Pronouns
He/Him
Discord
Altys#4138

⤆ ⤇ ↺ ☖ | Secure | https://epns.mon.gov.caek/issue/2023/8.html

dJhLwfz.gif

EPNS August 2023 Edition
Contents:
  • It’s been four years since Fedele. Is it time to move on?
  • GAMER WEDNESDAYS NOW OPEN
  • How The East Pacific's Opinion has Changed
  • TEP's UTEP and Culture Trouble
  • Delegate’s Update
  • Vice Delegate Diaries: August
  • Praesidium August Update

It’s been four years since Fedele. Is it time to move on?
By: Merlovich | Edited By: Vussul
I’ve found myself stuck in a train of thought this week. Amidst my work in the Ministry of Outreach, I’ve been mulling over thoughts on how to make TEP more whole, a single community as opposed to the more tight-knit subcommunities that exist today. It’s led me to an understanding.

It’s been four years since the coup, an event that has no doubt shaped our region into what it is today, an elaborate plan to overthrow our democracy and our institutions. Months upon months of sowing distrust, widening rifts, and complicating relationships. No one can stand here today and argue the coup did not change us.

The problems that Fedele and his band of thugs sowed have been a complicated matter to resolve, especially in the RMB community. Many of us will remember the many problems of 2019, whether it be the constant infighting between different groups, the erosion of trust in our institutions, or the hostile takeovers of our community hubs.

This has been especially prevalent in our RMB Cafeteria, where Fedele and Co. attempted to take over the Discord, presumably in an attempt to control the narrative and minimize rebellion when the coup eventually commenced. While they had some success in this endeavor, they ultimately failed. However, their actions continue to leave a lasting scar on our community to this day.

It’s been four years since then. It’s now September 2023 and, my friends, we need to finally move on. We don’t talk often about the coup, that isn’t what I’m eluding to, much of its history has been forgotten with each new wave of fledglings. It is with our elders, our veterans, our bastions of the community. Those of us who have been part of the RMB community for years now. We need to step back and let go of our manufactured grievances.

The coup made us wary and uncomfortable with authority. It made us distrustful of our institutions and our government, and fostered a subconscious belief that the RMB was always better off in its own corner. We trusted one another and we thrived and made friends in our bubbles. It is time we step out of the darkness and begin to rebuild those bridges. We’ve overseen several governments since the coup and we’ve seen Delegate after Delegate, each working hard to rebuild the region and make it a better place. It’s time the RMB stepped up and played its part in our region again.

Our community is one of the largest, if not the largest sub-community in the region. We make up so much of TEP, yet we have so little say in it. So few of us are involved in the decision-making of the region, whether it be working in the halls of the executive, enrolling to vote, or enlisting in our defense. We have so much more strength than we realize, it’s high time we step up and play our part again. Things have changed for the better, and all we need to do is see the light.

I ask that in the coming months, we make a conscious effort to ensure our RMB community holds itself high again. Enrol yourself to vote, make your voice heard in discussions, and tell people what you want to see in the region. Enlist in the EPSA, and stand up for our region in a time of great need. I know many of you who would make fine members of the executive, and while it seems so daunting at first, we are so much more alike than we think across the region. Every person here is an East Pacifican, we are brothers and sisters and everything in between. Let’s work together, not apart.

GAMER WEDNESDAYS NOW OPEN
By: Distro-Spartica | Edited By: Vussul

Hey you, yeah you, the reader. You should hop on The East Pacific’s discord server and join me for GAMER WEDNESDAY©™® (hosted every Saturday) at 5:00 PM EST (9:00 PM UTC). It’s loads of fun, we draw crude depictions of Bulgarian kiwis on Gartic Phone or make t-shirts that say poetic lines such as “poo poo pee pee” and “haha piss” in Jackbox and pin them on the Discord’s starboard!

Why is GAMER WEDNESDAY on a Saturday, you ask? Well, that’s quite a long story. If you really insist, I suppose I could grant you the lore of GAMER WEDNESDAY. So take a seat, get comfortable, and prepare to relish the grand history of the GAMER WEDNESDAY.

It all started on a sweltering July afternoon. I was summoned by our one and only Vice-Delegate, Eunopiar, to help get some events going. Immediately, I said yes. It was an amazing opportunity to try and make my own fun quirky weekly event, and centering the events around video games was doubly amazing :D.

A plethora of ideas came to mind, but Eunopiar wisely advised that I start small, and get people used to the consistent events I would be hosting. Thus I settled for a simple game of Gartic Phone. I also thought about hosting the event every Wednesday, my thought process being that it would be a fun little break in the middle of a long week. And so it was settled. Eunopiar provided me with the necessary role to make announcements to everyone on The East Pacific discord server.

The 9th of August would be the first of many GAMER WEDNESDAYs; the beginning of many glorious sessions of gameplay and goofy activities. I counted the days and kept everyone who had the @Gamer or @Notifications roles updated. Until the day finally arrived. When the day finally arrived, I set up the event on the Discord server and waited for the people to flock in. And I waited… and waited… and waited… and then a friendly Vussul came along, and so we waited. And waited… until 30 minutes had passed with only the two of us in the voice chat. At this point I figured no one else was gonna show up. I kept giving it that “one more minute” until I had lost all hope.

Just as I was about to disconnect from the voice chat, a certain New Leganes had appeared! He had seen our itty bitty turnout and decided to ping those who he thought would be interested in gaming. And so more people showed up! What looked like a failure was an absolute success thanks to Vussul, New Leganes, and everyone else who was there for the first GAMER WEDNESDAY. It was clear to me now that Wednesday was an awkward day to host games, especially at 5:00 p.m. So I moved it to Saturday while still keeping the fabulous name. Since then, we’ve had a decent turnout each GAMER WEDNESDAY, and the rest is history.

So there you have it. The origin of GAMER WEDNESDAY, an adventure of epic proportions, most definitely. Since you’re still reading this, I figured I should let you in on a little secret. You see, one of those ideas in my plethora of ideas may or may not have involved a large tournament… a chess tournament in the future. Sound like something you’d be interested in? Well, whether it is or isn’t, there’s no shortage of party games to play until this hypothetical tournament. So come on over to The East Pacific's discord server and join us every Saturday at 5:00 PM EST (9:00 PM UTC) for GAMER WEDNESDAY(trademarked)(c) for some rad gaming!!

How The East Pacific's Opinion has Changed
By: Libertanny | Edited By: Vussul
Back in 2020, we went through a poll determining political views within The East Pacific. We’ve seen a presence of defender and defender-leaning ideologies, followed by an even stronger presence of cosmopolitanism and support for forms of government different than the meritocratic republic The East Pacific is. Today we are presenting a comparison between The East Pacific’s ideological landscape in 2020 and 2023 alongside statistics from both years and quotes from supporters of given views from this year's survey.

Regional Stance

5xg9Rpu.png

Regional Stances Explained:
Jingoism - extreme regionalism

Regionalism - loyal to one particular region

Cosmopolitanism Major - cosmopolitanism with TEP as main region

Cosmopolitanism Minor - cosmopolitanism with TEP as minor region

Starting with one of the most popular categories of political views, regionalism and cosmopolitanism, we also start in one of the biggest changes that happened in the course of almost three years. In 2023 we can see a huge increase in regionalism (2023: 48%; 2020: 17.24%) and a minor increase in jingoism (2023: 12%; 2020: 10.34%) at the cost of both forms of cosmopolitanisms - major experiencing a decrease (2023: 12%; 2020: 17.24%) and minor experiencing on a full decline (2023: 24.14%; 2020: 0%). Lastly, centrist ideology went through a minor decrease (2023: 16%; 2020: 20.69%).

“As a contingency plan, I joined TEP shortly before getting expelled from TCB. One of the main reasons was that TEP was known for being a 'chill' feeder with a vibe I appreciated in the region. However, the region's heavy focus on RP, which isn't my cup of tea, made me less active in TEP, except for its FA ministry.” - A surveyee on their cosmopolitanism.

“I firmly believe TEP is superior to all other regions. This just has to be realized. All it needs is a strong leader to go in the right direction to ascend it to its natural place, above all other regions.” - A surveyee on their jingoism.

R/D Alignment

3nv4Xdg.png

gA8Xsuv.png

Next, we dive into the spectrum of military ideologies. Whilst overall indie ideologies have remained in the hearts of almost half of our population (2023: 44%; 2020: 44.83%), we have experienced a strong increase in raider moods - raider-leaning (semi-raider) receiving a minor increase (2023: 8%, 2020: 3.45%) and raider building a strong presence starting from zero (2023: 12%; 2020: 0%). These mood changes happen at the cost of support for defenderism - defender-leaning (semi-defender) went through a decrease (2023: 16%; 2020: 20.69%), whilst defender views lost over fifty percent of its supporters (2023: 8%; 2020: 17.24%). Lastly, we’ve seen a complete abscence in imperialism (2023: 0%; 2020: 3.45%). It’s also worth noting that both defender and raider views are represented heavily by native East Pacificans, often due to current political events, as evidenced in a quote below:

“It's been more of a gradual pull. The Mainstream Defenders have shown their true colors. They want nothing to do with Indies/unaligned and they refuse to acknowledge that Raiders can exist too.” - A surveyee on their support for raider ideologies.

“I tend to avoid the R/D sphere, as plainly speaking, it isn't my cup of tea - however, I consider myself to lean towards the defender end of the scale as my belief in the preservation of regions' cultural identities and history inherently puts me at odds with most raider operations, whether they be tagging or refoundings. I'm motivated to preserve this history/identity that can be lost during raider operations, as I see it as essential to maintain a record of a region's past to fully appreciate its unique journey, regardless of the brevity of the region's existence or its perceived lack of contributions.” - A surveyee on their support for defender ideologies.

Forms of Government

LXUE9N5.png

Forms of Government Explained:
Empire - ruled by one individual controlling TEP and puppet regions

Monarchy/Dictatorship - ruled by one individual

Noble Authoritarian Republic - a total leader who has executive, legislative, and judicial powers elected by high-status TEPers (i.e. only TEPers that have been in TEP for X years, who have contributed to the region, or WA Citizens)

Noble Republic - executive leader elected by high-status TEPers (e.g. only TEPers that have been in TEP for X years, have contributed to the region, or WA Citizens)
Authoritarian Republic - an elected total leader with Ministers appointed by such leader, without separation of powers (elected leader has executive, legislative, and judicial powers)

Meritocratic Republic - elected executive leader and Ministers appointed by such leader with separation of powers (current government system)
Parliamentary Monarchy - ruled by one individual and an elected body (e.g. Emperor and Elected Senate)

Democratic Republic - an elected leader and elected Ministers and legislators

Direct Democracy - elected representatives where final decisions are taken by Citizenry in referendums

Anarchy - no actual government

As we head to support for various forms of government, we can see that in 2023, support for a meritocratic republic (the current form of government) seems more unanimous than it was back in 2020 (2023: 60%, 2020:34.48%). Support for a democratic republic has scored the greatest decrease (2023: 12%; 2020: 31.03%) and was followed by a decrease in support for a direct democracy (2023: 4%; 2020: 20.69%). Whilst likely irrelevant due to minimal support, in 2023 we have seen the appearance of support for anarchy (4%) and empire (8%), where both scored a perfect 0% in 2020.

“Well for that one, personally I've found that Monarchy regions are just better run - at least to me, of course I'm sure others will disagree. However, I'm not a fan of the absolute kind, I think constitutional or even semi-constitutional monarchy regions allow for this sort of removed figure of balance to exist outside of the political sphere. Also, I'm not a big Republic guy.” - A surveyee on support for monarchy.

“I definitely think the ideas of open accountability in government guide that sentiment, but I think it’s also a matter of engagement. If we look at Thaecia, they have an elected legislature and they’re one of the most active political regions I’ve ever seen. In Thaecia, newcomers run for office all the time. Even in TEP we see newcomers sometimes running for Delegate, and we can see that elections can be stronger for engagement than doing without them. [...] It also ensures that the goals of the Ministers align with the goals of the people. [...] Also, I think the choice just stemmed from a desire for change. I think we could benefit from a more exciting, different system.” - A surveyee on support for a democratic republic.

“You know what they say, for a safer and securer society, but I will admit I actually thought more on that question that some of the others. Initially I went for the status quo because it's comfortable but then I decided to go with something that is different. As you know, I've been playing in TEP for a long time, and I think it is okay to reinvent oneself over having the same stagnancy. I'm not saying the current system is at this moment but it wouldn't hurt to keep an open mind.” - A surveyee on support for a parliamentary republic.

“Democracies, despite their flaws, are effective systems of governance. I believe that meritocracies, for example, can lead to a hierarchical society where a small group of popular individuals monopolizes decision-making. In contrast, direct democracies allow newcomers to be immediately involved in regional governance through legislation, which aligns with the purpose of such a system – writing and approving laws. While certain government matters like FA might not involve the citizenry, treaties, laws, and similar documents should always be open to their participation.” - A surveyee on support for a direct democracy.

FA Approach

mQte9Ii.png

FA Approaches explained:
Isolationist - not participating in interregional affairs at all

Semi-isolationist - participating in interregional affairs only if it means profit for The East Pacific

Neutral - participating in interregional affairs only if it means profit for The East Pacific or its allies

Semi-interventionist - participating in interregional affairs for the sake of The East Pacific and all of its diplomatic relations (e.g. having our Embassy's back; protecting friendly UCRs from raids, etc.)

Interventionist - participating in interregional affairs for both profit purposes and ideological values

In a changing world of regional stances, military views, and support for various forms of government, we can see one constant - preferred FA approach. No ideology went through a major increase or decrease - however, we’ve seen a slight increase in support for semi-interventionism (2023: 48%; 2020: 44.83%) and interventionism (2023: 20%; 2020: 17.24%). Semi-interventionism has been on the lead for almost three years now - with 48% support in 2023 and 44.83% support in 2020. Second place has been taken by the neutral approach (2023: 24%; 2020: 24.14%). Both isolationism and semi-isolationism scored 4% in 2023 and 3.45% in 2020. Lastly, and surprisingly, key differences have been seen in the undecided chunk of the population - the FA approach stands as the only category without an undecided population in 2023.

“My support for the interventionism lies in the current very situation of The East Pacific and other unaligned regions. Being somewhere outside of current political cold (and not so cold) wars, but also constantly being dragged by both alignments to support their cause, I simply think it is the time The East Pacific stands up for its own cause, it is the time The East Pacific establishes its own sphere and it is the time The East Pacific defends and protects both unaligned regions and their interest - at any cost.” - A surveyee on support for interventionism.

“I hold my own opinions on the ideological side of NS, but in the current climate of the game the imposition of ideals on other regions is impractical, putting aside moral concerns about it. In addition, involving ourselves too heavily in the interregional scene can alienate regions we'd rather keep as friends. For these reasons I can't really consider myself an interventionist, with some specific exceptions. At the same time, though, even I have to admit that total isolation is just as bad. Our motto has always been, "let entropy take the UCRs", but without active participation of some kind it will come for us as well. And when our treatied allies, or those who we hope will become so, request our assistance, it would be unnecessarily damaging to refuse.

But before we intervene in favor of a friend, we need commitment. That's really why I didn't move up to Semi-Interventionist.”
- A surveyee on support for a neutral approach.

FA Style

L1fi0DA.png

FA Styles explained:
Determined - do whatever TEP believes in, regardless of the opinions of other entities

Thoughtful - do whatever TEP believes in, as long as it does not anger allies

Careful - carefully take all decisions that may have consequences in PR or FA

Mainstream - fit with the mainstream to ensure good PR and a lot of friends/allies

Lastly, this comparison will cover the preferred FA style. Following a variety of events within NSGP such as, but not limited to, the appearance of MGC and BoM, TBH’s violation of FNR’s (a Lausanne’s signatory) sovereignty, mainstream regions’ approach towards Anime Nations Against Liberals, and the overall poor situation of unaligned and neutral regions, we’ve seen a huge increase of a determined approach (2023: 60%; 2020: 34.48%), becoming the leading stance at the cost of every other approach. At the same time the greatest decrease was seen in support for a thoughtful approach (2023: 8%; 2020: 20.69%). A minimal decrease was noted in support for the careful approach (2023: 28%; 2020: 31.03%) and mainstream approach (2023: 4%; 2020: 6.90%)
“TEP does what TEP wants [the rest of the message was redacted]” - A surveyee on support for determined style.

“I think it’s a mix of the current climate and my FA style. Based on my experiences, I believe that the only way to project FA presence and power is to build strong bonds with a small group of regions and have some sort of mutual understanding with the most powerful regions. Especially as an unaligned region, I feel like pissing off major defenders or raiders could end up damaging our FA greatly. It could lead to us losing ties with one side of the aisle, isolating us partially and really removing our biggest FA/military/cultural advantage, which is that we work with every region regardless of ideology. [...] BOM is making raiderdom difficult to work with and pushing most unaligned/independent regions towards defenderdom. Defenderdom, meanwhile, is emboldened by their new power and the new mechanical changes in the game, becoming more extremist and testing out the limits of their position. TEP stands unmoved by these changes, still resolute in our unalignment and our diversity of FA. I’d like us to keep that, I think it’s a great strength.” - A surveyee on support for careful style.

“I've always been a pragmatist when it comes to FA - I very much believe in doing what is right for us when it is right for us (as do all FA teams across NS), so in that sense I have a determined "TEP First approach". It is, however, important to be clear and communicative, making sure that allies can approach our government to frankly discuss issues and, if possible and mutually beneficial, work towards a mutual understanding. Our FA is and should continue to be both thoughtful and determined.” - A surveyee on support for determined and thoughtful style.

“It has always been my stance. TEP is not a flavor gameplay likes because we already do what we want and don't cower to their toxicity. In my point of view TEP does not seek power, even when that power would be nice, because we seek something more meaningful with other regions: friendship.” - A surveyee on determined style.
“It might sound mainstream, but TEP genuinely needs to change. With one of the largest delegates in the game, we possess significant political influence that could be advantageous if we adapt some aspects of the region's culture. Realizing and leveraging our immense political weight can lead to positive transformations.” - A surveyee on mainstream style.

Bonus
As an additional part of the survey, which cannot be compared with 2020 results due to the lack of these specific questions in 2020, we’ve asked Citizens of The East Pacific which region (based on ideology) would they support if “both regions were equally right”. Unaligned regions were supported by the majority of surveyees in 3 out of 3 times against independents, defenders, and raiders, independent regions 2 out of 3 times, defender regions 1 out of 3 times, and raider regions 0 out of 3 times.

“I get quite emotional about R/D, mainly because I used to have a region myself until it was subsequently raided; I asked for help from a region I thought was friendly, they gave up and left. As a result, I have become very hostile toward the idea of R/D. Therefore, I believe that if we are going to partake, we shouldn't be - to use a local expression - daft as brushes about it. We should do it for good. Raiding, as I've stated and implied, does no good.” - A surveyee on support for defender and unaligned regions.

“I have no sympathy for the majority of Defender regions. Some of them we have extremely good relations with (UDS or FNF), but other than those two that I can think of, I have no sympathy” - A surveyee on support for raider and unaligned regions.

TEP's UTEP and Culture Trouble
By: Vussul

The East Pacific has four active Ministries and one active pseudo-Ministry; Mine, the Ministry of News, the Ministry of Outreach, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and the Eastern Pacific Sovereign Army.

Culture and the University of The East Pacific (UTEP) (also known as the Ministry of Education) are the Ministries that have been forgotten. Culture promotes regional activity primarily and UTEP is supposed to be the academic center of the East in the broadest sense of the term.

Culture's revival is an absolute necessity. The role of a Culture or Culture-like system in any region is non-negotiable. That it has been left in such a state is a disappointment. TEP holds few cultural activities. The few cultural activities it does have good turnout. The desire for more is there. I applaud Chaos for his GAMER WEDNESDAYs and Delegate Altys for the Hunger Games he runs, but this isn't enough. These are ad hoc. A more permanent Ministry needs to be created to run festivals, flag contests, game side polls, game nights, and the rest of the Culture repertoire.

UTEP's revival would be significantly more difficult. The broad goal means that it could be many things and not everyone works well with such a large scope. The most successful iteration of UTEP was under Sam, who turned it into a place for regular debates, similar to what exists in #debates-and-politics now and #in-real-life before. It existed as a separate community in its own right. This all evaporated when it was merged into the Uniexec, which in hindsight was a major mistake. A revival, in my opinion, would have to start by recreating UTEP in the main server, open to all by default, with minimal staff whilst taking advantage of the existing appetite for debates.

These are just my opinions. Culture-wise, we only currently have Chaos who runs things and has ideas. His article is included in this issue. UTEP-wise, we have y0 who occasionally runs weekly questions for UTEP and God-Emperor who has ideas about creating courses for UTEP. I hope each person here has the ambition to take over their respective fields and succeed in them. I give them my full backing.

Delegate’s Update
By: Altys | Edited By: Vussul
Month of August
At the beginning of August Vussul was appointed as the new Minister of News. As I’ve stated in my appointment post, he had done a great job for EPNS June 2023 where he effectively revived this long-form version of EPNS displayed in previous years, and has shown similar qualities in the leadup to this edition of the paper!

During the entire month, the new/updated dispatches of the region’s dispatch networks were implemented, while a lot of new RA projects popped up. The rewriting of our WA Tech (REWARD Program) began with the aim to add several more features aimed at better incentivizing a WA culture. We also revived some old tech related to API telegrams (i.e. sending telegrams after X day a nation has spent in the region) and began drafting the telegram templates for those. Minister of Outreach Merlovich also ran a poll surveying appetite for a weekly news update posted on the RMB covering what the Government is doing, a project which is also in the works. Finally, the rebranding and restructuring of EPSA was finished and advertised to the region.

When it comes to events, we hosted our monthly Hunger Games on August 27th, inviting Community for the occasion! This time Myehn won the Games, also ending with the most kills (5). As usual, this edition featured many tributes teaming with each other, to the point each night ended up being the “wholesome time” of the Games, with almost no tributes dying at night. Of course this was counterbalanced by an absurd amount of double kills throughout the event, as well as the arena’s borders rapidly contracting on the tributes and killing many of them.

That concludes big Government happenings for this month! Now onwards to my plans for September!

Plans for September!
For September I want us to focus on finishing ongoing projects. REWARD expansion, the Weekly RMB updates, the API telegrams, and other ongoing discussions related to Outreach (regional awards, recruitment, making a more regular usage of onsite polls and regional telegrams, etc.) are all already a lot to take care of.
Past that I’m also going to be at the forefront of preparations for N-Day (hype!!) as leader of our faction, with planning for the event taking a chunk of my and Vice-Delegate Eunopiar’s time. More information on that soon!

Finally, in September I’d like to see the Government attempt to get more people interested in becoming registered voters in anticipation of the Delegate Elections in October. With many recent Government projects turned towards groups with low voter registration rates, I believe it’s fair to expect those will also pop up in the next election campaigns, and this will mark the continuation of my government's commitment to outreach.

Vice Delegate Diaries: August
By: Eunopiar | Edited By: Vussul
So, we’ve reached the second last installment of my Vice Delegate Diaries. Perhaps unbelievably, this term is now only a month away from closing. As usual, I have the laundry list of updates about what the executive has been working on this past month, alongside a few other notes.

Military Re-Brands: Done
In a rare Aga win, I have managed to complete all of the military rebranding work and have fully launched the new Eastern Expeditionary Forces! Our military consists of two branches: the Trailblazers, our updater corps, and the Eastern Pacific Expeditionary Forces, which I’ve plugged in a separate dispatch. Join them HERE!

Weekly Updates: EPNS Lite
We’re running weekly updates again! Our wonderful Ministers of Outreach and News, Merlovich and Vussul, have coordinated EPNS lite, a new frequent installment of the Eastern Pacific News Service, which we will start releasing regularly in September. You can read our pilot edition here.

Polling: Let’s Do More of It
You like polls, I deliver. This may be an inconsequential, minor footnote in TEP history, but we’re making an effort to do more for our RMB and gameside integration, polling will play a part in this. If you have any ideas for polls, feel free to telegram me (Eunopiar, and I can see if it’s included - you’ll be credited in the poll description!

Welcome Telegrams: We’re Doing More of It
Before a series of internal things happened and we stopped doing it, we used to send telegrams to every nation after they joined to make sure they were happy and up to date with everything the East Pacific has to offer. We’re really glad to be restarting this service, sending telegrams to nations to make sure they’re settling in correctly. The start date for the service is, as of yet, unconfirmed, but the telegrams have been written and it will be rolled out soon.

Praesidium August Update
By: Aivintis | Edited By: Vussul

To continue the Grand Vizier’s agenda, the rewrite of the Standing Orders of the Praesidium has experienced more discussion. Originally, GV Aivintis aimed to pass the rewrite by 20th August. After extending the deadline to 27th August, which passed without further discussion, Aivintis motioned the Standing Orders’ overhaul to a vote on 28th August. On 4th September, the vote ended, and the comprehensive Amendment was passed with a ¾ majority of voting Viziers.

On 10th August, Grand Vizier Aivintis spoke with the Administration and finalized his previously discussed proposal for regular notification to ensure that Viziers log into their nations (keeping them from ceasing to exist) and endotart to keep their endorsements high. Carl-bot now delivers such notifications in the Praesidium channel, courtesy of East Malaysia.

The next item on the Grand Vizier’s agenda was a system for proscription. Instead of a purely action-based system, as was originally conceived, Aivintis drew up plans for a watchlist-esque system instead. Based on the information noted in the watchlist, security threats might be barred from voting or citizenship to protect the region, but being placed on the watchlist itself would bear no inherent associated proscription. To this end, a discussion in the private Citadel subforum has been initiated. The System of Early Warning for Emerging Risks, or SEWER, designates threat levels based on the severity and likelihood of potential threats, so informed action can be considered by the Praesidium.

Noticing a discrepancy in the on-site dispatch of Viziers on 18th August, Grand Vizier Aivintis petitioned the Executive government to list him as the Grand Vizier in line with the July elections, rather than former Grand Vizier Dragons Blood. With this minor correction, it was soon discovered that the currently distributed Viziers dispatch was an old edition that was no longer being maintained by the Executive. To maintain compliance with the Standing Orders of the Praesidium, Section 2, Clause 2.2.6, the Grand Vizier pinned the current Praesidium dispatch in-game. The link in the WFE was also replaced in favor of the current dispatch.

Endorsement Tracker

VoWYokr.png

The Delegate notes the decline in endorsements is partially due to ongoing piling efforts.

Back