-
-
Pronouns
It
TNP Nation
Simone_Republic
Motivation

This should be self explanatory, but anyway my repeal is focused on:

1. My hatred of the GESTAPO initialisms (this is for personal reasons) but anyone on various discords should be aware that I hate this
2. My dislike of allows minors to travel on the documents of "one or both parents" (which actually is problematic for cross border custody or parental visits, and actually ignores subsequent resolutions allowing polygamy)
3. My dislike of the statement "foreign nationals, excluding diplomatic and consular officers, should abide by the laws of the nation in which they are present"

[box]The World Assembly (WA),

Noting that General Assembly Resolution 76, Standardised Passport Act, provided a basis for reasonably convenient travel between WA states;

Dismayed, however, that it explicitly states that "foreign nationals, excluding diplomatic and consular officers, should abide by the laws of the nation in which they are present", creating the impression that diplomatic and consular officers do not need to abide by certain laws;

Alarmed that the resolution permits "issuing nations to allow children under the age of majority, or a specific age that is lower than that of the age of majority, to travel on the passport of one or both of their parents", which restricts the freedom of travel for those below the age of majority, and creates unnecessary issues regarding custody and visitation rights, especially if someone under the age of majority is under joint custody of parents (and potentially multiple parents) residing in different member states;

Frustrated that the organization in charge of such important functions is known as the Global Emigration, Security, Travel And Passport Organisation (GESTAPO), a term which carries negative connotations with a significant number of member states;

Noting that the rights for consuls to visit nationals overseas when detained and other related rights have been expanded considerably by subsequent resolutions, making this resolution redundant in this aspect;

Looking forward to the WA approving an appropriate replacement for this resolution;

Hereby repeals Standardised Passport Act.[/box]

Last edited:
Back