Discord
themacmilitant
moc_seal.png

Office of the Minister
-
~-
Opening Address: 13 September 2023

Hello,

My name is Robespierre and I'm your new Minister of Communications. By now, I suspect that almost all of you know who I am. So, with that in mind, we can probably skip the introductions and the pleasantries and get right down to business instead.

The ministry has a number of things on its to-do list for this new term. As Delegate @Kaschovia's choice to continue the revival for the next four months, it's my job to see to it that we accomplish each of the goals that he outlined for us during his campaign. Rest assured, I am well-equipped for this role and most everything I do here will have a purpose that amounts toward us hitting on each of the targets that we've been given.

But, frankly speaking, I can't do it all alone. I need a team and that team needs to be guided by a strategy. Over the course of the past few days, I've been in talks with a few people who I believe share the same drive and vision for success that both the Delegate and I do. Let me introduce you to them:

I hereby appoint @Halsoni as the Executive Deputy Minister of Communications. He will be serving as my second-in-command and will be tasked with many of the ministry's administrative functions, as well as the general oversight of our text-based publications. I have no doubt that he'll be an integral part of my team, as he's been an invaluable asset to the ministry as both a staffer and as a Deputy Minister under the previous two Ministers of Communications.

To go along with that, I also hereby appoint @nvxl as a Deputy Minister of Communications and @El Fiji Grande as an Advisor to the Ministry. nvxl joined the team last term and has been an energetic and helpful presence ever since. They'll be tasked with helping us get our visual appeal to be on par with the quality of our writer's articles, as well as the administration and day-to-day running of the Collaborative Design Team.

Fiji is someone who needs no introduction in this area, but I would nonetheless be remiss if I didn't express how pleased I am to have him onboard with us. He may not care for the title or the connotations of responsibility that come with being a typical Deputy Minister, and that's precisely why he's not one!

Instead, he'll be drawing upon his unique insight to provide us with general advisory services. As a Minister, I can confidently say that I don't need any "yes" men. Fiji is certainly anything but that, as he's never shied away from participating in internal discussions about which approach we ought to take to solve problems and produce better results. I'm completely confident in his ability to chime in whenever and wherever he's needed and I believe that his counsel will prove valuable to us.

If you're interested in getting involved with the Ministry of Communications, please consider visiting this thread to join us.

On a somewhat related note, sign-ups are now open for anyone (naturally skillful or otherwise!) to join the Collaborative Design Team and begin working with other designers and artists from across the region in a collaborative, welcoming environment.

Lastly, if you're a member of the ministry who's reading this and you haven't done so already, please direct your attention to this thread and complete this term's roll call. Doing so is a requirement for those who intend to remain as staffers and the deadline for replies has been set for a little under 72 hours from now.

Suffice it to say, I'm excited, you're excited, and we're all excited about what we can achieve over the coming months. But, in order for us to do that, we have to be consistent with our efforts and we have to remain focused on the tasks at hand. Be deliberate. If we can do those few things, we'll have success here. Any questions?

In service,

~ Robespierre (Francois Isidore)
Minister of Communications

Back