[Gallery] TNP v. KEKISTON, GrandEngland

It's 2023, and the court of TNP is still as dysfunctional as ever. We have a justice make a mistake and we end with the prosecution withdrawing the case, a case that moved as slow as molasses.

In my opinion, this case really undermines one's faith in the judicial system and instead makes it appear as though the courts are unwilling to hold themselves accountable to mistakes and when said mistakes are pointed out, the intention of those that point out said mistakes become the focus. If we have a legal structure with rules (we do) then we must abide by those rules and not switch up the game mid-process. THAT makes a mockery of the process and it's disappointing to see this case end in such a manner.

Again, my two cents.

I wonder if the court will get around to appointing a moderating justice, recognizing the prosecutors withdrawal, and notifying the complantant and starting the 7 day timer. But what do I know I am here just to “make a mockery of the court”, or am I “nudging the court” to remember how to work.

23. If the prosecutor discontinues management of the prosecution of a criminal case, then the complainant may, at their discretion, request another prosecutor be selected or withdraw the complaint.
24. If the complainant has not withdrawn the complaint within 7 days of the prosecutor discontinuing management of the case, the complaint will be considered withdrawn.
(emphasis mine) @St George

(...) I am here just to “make a mockery of the court”, (...)
I honestly don't know why you continue this line, because you making a mockery of the court is the better version of events for you. The alternative as I see it is that you knowingly mislead the Court in an effort to get a case tried unfairly. I have only used your words and actions as evidence against you in the R4R that you brought, and I will continue to refrain from using them against you in any other setting because this animosity is quite frankly tiresome, unprofessional, and unproductive. I invite you to think back on your words and actions because this restraint has felt fairly one-sided to me, despite your repeated assurance that nothing in this is personal.

I honestly don't know why you continue this line, because you making a mockery of the court is the better version of events for you. The alternative as I see it is that you knowingly mislead the Court in an effort to get a case tried unfairly. I have only used your words and actions as evidence against you in the R4R that you brought, and I will continue to refrain from using them against you in any other setting because this animosity is quite frankly tiresome, unprofessional, and unproductive. I invite you to think back on your words and actions because this restraint has felt fairly one-sided to me, despite your repeated assurance that nothing in this is personal.

You are not the victim, you screwed up, tried to extra judicially undo your mistake and the court bent over backwards to ignore the law to cover for you. But i am glad the court is finally willing to do the job in this case, even if we need to tell how to.

Back