Pronouns
They/Them
TNP Nation
The_Anddoran_Commune
Discord
NutmegTheSquirrel#8941
moce_seal.png

Ministry of Cultural Affairs - Opening Address

Well, here I am. I didn't picture myself serving as a Minister for a while longer, but I've been appointed Minister of Culture.
The Ministry I've been appointed to has cycled through two Ministers already, making me the third.
I do admire though, that despite all of this, the Ministry of Culture has continued to turn it's cogs, and that is all thanks to you. If you have been a part of the Ministry of Culture this term, I would like to say thank you. A Ministry is only as good as the members who make it up, and I look forward to leading such a vibrant team this term.

Now, on to what I have planned.

I would like to appoint my team of Deputies.
@Sacred Butterfinger has proven his abilities in the Ministry of Communications, and I hope he apply his boundless energy here in Culture. He will make a great asset to leadership with his attention to detail.
@Kaschovia has always been someone I've admired, with his undoubtedly incredible work re-establishing the Ministry of Communications. I'm glad he will be joining Culture's leadership team for this term, with his dedication to his work
@Sauron is another who has proven his abilities in a different Ministry. This time, the ability I have seen is his service to the MoWAA. I'm always impressed by the effort he pours into his work there, and I look forward to his assistance in Culture this term.

Please, you three, take your oaths.

If you would like to serve as a Deputy, I am looking out for one more who is interested. If you are, let me know.

This term is an exciting one, and I've already got a few things in mind.
Echoing the goal of my predecessor, MJ, I would like to continue the planning of a Summer-themed festival. Although it is no longer the start of Summer, I still want to go ahead with it.
I also have the privilege of serving as Minister during the term that has Democracy Day in it. What will be happening is still up for active discussion, and I'm hoping to get a few ideas, as this is my first Democracy Day.
As pointed out, this term we are working on diversifying Cultural Activities. So, to kick it off, I would like to run a competition this week. A story-writing competition.
Each person will have one week to write a short story. It can be about any topic, but it has to be exactly fifty words long.

One small thing I would like to work on is RMB participation. Currently, hardly any of our events have RMB-tied events on them, and not every member of our community is able to participate forum-side or on Discord. So, this term, I aim to improve our RMB participation rate for events.

I would like to thank my predecessors, @St George and @Dreadton, and the Culture Staff for your hard work.
I'm honoured to serve as your Minister of Culture for the rest of this term, and I look forward to what we can accomplish together.

Nutmeg The Squirrel

Back