-
-
Pronouns
he/him
TNP Nation
Chipoli
Discord
chipoli
bAw8JolEHTDLb_zRf55ekAZZG0qlIyC0ziss7ZT2YkCi54qRFdjggkLtgzSrSOjgZBQ4ZsjGpVcQ0do34Sm1XclhTXl5B0Fh8rzAdQHd9IuD79bOoTxVSeeE5RgQfdCy43UwJqH43gdv1jhYkqcYxnE

Chipoli for Delegate

My fellow North Pacificans,

I am Chipoli, and I am running to be your next Delegate.

Introduction

Hello! If you all didn’t know already, my name is Chipoli. I have been playing NationStates since 2020, and I returned to The North Pacific in March of 2022 after a two-year absence. I developed an interest in the region’s executive staff, where I came across my first love, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs. I immediately began my work as a staffer, and soon enough my reputation as a hard worker led the minister at the time, Deropia, to appoint me as one of his deputies. It wasn’t long before I made an impression in that role as well. When Deropia was swamped by his real-life duties and needed more from the deputies, I stepped up and assisted with every vote I could. This caught the eye of Delegate Pallaith, who gave me my first ministerial position following Dero’s resignation. I served for the remainder of the term and was kept on the one following it, where I focused on the IFV guides and boosting staff engagement. Unfortunately, real-life issues of my own also limited what I could have achieved in that role, and my activity declined by the end of the year. When I was needed most, I couldn’t keep my flame alive. When the incoming Delegate Hulldom went over the cabinet he was inheriting, he knew I had to be replaced.

Finding myself as part of the staff again and seeing how I disappointed the people who believed in me reignited the fire inside me. I once again had something to prove and this was what I needed to get myself together. I was reappointed as a deputy, and I began working harder than ever to show what I could do and to make up for my poor showing the previous term. For the next four months, I focused on improving my game and teaching myself good habits so I would not repeat my prior mistakes. This ended up paying off, as I was appointed Minister of World Assembly Affairs again, this time by Gorundu. In May I was also elected as Vice Delegate and was given an opportunity to chair the Security Council. I was additionally Acting Delegate twice - once for about four days after Gorundu declared an absence, and I have also been in the seat for the past three weeks following his resignation. This period gave me an idea of the Delegate’s daily responsibilities and what it was like to be in his shoes. I learned how to manage the cabinet, and that experience gave me an idea of what I should expect from them and the way I preferred to lead. I very much enjoyed being able to work with everyone in a new way.

Being Delegate, I learned, allows you to figure out the best way to use everyone’s individual talents to accomplish the government’s goals, and talking to each minister and being involved with each area was an eye-opening experience. The first time I was acting delegate, I realized that it was something I had a few ideas about how to do better, and that I found the challenge exciting. Even though I still felt new and that I might be getting ahead of myself, I knew I wanted to get the chance to see my vision through, and I wanted to have a go again someday. When the Delegate resigned and these duties fell to me again, and I started to finish many of the things Gorundu started, I knew that I was ready to step up and run for Delegate. That led me to run in this general election.

I can’t lie though, this term isn’t going to be easy. The past four months have been challenging and hard on us, despite the great work the ministers accomplished. We’re in the midst of one of the toughest periods in recent memory for our region and we’ve faced a number of issues, both domestic and foreign. It was only recently that we repealed our treaty with one of our most long-standing allies in The South Pacific. We’ve had members of our government embroiled in legal complications, and chiefly among our difficulties has been the delegate’s inability to communicate with his citizens and his cabinet, leading to a mass resignation, which included myself, two of my fellow cabinet members, and the advisor to the delegate., and ultimately, that saga led to his own resignation. Respect for our region has diminished and our relationships with some of our greatest allies have suffered, and new partnerships were delayed because our region has barely had a presence in NS in general since the beginning of April. Tensions between our enemies are at an all-time high, and we are on the brink of war. I know people are tired and worried about our future, and some have given up. These days it feels like the fire inside most TNPers has faded like mine did almost a year ago.

I won’t let that happen. I will provide the spark that is needed to reignite TNP. I believe my hands-on leadership style and energy within the cabinet will get the most out of my ministers, in stark contrast to the lack of communication and harmony in the cabinet last term. I want to create a good working environment with plenty of communication and support from the delegate so the executive can produce as much as possible, but also so that the region can know what its government is doing and be able to rely on them from the staff to the Delegate’s office itself.

My Administration

Executive Management

If there’s one thing I learned from my experience as chair of the Security Council and Acting Delegate, it’s that I can’t help but be involved in every project and idea that is bounced around. Over the past three weeks, I have begun to develop an idea of the way I conduct things and how I plan to get the best out of my government. My leadership style in the cabinet will be hands-on. I will frequently check in with my cabinet, and I will make sure I will get the most out of them. I will be responsible for making sure the ministers keep their respective ministries in check. I will be a very frequent communicator in the cabinet, and I will be bringing back the tradition of holding cabinet voice chats in order to build cabinet cohesion and atmosphere. When I’m busy or unavailable, as we all sometimes are, I expect my cabinet to keep each other in check. Those closely working with me can expect a high-energy, intensive working environment.

I’ve also noticed that we’ve had challenges in processing executive staff applications. I’ve seen backlogs build, and potential staffers have to wait significantly longer than usual to get their applications processed. In the past, we’ve aimed for all applications to be reviewed within 48 hours, with a limit of 72. This past term, I have seen this standard drop and I will ensure responses to applications will be as quick as they were in the past.

In addition to consistently keeping my cabinet on task and making sure I am on top of things, my communication will go beyond just those working in the executive. The rest of the region will always know the great things we’re doing. I don’t ever want people to have to wonder what we’re up to or what projects we are working on - they should know what’s going on and be able to tell anyone who asks, in TNP or other regions.

Gameside Advocates

I intend to keep the Gameside Advocates under the guidance of Home Affairs. The GAs will continue to be used to welcome new regions on the regional message board as well as moderate it, but I’d also like to see them get our government as much exposure as possible. To combat our declining executive staff numbers, I’d like to see them encourage gamesiders to become citizens and join a ministry. They will also promote the activities of my administration to generate more excitement about the executive. Additionally, I would like to bring the Gameside Advocates closer to the gameside community by hosting events and games, with one example being the TNP Vision song contest. While gameside advocates have consistently addressed moderation issues and have recently worked hard to advertise various activities and recent updates, I’d like for them to expand their focus and do what they were originally meant to do - connect with the gameside community.

The Ministries

World Assembly Affairs

WA Affairs has been one of the most reliable and consistent ministries over the last term, and it is also very important to me. I have no issue with the way it is currently operated, and I will ensure we consistently meet our targets and goals and stay as frequent with our IFVs and threads as always. Our World Assembly ministry has produced some of the most talented authors NationStates has ever seen, but I believe we can always use some more. As your minister for the majority of the last four months, I oversaw the new staff guides which Magecastle continued to develop, and we worked out new ways to improve the experience for our incoming staff, such as giving our staff the option to request a mentor to learn more about the ministry, and a massive rehaul of the WA 101 guides which serve as a newcomer’s guide to the World Assembly, as they were outdated for a quite a bit. I would like to continue building on this effort, and I will also look for new ways to improve the mentor program I installed, which has plenty of room to grow. This will ensure we continue to have skilled staff to do the daily work while also helping to develop the authors of tomorrow. I will look to expand the promotion for them to the forums, as well as through other means such as Gameside Advocates and Home Affairs lists.

Additionally, our new Gameside engagement program has shown some signs of promise, but there’s not enough discussion happening over there. If we bring some of our forum voters over to gameside and open it to other authors, we could have some real debate which I believe would boost attention and participation. There have been concerns about how much weight gameside votes have compared to our forum votes. The Ministry of World Assembly Affairs is currently working on another update to our WA Voting policy, and in the proposed version, gameside votes will count half as much as forum votes, and only votes from WA Residents of TNP will be counted. WA staff will be encouraged to use our designated embassy region for discussion and voting in the future, which I hope will encourage gamesiders to join them and therefore, create more activity. I want to give this program a chance, and I think it can do wonders for our continued goal of connecting with the Gameside Engagement Program. I will also explore finally hosting another World Assembly symposium with our allies in WALL to spread awareness, increase engagement, and gauge interest in the World Assembly. This should also help us get some new arrivals in the ministry, and hopefully get more WA members so that our endorsements can remain solid and recover from the recent decline they have suffered.

One area where there is significant room for improvement is the usage of our vote in the World Assembly. In the past four months, our vote in The World Assembly has sometimes been inconsistent and not as reliable as it can or should be. We have not always stacked or stomped on the proposals that come to vote when we could have, and other regions have noticed. Since I have been Acting Delegate, I have worked to change that by making sure our vote was cast soon after the votes started. I have consistently voted within a few minutes or hours, and I constantly monitor the upcoming proposals along with the overall state of The World Assembly. This term, I will look to keep that going. I am available for most of the day, and I will make sure our 800+ votes are put to use. You can always expect me to vote early, and vote often.

Overall, I will look to attract more talented authors, improve the experience for our new staffers, and enhance gameside engagement.

Communications

So far, the Ministry of Communications has enjoyed a very successful revival over the past four months, and I will ensure it will continue to thrive. While we’ve released a few Northern Stars and Northern Notes, I believe we can be a bit more diverse with our publications. Some of our publications such as The Northern Star have been very successful and very well received. However, I don’t want us to rely on a single publication to get the job done. We’ve recently published the first edition of Northern Notes, and we’ll certainly be working on more of those, which will be released at about the same rate as the Northern Star, so we can have plenty of information to give our citizens.

The Northern Notes is an internal-focused publication, though. It’s time to start providing foreign affairs education for the overall population. Now, I don’t want too many publications - that way people start to lose track of them. I’ll look to publish an FA Digest, the first of its kind. This was something I had suggested during my first Acting Delegacy, but it never materialized. This is something I look to pursue now that I have the chance. It's something that can be published for ordinary TNPers so they know what major foreign events are and learn about recent major events that have come up. It will be included as part of a larger publication as its own segment, that way TNPers would get exposed to it. I will work with Foreign Affairs leadership to filter the info so that we publish the important but public information, and avoid publishing anything sensitive or restricted. This won’t exactly be a joint-ministry project - while I will get input from both ministries, and it will be worked on by communications, hence its place here.

Additionally, I would like to see more collaboration on articles. While it is fine to let a sole author develop the article, I would like to see more than a singular editor assisting with it. I believe all communications staffers should provide advice and work with the author on improving any of their work. It would especially help if someone picked up an article on something they are not very knowledgeable about, in which situation they would need additional assistance. After all, every article will have to go out to the public, and everyone in communications should take part in the process of editing, or writing it. The ministry has been great when it comes to producing content and has hosted multiple radio shows, recording six so far. However, only half of them have been released, and not all of the unreleased shows are being actively worked on. I will work with the ministry this term to release these unreleased shows, and I will ensure that future shows will be published quickly and efficiently in the future. We are also looking to upload some of our past broadcasts onto Spotify, starting from the revival last term. We decided it would be best to upload shows that discuss relevant, fresh topics that will have an audience.

Overall, I plan to diversify publications, introduce a new foreign affairs segment, encourage collaboration among staff members to improve article quality and improve the speed at which our radio shows will be released.

Home Affairs

In this day and age, the role of Home Affairs is different than anything we’ve seen in the past. Following the Frontier/Stronghold update, we have lost a significant amount of our spawns, and therefore we don’t have much of an influx of new nations coming in as we did before. It has always been important for HA to send telegrams and develop ways to keep individuals who spawned or moved to TNP aware of what is going on in the region, but now it is even more crucial, as we not only have to retain a smaller group of nations, but we now have the task of getting people to join TNP from other places in a way we never had to be concerned about before. It is very important that we focus heavily on recruitment. I will work with the Ministry of Home Affairs to create personalized recruitment telegrams that not only interest individuals in our region but connect with them as well.

Since it is so important to also retain the nations that start here or decide to give us a try, we have to have a better reason for why they should stay. More than ever we have to be able to give people reasons to stay especially when they can already see so many other options. HA staff will need new and better ways to excite and keep new TNPers interested in the region. We can do that by returning one of HA’s older initiatives - The Welcome Wagon. In a perfect world, we would see a successful return of it and make sure all of our new recruits feel right at home. However, I do understand the difficulties that come with this, primarily that we might not get enough of our staff to participate in revitalizing the program. That’s why I will continue with HA’s new incentive - a game to encourage staff to send telegrams from lists. But while that was originally intended to be used for lists, it can be integrated into the Welcome Wagon as well. Staff can earn points for successfully getting a new member of our Discord to join the executive staff, for example. Other than that, I don’t intend to change much in regards to Home Affairs. It is a very consistent machine, and I will keep it that way.

Overall, due to the Frontier/Stronghold update and the decrease in spawns, the role of Home Affairs' has evolved to focus on recruitment through personalized telegrams, and retaining new members through initiatives like the Welcome Wagon and incentive-based games while maintaining its overall consistency.

Defense

The North Pacific Army will play a very crucial role in our future. With war potentially looming, we need to get back to our very best as we prepare to challenge our enemies on the battlefield. Over the past few terms, we’ve experienced a lack of activity in the North Pacific Army. However, over the past month, it has experienced a rejuvenation, and I’d like to make sure it continues. While we have begun getting back on track and conducting operations more frequently, and with tensions with The Brotherhood of Malice and The Communist Bloc at an all-time high, we need all the practice and experience we can get. I’d like to see us participate in operations more often with our military allies, which in turn will help us continue to build positive relations with them and garner their support for the tough times that lay ahead. The more involved the NPA is in these ops with other regions, the more they will see what we value and what matters to us, what we can do and what we’re willing to do, and as a result, we can avoid the kind of misunderstanding and trust issues that plagued us at the start of this year. The more we are part of planning and participating in more significant ops with other major militaries, the more we can change the military landscape and advance our interests in R/D too. Being part of these operations and constantly having ops to offer our players will naturally grow our numbers as we will give soldiers a reason to participate. I believe the NPA can go very far, and it has the potential to become a powerhouse once again if we can make a difference in these areas. I plan to focus a lot on these goals this term.

However, we can’t do any of that without utilizing our current officers. To grow and expand our military power, we have to develop and improve the skills and ability of our soldiers. The simplest way to do that is in training operations, which often is a very good experience for new NPAers to go out into the battlefield for the first time. They should of course be taught the basics of R/D, and have the opportunity to try both tagging and detagging. It is very important that our soldiers learn both raiding and defending techniques to give us the ability to be more flexible with the kind of operations we choose to run. Having an army that can do both types of ops is one that can compete with any military in the world. This also helps us recruit new soldiers as there can be something for everyone who wants to join the NPA.

To be fully prepared for war, we need to have as many soldiers and possible updates as possible. There’s one way we can increase our numbers: Recruitment. We also have to step up our recruitment which we can do by increasing our visibility through posts on the regional message board, frequent reports on our operations both on our forum and on NS, and by being part of more major operations so that we always have some presence, not just on the largest ops that include everybody. When the NPA conducted an operation to seize the very first frontier, which today is known as The Wellspring, there was a certain magic in how it brought so many of us together. I want to recreate that wherever possible. Whenever we have an opportunity for a liberation, similar to what we recently pulled off with South Pacific, we need to promote the NPA as much as we can, with the goal being to maximize the participation of TNPers.

The North Pacific Army will not be quiet this term. Too many people have doubted what we can do and that we can still put up a fight. We will prove them wrong. BoM and TCB will face consequences for what they have done, and whenever possible we will participate in operations that take the fight to them, along with our allies and friends in the defenders. I believe that many in TNP who don’t participate in the NPA now will start to join us in updates and do their part in these changing times, especially if the region officially recognizes a state of war. I believe this will give them the reason they may have been missing to get involved and bolster our ranks, and will rally more players to our cause.

Overall, I will continue to revitalize the North Pacific Army through increased cooperation with our military allies, improved training for soldiers, and intensified recruitment efforts to grow our military.

Culture

Culture has had its ups and downs during our last term. We’ve gone through two ministers, and are on our third. However, the ministry has shown signs of encouragement more recently. I will focus on planning for the future and later in this term instead of looking to make immediate fireworks. I will work with the Ministry of Culture to plan and organize events with our allies that fit the theme of their region, like we did previously with the winter TSP event, something that celebrates the culture of our regions and lets us be ourselves, instead of something specific like one of the symposium events we’ve previously hosted. This also ties in with my goal of bringing us closer to them and strengthening our relationships. Hopefully, we can also all have some fun, just like we did with the recently-hosted Olympics event. I believe the best way for this to work is not to plan for a large festival ahead of time, but to brainstorm with our culture ministries and find smaller, more convenient moments to hang out. If they are smaller and more casual they can also happen more often and probably mean more to the members of our communities. Culture has had so much pressure to make these large festivals work they can stop being fun which is supposed to be the point.

I won’t only be looking to get external events done, though. I will also be looking to bring the people of TNP closer together. We will host regional events that take advantage of some of our most common interests, such as Chess. Additionally, I will look to make sure our regularly scheduled events such as Theme Thursday or Music Monday are able to run without skipping a beat, once we get the Music Monday bot up and running. We often missed or neglected these sorts of events over the past few months, and I’ll make sure we will be consistent when we run them. But it’s also important that when our community finds new passions and wants to explore new activities, we make a place for it in our schedule because simply repeating the same things that worked before won’t be enough to keep everyone entertained. The old schedule of events will always have a place, but more variety will keep things fresh and help the old reliable activities continue to be fun and a welcome part of the cultural experience.

I also hope that Culture can showcase these things our players are passionate about, and perhaps have festivals just to show the rest of NS or publications that do the same. Culture has done this with RP in the past but we can expand to whatever creative things TNPers are working on. This shows NationStates what TNP’s culture has that makes it special and it also invites others who share those interests to join in. This also can give people a reason to be more involved in TNP whether they’re a resident or a new recruit.

Overall, I am focused on planning for the future, looking to strengthen relationships with allies through themed events while also fostering unity among the people of TNP by organizing regional and staff game day events and ensuring consistent execution of our regular events.

Foreign Affairs

In regards to Foreign Affairs, this past term has been quite hectic and will continue to be. There’s a lot of work to be done in improving our image after many public setbacks and dealing with the new developments that caused tensions between our enemies to significantly rise in the last few days. Under this administration, The North Pacific will be confident, but not reckless. We won’t back down, but we will be reasonable. We will make sure the best interests of The North Pacific and our allies are met, but we won’t bow down to the demands of foreign powers, and I will ensure I will not allow anyone to get away with disrespecting or humiliating The North Pacific without consequences. We will not be intimidated or scared of our enemies. We will be ready to take them on. The days of a weak, spineless TNP are over.

In this day and age, we need to stand up more than ever to the bullies and rogues who plague this game. Whether or not the Regional Assembly decides the best way to do that is to formally recognize a state of war, we will not sit and wait for more attacks. We will fight back, not only on the battlefield but in the diplomatic arena too. I will continue our sanctions and call on our allies to join us in confronting the Brotherhood of Malice and its friends in every corner of this game. We will continue to be the face of resistance against their treacherous and malicious behavior. Not only will we rise to the occasion, our partners will as well. Every friend and ally we met along the way, treaty or not, will be welcome to fight alongside us. Defenders especially will play an important part in the days ahead, and I welcome their assistance in handling the crisis. The freeze in our working together is over, we are brothers in arms, and that includes The South Pacific.

When we repealed the Aurora Alliance, the long-term goal set by my predecessor was that we would rebuild our relationship with The South Pacific. That remains our goal, but it will depend on TSP taking the opportunity for reconciliation seriously, and we will see if that is the case attitudes between our regions improve, we feel heard and respected, and most importantly, we are treated as friends and not with suspicion, I am willing to defrost things between our regions. If not, then that’s a sign we need to wait a little longer. I do hope that our mutual commitment to confronting the forces of Malice and The Communist Bloc will be a good opportunity to strengthen our old bond and be a starting point for more collaborations in the future.

We will not only look to rebuild and expand old relationships but build new ones as well. I have recently presented treaties with Carcassonne and The Wellspring to the Regional Assembly after many weeks of talks. These will hopefully be the first of many new opportunities to work with other regions in a deeper way. I look forward to ratifying these treaties, hopefully early in the term if not earlier, and starting a new chapter between ourselves and our allies. These allies will allow us to have partners on the ground in the developing world of frontiers, and help shape the direction they take, which we hope will be one that looks after the communities trying hard to build something new in uncertain times and encourages their freedom to shape their own destiny rather than simply be a playground for raiders.

On the internal front, I will continue the effort of providing our citizens with Foreign Affairs education using a foreign affairs section in The Northern Star as I mentioned earlier. Additionally, I want to make use of our large FA staff by engaging them with more than just frequent ambassador reports, by having frequent discussions about the state of Foreign Affairs in NS, and more frequently distributing our publications and statements to our allies, which help our staff grow more familiar and help dip their feet into the waters of Foreign Affairs, which may appear intimidating at first.

Overall, I will pursue a resolute and balanced foreign policy by addressing public image issues, confronting our adversaries diplomatically and militarily, rebuilding relations with The South Pacific, forming new alliances, and actively engaging citizens and Foreign Affairs staff to enhance the region's global influence and standing.

Conclusion

For most of this year, TNP has been led as if we’ve been afraid to get hurt again, embarrassed, or make people upset. We can be brave again. We can say what’s on our minds and be true to what’s in our hearts. The North Pacific is independent, it believes in democracy and communities deciding things for themselves, and it protects these things for other regions and works best with other regions that do too. And we stand up and speak for those things because we believe in them. We are also creative and imaginative problem solvers, we can reinvent our technology and we can show other players how to do anything from master card trading to getting better at speed chess, and we don’t have to keep that to ourselves. We are at our best when we aren’t shy, about our beliefs or about spreading our passions to others. That’s the fire that burns in every TNPer, and the torch I will carry to the regions outside TNP. I will be a Delegate who embraces that tradition and isn’t afraid to be an example of it to everyone in this game. TNP will light the way for other regions to do the same, just like it did before.

I sincerely thank you all for taking the time to read my campaign. I'm hopeful that I've garnered your trust and secured your support, and it would be an honor to secure your vote. Together, we can build a North Pacific that will be resilient, tough, and flexible. I once again express my sincere gratitude for your thoughtful consideration, and I am genuinely enthusiastic about the opportunity to serve you all.

If you have any questions, contact me via Discord NationStates telegram, forum PM, or you could simply reply to this thread. My username is Chipoli, virtually everywhere.

For those wishing to support my campaign, we have now created my own logo! If you want to support my campaign, feel free to add it to your signature!

Chipoli_for_Delegate__1_-removebg-preview.png

[IMG]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1004131421373341777/1148356305933840455/Chipoli_for_Delegate__1_-removebg-preview.png[/IMG]

Last edited:
Well written Chipoli.
I was impressed by what you were able to achieve last term, and I will not be surprised if you can do it again.
You have my support.

I believe my hands-on leadership style and energy within the cabinet will get the most out of my ministers, in stark contrast to the lack of communication and harmony in the cabinet last term. I want to create a good working environment with plenty of communication and support from the delegate so the executive can produce as much as possible, but also so that the region can know what its government is doing and be able to rely on them from the staff to the Delegate’s office itself.
In what way have you communicated with Ministry leadership without getting explicitly pinged?
I haven't seen you in the HA and Culture leadership channels and I haven't seen you in the Comms HQ without getting pinged by myself. You say you have a hands-on approach yet I haven't seen you have that at all.

Good afternoon Chipoli,

Your campaign is really interesting, and the work you have done as Acting Delegate is certainly admirable. I just want to delve a little deeper into your campaign, by seeking some further explanation on some of your points.

The rest of the region will always know the great things we’re doing.

Firstly, on this comment, from your first section of executive management. Keeping the region up to date on the work that your Administration is doing is obviously vitally important from a transparency and accountability front. This is something that has been attempted a few times before (regular updates), utilising things like a Press Office, which functioned either independently, or under the remit of the Home Office. I imagine you have you own vision on how this communication would work, so could you expand on how you imagine this communication to be structured? Is it something that you will be leading on, do you foresee it to be a weekly, monthly update etc?

I will work with the Ministry of Home Affairs to create personalized recruitment telegrams that not only interest individuals in our region but connect with them as well.

I think this is definitely a good idea, personalised recruitment tgs are going to be more effective if they are individualised because it feels like you are actually talking to them. But there is obviously a large block of nations ingame that are already here, but not on the forum, despite previous efforts to entice them here. So what would your Home Office look to do to combat the myths that these people may have, or address the concerns that they may have about our offsite community, in order to tap into this large group of potential citizens? A lot of the myths/concerns are likely going to be common among blocks of individuals, rather than hundreds of unique issues.

We also have to step up our recruitment which we can do by increasing our visibility through posts on the regional message board,

This was a comment from the Defence Office Section that I thought was interesting. Could you expand a little more on what this visibility would look like? Particularly, is it just going to be op reports and general join us sort of stuff, or would this visibility look more like explaining what R/D is, and showing people how fun it can be? Also, would this visibility be led by the NPA, their leadership or even their soldiers, or could some of this recruitment also be conducted within the remit of the Home Office, through their recruitment work?

Also, on Defence, you lean heavily on recruitment to the NPA, which is likely going to be led by the military leadership. In order to recruit extensively and effectively, it is going to require NPA leadership to put a good amount of time into it. Do you think that this focus on recruitment could have an impact on other areas of the NPA, like recruitment, and if so, how would you look to combat this and balance the two focuses?

only votes from WA Residents of TNP will be counted.

This comment from your WA Affairs section is, in my opinion, a sensible move to encourage those that want to influence our WA policy directions to have some skin in the game and have their WA in our region, and is something we used to do iirc (I very well could be wrong though). But I do just want to check one thing. The NPA is hopefully going to have a very productive term, and so, there is a good chance that their members will spend large periods with their WA tied up in operational matters. So, can you just confirm that the votes of NPA members on operations would still be counted, even though they won't be WA residents at the time?

What exactly have you achieved while a Minister that would suggest you would be a decent Delegate?

Your platform mentioned the rewriting of the WA 101 guides, but as I pointed out elsewhere, those are a WALL resource, not a TNP one, and some of us in WALL were surprised when we woke up one day to find them completely re-written with no input, or even approval, from the other WALL members - something which suggests a lack of communication, collaboration, and cohesion with the WALL allies.

After the Gorundu issues, I'm hesitant to support voting for someone who happens to be acting Delegate because they were Vice Delegate for a while, but hadn't actually achieved anything of note, as far as I can tell, in their Ministerial career.

Since it is so important to also retain the nations that start here or decide to give us a try, we have to have a better reason for why they should stay. More than ever we have to be able to give people reasons to stay especially when they can already see so many other options. HA staff will need new and better ways to excite and keep new TNPers interested in the region. We can do that by returning one of HA’s older initiatives - The Welcome Wagon. In a perfect world, we would see a successful return of it and make sure all of our new recruits feel right at home. However, I do understand the difficulties that come with this, primarily that we might not get enough of our staff to participate in revitalizing the program. That’s why I will continue with HA’s new incentive - a game to encourage staff to send telegrams from lists. But while that was originally intended to be used for lists, it can be integrated into the Welcome Wagon as well. Staff can earn points for successfully getting a new member of our Discord to join the executive staff, for example. Other than that, I don’t intend to change much in regards to Home Affairs. It is a very consistent machine, and I will keep it that way.
When you refer to personalized recruitment, do you mean recruitment telegrams to other nations outside of TNP encouraging them to move to the region, or telegrams to nations inside of TNP encouraging them to integrate themselves into our community (i.e. lists)?

Last edited:
Am asking the same questions for anyone running for delegate (might think of more questions later):

1. Are you personally in favour of war?

2. If you face a recall as delegate, would you vote in your own recall?

Two questions very specific to WA:

3. I am skipping this question for you because you answered my question on WA vote timing in your platform, Kas didn't.

4. Can you commit to giving an actual explanation if you miss an entire vote (ie not vote at all in the four day voting period) - Gorundu missed a GA one and never actually gave an explanation, although that resolution passed anyway. (He went against the forum vote on an SC but gave an explanation which is fine, I don't question the delegate's power to vote against the forum).

Last edited:
Thank you all for taking the time to inquire about and read my platform. I see some very interesting questions, and I look forward to answering them.

In what way have you communicated with Ministry leadership without getting explicitly pinged?
I haven't seen you in the HA and Culture leadership channels and I haven't seen you in the Comms HQ without getting pinged by myself. You say you have a hands-on approach yet I haven't seen you have that at all.
That is a valid concern, Ruben. I'm aware that I do not spend an equal time concentrating on each ministry, especially with the current drama with TCB and BoM. However, I recognize that that cannot be used as an excuse. Earlier today, I had a conversation with Home Affairs leadership about recruitment and gameside engagement, which you were part of, funnily enough. I've also been involved a fair bit in the other ministry channels, although I agree with you that I need to communicate a bit more with the leadership of HA and Culture. I'd say that most of my discussion happens in the designated cabinet channels, where I frequently communicate with my ministers and the rest of the cabinet about progressing our agenda and our upcoming plans. FA has been a central part of my acting delegacy period, and most of my work there occurred behind closed doors, which the average citizen or even minister will not be able to see. I can understand why you may come to the conclusion that I am not following my hands-on policy from your point of view, and that is partly my fault. I get that. I agree that I could be doing more, being more present, and checking in. However, I can assure you that I frequently interact with the ministries and make sure that they are following their quota and doing what they need to do. I care about every one of our ministries, as it is my job to ensure they execute the functions of the government, and I will communicate with them to make sure that they get that done.

Firstly, on this comment, from your first section of executive management. Keeping the region up to date on the work that your Administration is doing is obviously vitally important from a transparency and accountability front. This is something that has been attempted a few times before (regular updates), utilising things like a Press Office, which functioned either independently, or under the remit of the Home Office. I imagine you have you own vision on how this communication would work, so could you expand on how you imagine this communication to be structured? Is it something that you will be leading on, do you foresee it to be a weekly, monthly update etc?
That's a great question, Owen. Under my administration, I will look to publish a "State of the Region" report fairly frequently. This announcement will go into detail about the work my administration has been doing, our plans for the future, along with strengths and weaknesses. Essentially, it will function similarly to a Vice Delegate's report. This report is intended to give our citizens an update on their government, answer any questions they have, and alleviate any of their concerns. This will be formatted in an announcement-style format. It will originally posted on the forums, and then will be posted onto gameside in the form of a dispatch, where afterwards a regional alert will be sent out to all our residents. Ideally, we'd get this done once a week, but our region often changes very quickly. Some weeks will be busier than others, and I may not have the same amount of content week in and week out, so I won't commit to a timeframe just yet. I am currently working on one of these reports with my current cabinet, which I will look to release near the end of the term, or the beginning of the next one.
I think this is definitely a good idea, personalised recruitment tgs are going to be more effective if they are individualised because it feels like you are actually talking to them. But there is obviously a large block of nations ingame that are already here, but not on the forum, despite previous efforts to entice them here. So what would your Home Office look to do to combat the myths that these people may have, or address the concerns that they may have about our offsite community, in order to tap into this large group of potential citizens? A lot of the myths/concerns are likely going to be common among blocks of individuals, rather than hundreds of unique issues.
The biggest problem when you're brand-new to the game is trying to figure out what the hell is actually going on. A lot of new players draw their attention to the Regional Message Board because it is active and gives players a chance to interact with each other. However, if you only chat in the RMB, you are isolated from the off-site community, and off-site is the area where you really start to explore this game and make the most of it. After a while of simply roleplaying and chatting on the RMB, you start to get bored and are eager for something new. Those people are the most open-minded and are the people most likely to start searching the game for something fresh, and therefore are likely to try their hand at joining the offsite community - I know this from experience. The majority of game-siders hear about our offsite from other game-siders who have begun to make their way to the forums. Therefore, if we want our gamesiders to learn about the benefits of citizenship, it will have to come from other gamesiders. We have a well-written message to be used, and we need someone to deliver it - a messenger. We need to begin to reach out to players who have been involved in NationStates for a fair bit, started out as RMBers, integrated into our greater community, and have an overall positive experience with it. Those people relate to the gamesiders the most, and can really connect and persuade them to join the executive staff, for example.

"We also have to step up our recruitment which we can do by increasing our visibility through posts on the regional message board,"

This was a comment from the Defence Office Section that I thought was interesting. Could you expand a little more on what this visibility would look like? Particularly, is it just going to be op reports and general join us sort of stuff, or would this visibility look more like explaining what R/D is, and showing people how fun it can be? Also, would this visibility be led by the NPA, their leadership or even their soldiers, or could some of this recruitment also be conducted within the remit of the Home Office, through their recruitment work?

Also, on Defence, you lean heavily on recruitment to the NPA, which is likely going to be led by the military leadership. In order to recruit extensively and effectively, it is going to require NPA leadership to put a good amount of time into it. Do you think that this focus on recruitment could have an impact on other areas of the NPA, like recruitment, and if so, how would you look to combat this and balance the two focuses?
I think our posts on the RMB will largely consist of op reports, so our gamesiders can have an opportunity to take a look at what the NPA is doing. Our posts will also include blurbs about what R/D is in general, with an explanation of the basic terms and mechanics of it. We'd post ads giving them a little taste of R/D and an idea of what it is like, then prompt them with a question along the lines of "Want more information, Join the NPA!". At this point, ideally, the gamesiders' attention will have been grabbed and they should have a higher sense of curiosity. This curiosity should hopefully bring in many new recruitments who want to find out what the NPA is really like. I also believe every NPAer needs to contribute to the recruitment, all the way from high command to the individual soldiers themselves.

I think recruitment will have an impact on other areas of the NPA, such as operation reports and announcements. Usually, when the NPA calls out for new soldiers before a major operation, their scope is limited to only the off-site community. I believe we should widen the net a little bit and expand this opportunity to our gamesiders. The prospect of participating in a major operation with our military allies would be enticing for our gamesiders, but our reports can be enticing as well. I want each report to be creative, engaging, and entertaining. Comfed has done a great job with this aspect so far this term, and now he has to factor in that these reports will be shown to the gameside community, where the RMBers are used to a more casual, relaxed feeling. However, I believe you made an error when asking your second question. Can you clarify what you mean by it, that way I can answer your question to the fullest extent.
This comment from your WA Affairs section is, in my opinion, a sensible move to encourage those that want to influence our WA policy directions to have some skin in the game and have their WA in our region, and is something we used to do iirc (I very well could be wrong though). But I do just want to check one thing. The NPA is hopefully going to have a very productive term, and so, there is a good chance that their members will spend large periods with their WA tied up in operational matters. So, can you just confirm that the votes of NPA members on operations would still be counted, even though they won't be WA residents at the time?
All members of the NPA have their votes counted now, and it will stay that way.

Unfortunately, that's all I have time for today. I promise that I will answer the next batch of questions as soon as possible.

I would like to ask what I imagine Simone was going to ask in Question 3 -- when/how often will you be available to vote on WA proposals as soon as they come up?

My question 3 to Kas was: Are you able to vote reasonably on time in WA, given whatever timezone constraints you might have? I know that this is a game and we all have RL commitments, but there is a difference between playing Call of Duty on your own versus volunteering to run a 900-person delegacy in an MMORPG like NS. The situation with the GA voting at the rather inconvenient time of midnight US East Coast won't change during whoever is the next delegate given the queue. Of course that might become more important anyway if we are at war.

A detailed answer would still be appreciated since I asked the same question to Kas, even though you and I have been colleagues in MoWAA for a long time.

In the interest of fairness I think I will ask both candidates even if they already the points indirectly in their platform.

Last edited:
As promised, I will now answer the next batch of questions.

What exactly have you achieved while a Minister that would suggest you would be a decent Delegate?

Your platform mentioned the rewriting of the WA 101 guides, but as I pointed out elsewhere, those are a WALL resource, not a TNP one, and some of us in WALL were surprised when we woke up one day to find them completely re-written with no input, or even approval, from the other WALL members - something which suggests a lack of communication, collaboration, and cohesion with the WALL allies.

After the Gorundu issues, I'm hesitant to support voting for someone who happens to be acting Delegate because they were Vice Delegate for a while, but hadn't actually achieved anything of note, as far as I can tell, in their Ministerial career.
For starters, I established a new gameside voting system that enables TNP's gamesiders to get involved in voting on the World Assembly's upcoming proposals, known as the Gameside Engagement Program. Additionally, WA Affairs was one of the best-performing ministries this past term. IFVs were consistently sent out on time, and voting threads were properly maintained - both of which we have faced issues with in the past. Additionally, we have written a few WA resolutions on some of our region's most important figures, such as MadJack, Erastide, and Hulldom under my guidance. Additionally, I have come up with a new voting policy that will be implemented soon, most likely next term.

You bring up a good point about WALL not being consulted. One of my goals as minister was to improve our guides so we could guide our incoming staffers in order to help them as players in The World Assembly. They had been in the works a long time and finished up, and we often agree to take point on things in WALL and feel responsible since we host it on our forum. For the record, I never meant to leave anyone else out over there and simply wanted to finally finish a project that was incomplete for a while. I recognize that communication in WALL is important and should have been done there no matter how old the project was thought to be or how straightforward it was. In the future, I will ensure that communication will be more frequent and informative.
When you refer to personalized recruitment, do you mean recruitment telegrams to other nations outside of TNP encouraging them to move to the region, or telegrams to nations inside of TNP encouraging them to integrate themselves into our community (i.e. lists)?
Obviously, we can easily do both, and we should use both methods. However, what I have in mind is that once we first persuade nations outside of TNP to come through our doors via recruitment telegrams, we then start integrating them into the community via lists, and if applicable, posts on our Regional Message Board. For the record, I think both our lists and recruitment telegrams should be personalized. If we personalize one or the other, it wouldn't make a lot of sense.

1. Are you personally in favour of war?
That's a tough one to answer. I personally believe we are at a high risk of attack from our adversaries in The Brotherhood of Malice and The Communist Bloc, simply because, as I mentioned earlier, tensions are at all-time high, given their reason invasion of us and our response to them. I personally believe that the best choice in this situation would to be to go to war with BoM and TCB. I really like how the NPA is shaping up recently, and if they develop a little more, they can compete with any military in the world. I see War as a sort of an oppurtunity - an oppurtunity to heavily grow the NPA's size and influence, and oppurtunity to show everyone that The North Pacific is strong and not a shell of its former self, and an oppurtunity to get back at our enemies for what they've done to us and our allies for the 18 months.

However, we shouldn't rush to get right into the action. The currently ongoing debate on the issue hasn't settled, and I wanted both sides of the argument to have more time to make their cases. As it's election season, I am not sure that it is right to commit all candidates to one way or the other, if I happen to lose; Additionally, if we were to have a vote right this moment, it would be heavily influenced by the election, and I believe that's unfair. We need to find the right time for the motion, a time where there won't be as many distractions.
2. If you face a recall as delegate, would you vote in your own recall?
No, I wouldn't. I like to think that there is an unwritten rule against voting in your recall, although of course it has been broken. I think it should be up to the region as a whole if I stay in the office, not myself. Doing so otherwise would quite honestly be selfish and self-centred.

4. Can you commit to giving an actual explanation if you miss an entire vote (ie not vote at all in the four day voting period) - Gorundu missed a GA one and never actually gave an explanation, although that resolution passed anyway. (He went against the forum vote on an SC but gave an explanation which is fine, I don't question the delegate's power to vote against the forum).
Of course. I think it would be best if I explain myself in a situation like that one.
I would like to ask what I imagine Simone was going to ask in Question 3 -- when/how often will you be available to vote on WA proposals as soon as they come up?
As you all know, the majority of proposals come to vote at midnight my time, which is a little unforunate since I prefer to log off and get some rest around 30 minutes before that time. However, I am very much capable of voting on any proposal as soon as they come up, and I can manage without an extra 30 minutes of sleep.

Do you already have a cabinet in mind?
Yes, I do have a cabinet in mind. After working with the current one, I can say that I like the look of it, although one or two spots may have a better individual for the role. I want my cabinet to be made up of hard-working, ambitious individuals that communicate frequently with myself and each other. I am in the process of reaching out to those I deem to fit the style I'm looking for and those whose presence in the cabinet will bring the most benefit to the cabient. I am also considering additional options in the event I don't get my first choice, so every position and ministry will be accounted for.

As promised, I will now answer the next batch of questions.

Additionally, we have written a few WA resolutions on some of our region's most important figures, such as MadJack, Erastide, and Hulldom under my guidance.
Can you elaborate what you mean by "under my guidance" because I would appreciate if Ghost can enlighten us further on whether Madjack's commend involved you, and for West and Hulldom to enlighten us further whether you were involved. I am very specifically aware that Hulldom's commend involved authors he handpicked himself due to HoV.

Last edited:
Can you elaborate what you mean by "under my guidance" because I would appreciate if Ghost can enlighten us further on whether Madjack's commend involved you, and for West and Hulldom to enlighten us further whether you were involved. I am very specifically aware that Hulldom's commend involved authors he handpicked himself due to HoV.
I think you misunderstood what I meant by that. I was not referring to myself as the individual who wrote those proposals, though I did contribute a bit to Commend Hulldom, hence my name being on that resolution. I mostly managed the behind-the-scenes and helped ensure that the proposals got the support from TNP that they did.

For those wishing to support my campaign, I have now created my own logo! If you want to support my campaign, feel free to add it to your signature!

Chipoli_for_Delegate__1_-removebg-preview.png

[IMG]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1004131421373341777/1148356305933840455/Chipoli_for_Delegate__1_-removebg-preview.png[/IMG]

Last edited:
My biggest question to you is this: Having served in this position for just under a month, how would you evaluate your progress thus far and can you give a rundown on each ministry's progress? What achievements from the government would you highlight? Are there any areas you've struggled in so far?

In addition, I have a few questions about your platform:
Additionally, our new Gameside engagement program has shown some signs of promise, but there’s not enough discussion happening over there. If we bring some of our forum voters over to gameside and open it to other authors, we could have some real debate which I believe would boost attention and participation.
Do you believe moving forum voters to the gameside is the best idea for this program? Is there no better way to try improve the program?
While we’ve released a few Northern Stars and Northern Notes, I believe we can be a bit more diverse with our publications. Some of our publications such as The Northern Star have been very successful and very well received. However, I don’t want us to rely on a single publication to get the job done.
Can you give a rundown of what written publications you envision the ministry to be publishing during your term and what their areas of focus will be? I'm seeing The Northern Notes, The North Star, and the FA Digest, although it's not clear if that's supposed to be a separate publication or not.
I’ll look to publish an FA Digest, the first of its kind. This was something I had suggested during my first Acting Delegacy, but it never materialized. This is something I look to pursue now that I have the chance.
As I'm sure you are aware, a publication of similar nature was on my mind during my term as well, and it similarly never materialized. Where do you think the difficulties lie in making this publication happen and how would you mitigate them?
Other than that, I don’t intend to change much in regards to Home Affairs. It is a very consistent machine, and I will keep it that way.
There's been some discussion about HA's struggles with getting enough staffers to perform its routine, basic activities such as sending out list telegrams. Do you believe any additional measures are needed to alleviate this issue?
There’s one way we can increase our numbers: Recruitment.
Comfed has put in substantial effort into recruitment for the NPA and tried out a variety of ideas since becoming Minister of Defence. You've had access to the NPA's internal channels as Vice Delegate and Acting Delegate, so are there any lessons you can take away from what you've observed regarding recruitment?
Additionally, I want to make use of our large FA staff by engaging them with more than just frequent ambassador reports, by having frequent discussions about the state of Foreign Affairs in NS, and more frequently distributing our publications and statements to our allies, which help our staff grow more familiar and help dip their feet into the waters of Foreign Affairs, which may appear intimidating at first.
Your opponent has quite substantial plans for improving the internal operations of the foreign ministry compared to your points here. What are your thoughts on those plans?

I appreciate your candid but very realistic assessment of the foreign affairs challenges facing us, as well as your work thus far after being thrown into the ring. I plan to cast my vote for you when the time comes.

Over the past two terms, it's become clear that certain allies (and now former allies) of TNP, don't respect TNP enough to not engage in petty gangsterism, threatening or extorting the region with consequences for not doing what they want. Do you have the spine to stand up to these attempts, and were it to happen during your term, what would you do?

It's always wonderful to have more questions to answer, and I have some good ones this time around.
My biggest question to you is this: Having served in this position for just under a month, how would you evaluate your progress thus far and can you give a rundown on each ministry's progress? What achievements from the government would you highlight? Are there any areas you've struggled in so far?
I'd say the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs has been pretty consistent for the most part. We continue to regularly send out our IFVs on time, and as I mentioned, a new WA Voting Policy is in the works, one that will completely change how we think about voting. Its changes include a section on voting instructions during delegacy transitions and additional procedures when creating voting threads. One thing I'm not very pleased about is that there haven't been any Gameside Votes opened for about a month, going back to right before my Acting Delegacy. I will look to ensure this situation doesn't happen again and that our Gameside Engagement Program will be regularly updated and reliable.

I will admit that Communications have slowed down a bit since Kaschovia's departure. We continue to produce radio shows pretty consistently, thanks to the help of our usual host, Robespierre. However, we have experienced delays with uploading and posting content. We didn't get as much done in our publications as we could have liked as we experienced delays with writing articles and the design of the issue itself. Additionally, the CR program has gotten outdated. I believe that once Comms changed Ministers, it wasn't as active as before and nobody felt compelled to do anything. However, I am confident that Comms will get back on track with a fresh start next term.

As for Home Affairs, we have mostly focused on recruitment and freshening things up gameside, which I will expand on later. We are currently working on new ways to bring players to TNP. Afterward, we will find ways to encourage them to join the off-site community. The Gameside Advocates have been using advertisements, such as promoting the ongoing election and encouraging gamesiders to apply for citizenship, in order to boost our numbers in our staff and off-site community. Additionally, I have worked with the Ministry to give our World Factbook Entry an overhaul. The WFE is the first thing players see when they begin exploring opportunities to get involved, and an engaging WFE will only encourage that.

The North Pacific has been great during my Acting Delegacy. Our number of updaters has increased significantly in the operations we partake in. In the past, you could only expect around 2-3 NPA Soldiers to show up, but now that number is around 10. Of course, the NPA is capable of even more, and we will look to expand our numbers in the future. Additionally, we have participated in many more operations with our military allies. One example is our invasion of Warzone Trinidad, an operation in which we collaborated with Europeia and The League's military forces. I have also been looking to exempt all regions associated with or that are the property of BoM and TCB from our Class B restrictions.

So far, Culture has been doing a lot of planning, and it will continue to do so. As you all know, The North Pacific recently celebrated the tenth anniversary of its treaty with Europeia. We haven't done much besides a releasing statement so far, but Culture is exploring other ways we can celebrate this special occasion together, such as a possible themed event. We are also planning for our upcoming Delegate's Day. We want to bring back an older tradition that will pit each delegate against one another in a fierce battle. That's not all we will have planned for our Delegate's Day, but as of now, our festivities are in the early development phase.

Lastly, we're onto the big one - Foreign Affairs. I'd say this area has been one of my strengths so far, and I believe this is where I did my best work. I have successfully agreed to treaties with two of the most prominent frontiers in NationStates, which are Carcassonne and of course, our friends in The Wellspring. Both treaties have been presented to the Regional Assembly and are approaching vote. However, there has been one major external issue that we've faced during this period. The Communist Bloc, along with The Brotherhood of Malice, delegate tipped our region around a week ago. As you all know, this attack and invasion of us was uncalled for. I have worked with our allies, especially in the defender sphere to coordinate a response to the attack. Our allies have also responded with their statements as well. I believe we should take action against the regions that violated our sovereignty, but it is up to us as a region to answer the war question in the upcoming days.

Overall, under my acting delegacy, our strengths have been Foreign Affairs and Defense, while Communications has room for improvement. I would say my biggest accomplishments are the two treaties that have been presented to the Regional Assembly between The Wellspring and Carcassonne. Those talks, particularly the one with The Wellspring, have been going on for months, and now we are at our final step, the ratification of the treaties. I'd say our response to The delegate tip from TCB and BoM was successful, as I was back in the Delegate's seat merely an update later. Additionally, our statement was received well by the international community, and I believe it was highly critical that we appeared strong and fearless in light of a blatant violation of our sovereignty and attack on us.

Do you believe moving forum voters to the gameside is the best idea for this program? Is there no better way to try improve the program?
To answer your first point, I believe there are multiple ways to improve the program, and I wouldn't exactly say there is a best way to do so. Here is why I think this particular method will work - voters who prefer to vote on our forum are usually much more experienced and have a better idea of what The World Assembly is and how it works. For example, most of the MoWAA leadership prefers to voice their opinions on the designated forum thread. If those individuals with more experience and knowledge start expressing their opinions on the RMB, game-siders will eventually begin to feel comfortable enough to start discussing their thoughts on the proposal, though that may take time. If we get some sort of discussion going on in the voting region, it will bring something new and fresh to the program. Additionally, when gamesiders go to that region to vote and observe those discussions, they will have a better idea of both perspectives and different arguments for the proposal, helping them gain a further understanding of the upcoming proposal.

Of course, there are alternative methods to improve engagement, such as advertisements on the RMB. However, I have mentioned advertising a fair bit in my campaign, and I think we need to be a bit more creative here. I've noticed that a criticism of the program is that WA Authors from other regions do not have access to join the discussion in the gameside voting region. One idea is that we could invite the proposal authors, especially ones from WALL and HoV to create their own TNP Nation and participate in the discussion. Overall, we will be looking to improve our discussions in the TNP Gameside Voting Region.
Can you give a rundown of what written publications you envision the ministry to be publishing during your term and what their areas of focus will be? I'm seeing The Northern Notes, The North Star, and the FA Digest, although it's not clear if that's supposed to be a separate publication or not.
Sure, I can do that.

The Northern Star (TNS) is a monthly news publication from the Ministry of Communications that essentially recaps the events that occurred in The North Pacific over the past month. It also features interviews with prominent figures from our region to help our residents get a better idea of who is leading them. It is an external publication and is distributed to our embassy regions. On the other hand, The Northern Notes is an internal publication. It does not operate on a regular schedule and is more condensed compared to TNS. It also serves as a news application. We also have The Northern Lights (TNL). TNL is often considered the holy grail of The Communications Ministry. It is usually themed around a certain topic and is usually an informative publication. Finally, we have the newly proposed FA Digest. It will also, once again be a news publication. It’s something that can be published for ordinary TNPers so they know what major foreign events are and learn about recent major events that have come up. It will cover major R/D events (invasions, liberations, joint ops, etc.), major cultural events (festivals, competitions, etc.), major diplomatic developments (when regions form treaties or have diplomatic talks), key WA votes, and updates from the WA. It will be filtered to ensure the most sensitive information won't go out to the public.
As I'm sure you are aware, a publication of similar nature was on my mind during my term as well, and it similarly never materialized. Where do you think the difficulties lie in making this publication happen and how would you mitigate them?
I believe our main problem would be the amount of content we'd work with and getting information to produce content. As well all know, some weeks are busier than others in FA, and sometimes there might not be much going on. For this reason, I don't believe that operating on a regular schedule is the way to go. I believe that we should monitor the developments in the FA sphere and use that to determine the dates for our publication. If an event, such as a war between TEP and TSP (there is no such war going on at the moment, this is purely hypothetical), it would likely be included in an FA Digest, with all the developments and information our citizens need to know. Additionally, our writers may not be up to date with all the global happenings. This is why I will be frequently contacting the Foreign Affairs leadership and find out everything that is happening in NationStates. If we decide there is enough information for a publication, we will get to work on one.

There's been some discussion about HA's struggles with getting enough staffers to perform its routine, basic activities such as sending out list telegrams. Do you believe any additional measures are needed to alleviate this issue?
The problem you have mentioned above has been a concern of HA leadership this term, and I intend to help fix this. We are currently discussing alternative ways to run our integration campaign without requiring lists. One method is posting advertisements on the regional message board, using our Gameside Advocates to promote citizenship and the executive staff. Additionally, we can send region-wide telegrams using the communications officer power, or perhaps stamps. While we can't exclude every nation that doesn't fit our criteria for recruitment, I believe getting in new talent is more important than a few individuals annoyed about receiving an extra telegram.

Comfed has put in substantial effort into recruitment for the NPA and tried out a variety of ideas since becoming Minister of Defence. You've had access to the NPA's internal channels as Vice Delegate and Acting Delegate, so are there any lessons you can take away from what you've observed regarding recruitment?
Yes, I have a few lessons that I hope to implement into our recruitment strategy. First of all, more of our citizens need to be aware of the NPA. This means that every operation report needs to be distributed to as many areas as possible - The RMB, The Forums, Discord, and possibly even a couple more that I didn't think of. I mentioned earlier in my response to OwenStacey that these reports need to be creative, clever, and engaging. As I mentioned, Comfed has done a great job in this regard and I will work with the NPA to brainstorm ideas for future reports, as they can be a crucial factor in our recruitment. I've also learned that personally reaching out to individuals helps boost participation in our operation, and we can use that method in our recruitment. Whether someone is still yet to participate in their first operation, or it's an individual who has expressed interest in joining, they need to hear the opportunities The North Pacific has in store for them. When we recruit, we need to let our potential recruits how military action really works - they need to be given a taste of R/D, which can be one of the most exciting aspects of this game, and we want them to know that. Additionally, we can use other incentives such as cards and ribbons for participating in operations. These rewards will give NPAers a sense of achievement and will encourage them to stay on for even longer.

Your opponent has quite substantial plans for improving the internal operations of the foreign ministry compared to your points here. What are your thoughts on those plans?
In regard to Foreign Affairs, Kasch provides a different outlook than myself. His plans are internally focused and are concentrated on developing our staff and diplomats and using them to increase our regional network, while my FA plans are externally based and focused on our relations with regions outside of the TNP-sphere, and include considering our options to respond to the TCB-BoM led attack on us. This makes sense, as I have been closer to the outside action and remained in frequent contact with our allied leaders, while Kasch has done most of his work internally, within TNP. I believe these perspectives ended up influencing the direction our Foreign Affairs plans went toward.

Over the past two terms, it's become clear that certain allies (and now former allies) of TNP, don't respect TNP enough to not engage in petty gangsterism, threatening or extorting the region with consequences for not doing what they want. Do you have the spine to stand up to these attempts, and were it to happen during your term, what would you do?
That is a very sensible question to ask, considering all the external drama we have gone through in the past five months. I believe I've made it pretty clear that I will not allow a repeat of our diplomatic troubles in late March and early April. I want to build a strong, firm TNP that will not be intimidated and won't bow down to other regions that merely will use us for their own personal benefit or self-interest. I will not have a problem with any region that will respect our democracy and sovereignty, and I won't find fault with a region as long as they don't seek to disrespect and humiliate us. To paraphrase from my campaign, "The days of a weak, spineless TNP are over."

I hope I answered all your questions in a satisfactory matter. If there's anything else I need to clarify for you all, please let me know.

Last edited:
I appreciate your candid but very realistic assessment of the foreign affairs challenges facing us, as well as your work thus far after being thrown into the ring. I plan to cast my vote for you when the time comes.
Thank you for your support, HEM! I really appreciate it.

I believe that once Comms changed Ministers, it wasn't as active as before and nobody felt compelled to do anything.
That's not true.
Additionally, I have worked with the Ministry to give our World Factbook Entry an overhaul.
I made the entire thing, with minor inputs from Lionsroar and yourself. The ministry was barely involved.

That's not true.

I made the entire thing, with minor inputs from Lionsroar and yourself. The ministry was barely involved.
You are a deputy Minister and you can see for yourself how this is the case. We've struggled to upload NBS Shows and TNL was delayed. While Comms hasn't completely stopped, it has slowed a bit, something I look to reverse next term. Second of all, while I acknowledge that you were a key contributor, I wouldn't say you made the entire thing. I made changes to the format, coloring, and wording from your original version. That is why I describe it as a project worked on by HA leadership.

You are a deputy Minister and you can see for yourself how this is the case. We've struggled to upload NBS Shows and TNL was delayed. While Comms hasn't completely stopped, it has slowed a bit, something I look to reverse next term.
It’s not true that people weren’t compelled to do anything. People have lives that interfered with the process. I’ve seen that as the person whose managed our newspapers since Kasch’s resignation.
Second of all, while I acknowledge that you were a key contributor, I wouldn't say you made the entire thing. I made changes to the format, coloring, and wording from your original version. That is why I describe it as a project worked on by HA leadership.
Who initiated the overhaul of our integration systems, including the WFE, pinned dispatches (which you still haven’t responded to might I add), RMB recruitment and GA involvement?

Serving as TNP Delegate has turned into a pretty big job. If I had to do it, it would likely take a significant time commitment. What would you anticipate your availability over the next few months will be?

Serving as TNP Delegate has turned into a pretty big job. If I had to do it, it would likely take a significant time commitment. What would you anticipate your availability over the next few months will be?
It's safe to say that my upcoming schedule over the next few months allows me to be at my best and dedicate as my time to the region as possible. I have committed myself to improving The North Pacific for the greater good over the past few terms, and I will remain committed to that case. I likely would not have been participating in this election had I not had the availability to lead the largest region in NationStates. As you said, being the Delegate of The North Pacific is a huge responsibility, and I am fully confident that I will be able to take it on without any concerns.

Back