWAA of TNP, Immigration Officer of Greater Dienstad
Would you be interested in writing this resolution yourself? Yes
If yes, would you like to have a co-author to facilitate the writing process? Depends how I go

New nominee:

Nominee name: Westinor
Category: (Commendation)
Area/s of contribution: regional government, SC, R/D?
Brief explanation of why they would be deserving: prolific writer, 26 SC resolutions, four issues (can't issue her capacity as issues editor but otherwise should be OK), defender, delegate and GP in numerous regions not just here, actually Minister of MoWAA at one time here - this can go to HoV if no one takes it up here since she's over there as well. Convincing her to take the commend might be the hardest part though but I think she's open to it if we write it really well.
Would you be interested in writing this resolution yourself? Yes, but with the qualifier that I tend to write like employee reference letters and it would feel like a very bland LinkedIn 600-word executive profile listing key achievements and KPIs delivered. Matter of fact but probably not the more flowery style that SC voters tend to like and that West is way better at.
If yes, would you like to have a co-author to facilitate the writing process? In the sense of adding a bit of flourish, yeah, it's more in the sense that I tend to write in a pretty blunt way

New nominee:

Nominee name: Wymondham
Category: (Commendation)
Area/s of contribution: regional government
Brief explanation of why they would be deserving: tonnes of government experience to write about in multiple regions, delegate, justice, etc., TWP, Lazarus, TNP, Osiris, etc, plus the NS Christmas Charity fundraiser (will need to find a way to work that in, raised more than $10,000 for charity over the last three years on behalf of NSers)
Would you be interested in writing this resolution yourself? Yes but subject to the same qualifier above
If yes, would you like to have a co-author to facilitate the writing process? Same qualifier above

Last edited:
Back