He/him
TNP Nation
Francois Isidore
Discord
themacmilitant
Application for Admission to the Bar

Applicant Name: Robespierre

Part One: Experience as a Justice or Counsel

1. Have you served as a Justice (including as a Temporary Hearing Officer)? < No >

2. Between what dates did you serve as a Justice (including as a Temporary Hearing Officer)? N/A.

3. Were you the Moderating Justice in any criminal trials or requests for review? N/A.

4. Were you the author or a co-author of any Official Opinions, Verdicts or Sentencing Orders of the Court? N/A.

5. Have you served as a Prosecutor? < No >

6. Which criminal trials did you prosecute? N/A.

7. Did you participate in any requests for review related to those trials? N/A.

8. Have you served as counsel to a defendant in a criminal trial? < No >

9. In which criminal trials were you counsel to a defendant? N/A.

10. Did you participate in any requests for review related to those trials? N/A.

Part Two: Legal Writing

11. Have you authored any substantial legal work? < No >

12. Have you authored any briefs in requests for review? N/A.

13. Have you authored any other substantial legal work? N/A.

Part Three: Other Relevant Experience

14. Have you served in a Constitutionally-mandated Elected Office? (This does not include the office of Justice) < Yes >

15. Which offices have you served in and between what dates?

I've served as Delegate (11 May 2021 - 11 September 2021), Vice Delegate (11 January 2020 - 23 March 2020), and Speaker of the Regional Assembly (11 January 2021 - 11 May 2021).

16. Were you required to make a decision which required you to analyse and apply the law?

As an elected official, you often have to observe various legal procedures when performing your duties in order to uphold your oath of office in good faith. While I can't offer any specific instances of me needing to analyze the law, I'm certain that it's a skill that has been required at various points throughout my time in The North Pacific. As for examples of me needing to apply the law, I'd once again refer back to my previous experiences as Delegate and as Speaker. Everything from making EC/GA appointments to administering and counting votes in both the Regional Assembly and in elections could be considered me applying the law.

17. Have you served as a government official in any other office in the previous two years? (This does not include any office identified in Part One) < Yes >

18. Which offices have you served in and between what dates?

I'm currently a Deputy Speaker of the Regional Assembly (12 May 2023 - Present) under Speaker Skaraborg. Before that, I was an Advisor to the Delegate (13 September 2021 - 16 October 2021) under Delegate St George/MadJack.

Less recently than two years ago, however, I have a wealth of experience in offices such as Minister of Defense (11 September 2019 - 11 January 2020), Minister of Home Affairs (24 June 2019 - 11 September 2019), Deputy Speaker x2 (11 May 2020 - 12 September 2020 and 12 September 2020 - 11 January 2021), Chief Election Commissioner (17 October 2019 - 15 December 2019), and Election Commissioner (13 July 2019 - 13 January 2020).

(If those offices aren't applicable to answering this question given that I served in them less recently than two years ago, then please do forgive me.)

19. Were you required to make a decision which required you to analyse and apply the law? See question 16.

Part Four: Acceptability Disclosure

20. Have you previously been convicted of any crime in The North Pacific? < No >

21. What crime/crimes were you convicted of? (Please identify the date of each conviction) N/A.

22. Have you previously been recalled from office as Justice or Prosecutor? < No >

23. On what date/dates were you recalled from office? N/A.

24. Have you previously been found by the Court to be in contempt of court or to have submitted an appeal or review that was frivolous or solely for the purpose of delaying proceedings? < No >

25. In which trials or requests for review did the Court make those findings? N/A.

26. Have you previously had your membership of the Bar revoked for any reason other than ceasing to be a citizen? < No >

27. On what date/dates was your membership revoked? N/A.

28. If you answered Yes to any of questions 20, 22, 24, or 26, why do you consider that you would be an acceptable member of the bar, despite any prior conviction, recall, adverse finding by the Court, or revocation of Bar membership? N/A.

Part Six: Request for Admission and Declaration

I apply to the Bar Commissioners for admission to the Bar.

I declare that the information I have provided in this application is true and that I have not failed to provide any information required by this application.

Last edited:
@Dreadton On what basis was this application denied?

Per Section 3 Clause 3 of the Rules of the Bar Commission, I am requesting discussions related to my application from the Bar Commissioners.

Honestly, Robes' application looks pretty lackluster to me. Not a single specific example of interpreting law or arguing regarding it.

yeah i would reject it too and recommend he submit some briefs on a r4r or join a legal team for some experience

Referring to our rules, we really ought to have responded to @Robespierre by now. I would prefer it if @Lord Dominator could comment too, but failing that we should tell Robes soon.

If @Lord Dominator doesn't comment today I'll ask for an explicit vote.

@Robespierre has applied to the Bar.

As we have failed to reach consensus, I am opening a vote. The vote will last three days, ending July 13th at 22:45 Eastern.

I call on @Lord Dominator and @Dreadton to vote promptly.

I vote to reject Robespierre outright.

Vote to reject

Vote to reject

Do we have any advise to send his way

Back