Discord
themacmilitant
moc_seal.png

The Ministry of Communications
-
~-
Collaborative Design Team: Sign-ups

Everyone,

As part of this administration's goals for the new term and beyond, the Ministry of Communications will now be coordinating a collective effort to bring designers and artists from around The North Pacific together. Upon signing up, members of the team may be asked to create templates and other graphics for the various publications that are produced by our staff members.

In the interest of sustainability, it's preferable that these tasks aren't left to a mere one or two people to complete. As such, seeing a need to alleviate the concentrated and closed-off nature of these tasks, the collaborative design team is hereby established with @nvxl as its team leader.

Regardless of whether or not you have a keen eye for design or a natural talent for creating things, you can still be of help. If you don't know which software to work with when you're just starting out or what you should do to start creating beautiful, usable graphics, then you can be taught. You don't need to be a member of the Ministry of Communications to join the design team. All you need is to be a TNPer. Participation is completely voluntary, of course.

This thread will remain open at all times for sign-ups and a list of the team's current members will be kept below. We strongly encourage you to get involved today!

Please reply to this post using the following template if you're interested in joining the Collaborative Design Team:
Code:
[b]Do you have any design experience? (If not, that's okay! We can help you learn!)[/b] < Yes | No >
[b]What is your preferred program/software to work with (e.g. Photoshop/Adobe products, Canva, GIMP, etc.):[/b] < >
[b]Which publication would you like to begin designing for?[/b] < The North Star | The Northern Lights | The Northern Notes | NBS Radio | Any >

Note: If you have any questions about Canva or making templates for the ministry's use, please don't hesitate to reach out to @Halsoni for answers!

~ Robespierre (Francois Isidore)
Minister of Communications

Collaborative Design Team Members:

Name:
Preferred Program/Software:
ChipoliCanva
Lionsmeow/LionsroarCanva, GIMP, paint.net
Halsoni/RubenCanva, Inkscape
TheLandOfFunFunFunCanva
NutmegTheSquirrelAdobe Creative Cloud, Canva
RocketdogAdobe Illustrator, Canva
Bran AstorInkscape, paint.net
PicairnCanva
QueroJS Paint

Note: This post will be updated periodically by ministry leadership.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have any design experience? (If not, that's okay! We can help you learn!) Yes
What is your preferred program/software to work with (e.g. Photoshop/Adobe products, Canva, GIMP, etc.): <Canva is what I prefer, but I'm willing to work with anything.>
Which publication would you like to begin designing for? < Primarily NBS Radio, but I'm willing to try any publication.>

Do you have any design experience? (If not, that's okay! We can help you learn!) Well, I did design this and that for private points but never really tried that in a bigger way. So kinda, I guess :)
What is your preferred program/software to work with (e.g. Photoshop/Adobe products, Canva, GIMP, etc.): I have used different programms in the past depending on my need, so probably Canva, GIMP and paint.net (which doesn't really count). I have also tried out Adobe Programs.
Which publication would you like to begin designing for? I don't have a preference to be fair, since I do have to learn a bit.

Do you have any design experience? (If not, that's okay! We can help you learn!) Yes, a little bit.
What is your preferred program/software to work with (e.g. Photoshop/Adobe products, Canva, GIMP, etc.): I'm familiar with Canva
Which publication would you like to begin designing for? Any

Do you have any design experience? (If not, that's okay! We can help you learn!) A little bit.
What is your preferred program/software to work with (e.g. Photoshop/Adobe products, Canva, GIMP, etc.): I like Canva!
Which publication would you like to begin designing for? Any is fine! :D (though reliability might be influenced by IRL events)

same as Halsoni :P

Do you have any design experience? (If not, that's okay! We can help you learn!) < Yes >
What is your preferred program/software to work with (e.g. Photoshop/Adobe products, Canva, GIMP, etc.): < I normally work with Adobe Spark (Now Creative Cloud) but I work with Canva too >
Which publication would you like to begin designing for? < Any >

Do you have any design experience? (If not, that's okay! We can help you learn!) < Yes >
What is your preferred program/software to work with (e.g. Photoshop/Adobe products, Canva, GIMP, etc.): < Canva / Illustrator >

What is your preferred program/software to work with (e.g. Photoshop/Adobe products, Canva, GIMP, etc.): < GIMP >

What is your preferred program/software to work with (e.g. Photoshop/Adobe products, Canva, GIMP, etc.): < Inkscape, paint.net, limited Canva >

Do you have any design experience? (If not, that's okay! We can help you learn!) < No >
What is your preferred program/software to work with (e.g. Photoshop/Adobe products, Canva, GIMP, etc.): <CANVA >
Which publication would you like to begin designing for? < The North Star | The Northern Lights>

Do you have any design experience? (If not, that's okay! We can help you learn!) Yes
What is your preferred program/software to work with (e.g. Photoshop/Adobe products, Canva, GIMP, etc.): Adobe In-Design, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Krita, Inkscape.
Which publication would you like to begin designing for? Depends on time since I have a bunch of other stuff going on (and RL am kind of busy), but from time to time I can try to help.

Last edited:
Do you have any design experience? (If not, that's okay! We can help you learn!) Yes, some.
What is your preferred program/software to work with (e.g. Photoshop/Adobe products, Canva, GIMP, etc.): Canva.
Which publication would you like to begin designing for? < The North Star | The Northern Notes >

What is your preferred program/software to work with (e.g. Photoshop/Adobe products, Canva, GIMP, etc.): < ibis paint>
Which publication would you like to begin designing for? <Any>

What is your preferred program/software to work with (e.g. Photoshop/Adobe products, Canva, GIMP, etc.): < ibis paint>
Which publication would you like to begin designing for? <Any>
Did I get in?

What is your preferred program/software to work with (e.g. Photoshop/Adobe products, Canva, GIMP, etc.): <JS Paint. It is cheap. but enough for me. I also make designs on other programs, but they should not ask me for sign up for that program. >

Last edited:
Collaborative Design Team Members:

Name:
Preferred Program/Software:
nvxl (Team Leader)Figma, GIMP
ChipoliCanva
Lionsmeow/LionsroarCanva, GIMP, paint.net
Halsoni/RubenCanva
TheLandOfFunFunFunCanva
NutmegTheSquirrelAdobe Creative Cloud, Canva
RocketdogAdobe Illustrator, Canva
KastonviaGIMP
Bran AstorInkscape, paint.net
ArdenyanNAtCanva
SimoneAdobe Photoshop/Illustrator/In-Design, Inkscape, Krita
PicairnCanva
OrangeIbis Paint

Note: This post will be updated periodically by the team leader and ministry leadership.
Am I successful in joining the team?

Am I successful in joining the team?
Yes, my apologies.

Whenever people sign-up to join the collaborative design team, there isn't really an accept/deny process. You're typically added automatically, however I seem to have missed yours.

Do you have any design experience? (If not, that's okay! We can help you learn!) < Yes>
What is your preferred program/software to work with (e.g. Photoshop/Adobe products, Canva, GIMP, etc.):Canva < >
Which publication would you like to begin designing for? < The North Star | The Northern Notes >

@nvxl, @Verissimus, @Simone, and @Orange are hereby removed from the Collaborative Design Team.

I have self-removed myself from the Discord masking for me as a member of the Design Team, since I have not been a member of the team since February. My design style is largely geometric and minimalist, it doesn't work well with TNP's style, and my skills in Adobe InDesign are somewhat rusty.

Back