Question about issue - Criminals to Vote.

Bankowiata

Citizen
-
-
Pronouns
He/Him
TNP Nation
Bankowiata
Discord
kendram77
Today I answered mentioned issues with my nation. To my surprise, the option to give criminals voting rights lead to a result in which my nation stats remained unchanged. I presume that with my nation stats being so extreme beforehand game mechanic decided to take this result. Can someone verify or falsify this assumption?

Your nation is already pretty democratic. Also, allowing criminals to vote is hardly an extreme policy.

In some areas, like foreign aid, pacifism and safety my nation is quite extreme, and I wondered if this could have caused the issue which changed nothing. It is quite unusal for me to get an issue which outcome changes nothing. But if this is an exception, I can live with it.

To be clear, I haven't looked at your stats or nation, but from the context provided, basically what Comfed said. The status quo has been maintained by you selecting that option.

Issues having no effect, especially as you get to the more extreme areas of the freedom stats, is somewhat common as there is a hard cap on some stats. Thus, all you can do is maintain the status quo or work against it.

Evidently, criminals were already able to vote in your nation (or at least the simulation says so) so there's no change to the levels of safety and so on.

Thanks for your explanation.

Recently I managed to further increase secularism, which is already pretty high in my nation. It was an issue about prohibiting drugs for religious ceremonies. It was the first time I took this option. This would concur with your assumption.

Back