July 27th Update: Poland-Lithuania Retires as Foreign Minister

Amicitica

Foreign Envoy
-
Pronouns
He/him
e-foreign-horizontal-dark-350px.png

In a recent post to the Europe RMB, longtime serving foreign secretary for Europe The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth announced their intention to retire from the position and step away from all the responsibilities it entails. This decision, as they explain in their post, is grounded in their concerns around how much time they can contribute to the region, especially in relation to their role as foreign secretary. Not only do they feel they will not have time to contribute this summer, but also for the foreseeable future as they head into another year of university. Thus, after over five years of great service as our region's foreign secretary, Poland-Lithuania made the difficult decision to step away from the role and engage with NationStates on an occasional basis.
In his place, former undersecretary for foreign affairs Nardin has been appointed as our new foreign secretary. His relevant qualifications and experience in the foreign office made him the obvious choice. His own former position as undersecretary is now also in need of a replacement, the search for which is still ongoing. All in all, Nardin will oversee the regional foreign office for the foreseeable future.
On personal note, as the newest member of Europe's foreign office, I never had much of a chance to work alongside Poland-Lithuania. However, I have been a member of Europe for over three years now and thus got to see them serve as member of our regional administration. They always represented, in my view, the quality of stability that our region as long been characterized by. Alongside this, I very much look forward to working alongside my colleague Nardin and the new staffers we hope to recruit in the foreign office.
I hope you will join me in both congratulating Nardin on their promotion and saying farewell, for now at least, to Poland-Lithuania, who now goes on to experience new and exciting opportunities outside of NS. May Europe and the North Pacific prosper together!

Last edited:
I was wondering if these updates were issued by the government or written by yourself? Including the latest update on Europe's embassy policy.

I was wondering if these updates were issued by the government or written by yourself? Including the latest update on Europe's embassy policy.
They are written by myself, on behalf of the foreign office.

Last edited:
Does the Foreign Office approve these messages beforehand?
No, no such supervision exists and, as far as I can tell, no one in the foreign office has ever expressed a desire to implement such a thing.

Back