TNP Nation
Kaschovia
Discord
kaschovia
del_seal.png

Opening Address
September 2023

To all North Pacificans,

It is with immense gratitude that I thank you in this opening address for trusting in me to serve as your elected Delegate. We have a lot to get done this term, so I am honored that my platform has justified your vote. I’d also like to thank Chipoli for running an excellent campaign and for putting his ideas forward. He is a credit to our community and will no doubt continue to make a real difference within this region. I must say a wholehearted congratulations to Fregerson and Cloud for winning the Vice Delegate and Speaker elections, I have complete confidence in both of you to succeed in your new positions. These elections have come at such a pivotal moment in our history, and have encouraged many important conversations around how we should plot our course forward. There may be obstacles along any path we take, but I believe the plans in my campaign present the clearest set of options for enacting real, positive action within the region.

Our resolve over the last six months has been tested like never before. We have faced unique and complicated challenges on all fronts, highlighting multiple areas where progress is only possible through stability and consistent action. A lot of work is needed to get our executive into top shape, but I assure you, with realistic and measured objectives, it will happen. We must remain steadfast and united in the pursuit of our goals and vehemently protect the interests of the North Pacific both at home and abroad. So to this end, know that the various goals in my platform will be pursued and implemented to the greatest extent possible.

I now present to you my cabinet for the next four months:

Minister of Defense - @Comfed

Comfed has proven consistently that he is capable of leading our military forces and has channeled tremendous efforts into improving various areas of the ministry. My time as Deputy Minister of Defense only further convinced me of his suitability for the role, especially in our discussions regarding recruitment, training, and rewards. I have no doubt he will continue to direct the North Pacific Army as efficiently as he has over the next four months, and put in place the plans necessary to follow up on the goals I laid out in my platform. It is more important than ever for us to build up our ranks and support the next generation of soldiers within the North Pacific Army. Comfed is going to be instrumental in that effort.

Minister of Foreign Affairs - @Pallaith

Pallaith’s service as a five-time former Delegate and two-time former Minister of Foreign Affairs makes him an obvious enough choice for this role, but I believe he brings much more to the table than his curriculum vitae. He’s a frank and headstrong contributor to any discussion he’s a part of and has championed our foreign policy on many occasions throughout the years. His experience and calculated insight will be more valuable than ever in these times, where we’ll need to fully engage our diplomatic network and utilize all available staff to pursue our interests on the international stage.

Minister of World Assembly Affairs - @Magecastle

Magecastle’s knowledge of the World Assembly, not only in terms of writing and analyzing proposals, but also in terms of managing the internal processes of the ministry, are abundantly clear. While he’s already been in the position for around seven weeks, his service as a deputy and as a regular part of the ministry goes back much further than that. Magecastle has shown his dedication to the ministry and has demonstrated consistently that he knows what he is doing, so I’m confident we’ll be seeing even more successful leadership from him over the next four months.

Minister of Culture - @Nutmeg The Squirrel

Nutmeg’s consistent ambition has impressed me particularly throughout his time as Minister of Culture, especially in doing a lot of the groundwork for events and activities. Resolutely determined to see through many of Culture’s plans as the minister last term, Nutmeg also continues to encourage newer staff to take part in those efforts. He always has a number of things to add to any discussion, and I believe he will continue to prove himself as one of our most promising rising stars over the next four months.

Minister of Home Affairs and Lead Gameside Advocate - @Lionsmeow

Lionsmeow has an outstanding connection to the gameside community and has regularly established himself as a hardworking presence in the executive. He has been serving in the position since late June, so his recent experience will allow us to pick up where the ministry left off and implement our plans. As a stellar Lead Gameside Advocate in addition to those factors, Lionsmeow has reliably engaged with the Regional Message Board, cultivating a welcoming and supportive environment for new nations, and helping with the success of more gameside events. I look forward to seeing more of what he can achieve in the role.

Minister of Communications - @Robespierre

Robespierre has been dedicated to the revival of the Ministry of Communications since day one, and has played a massive role in the successful return of the Northern Broadcasting Service. He was one of the first deputies I appointed when my term as minister began mid-May, and has only gone from strength to strength since. The ministry has a lot of potential to expand upon the foundations we’ve laid down, and in conversations with Robespierre it has only become more clear that he knows what his approach is going to be. Justifying the revival is the goal this term, and I’m confident we have the perfect minister to fuel and organize that effort.

Appointed ministers, please take your oaths! Also, keep an eye out for an addition and multiple changes to the Delegate Directives over the next few days, as well as the roll out of a transition plan for the in-game delegacy. Announcements regarding the Gameside Advocates and the leadership of the Cards Guild will be made soon as well.

Finally, let us remember from our storied past that the North Pacific has always found a way. The independent, undying spirit of our region runs deep through our twenty year history, upheld and decorated by some of the most diligent nations this world has ever seen. It is because those nations fought at every turn to protect our sovereignty that the North Pacific exists as it does today. In the same breath we must also look to the present and to the future; to the ministers, deputies, and staff making waves in the executive, to the legislators and soldiers forging our future by pen or sword, and to each and every one of you who constitutes our democracy. For those who have come before us, and for those who will come after us, onward shines the light.

Here's to a great term.

Kaschovia
Delegate

I hope this term can recreate the joy I once had during November 2022! Best of luck, Kasch!

Back