RolePlay Moderator
-
Deputy Speaker
-
-
-
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
The Ministry of Culture is declaring this week to by Hobby Week where we want you to show off and talk about your favourite hobbies, or just stuff you enjoy. Make your discord avatar or forum avatar or in-game flag related to your hobby, let us know about it, talk about it on the RMB or on discord, make a post in the community centre about it - Marcus has a great thread about model railways that you should all read. It's great.

At the weekend, Culture will be collecting up all the various posts and pictures and avatar and flag changes and doing a big summary, and shouting all of you interesting folks out.

Feel free to post about your hobby here, or make a dedicated thread for it in this subforum.

Hobby Week is over! And we've had a pretty great week, I think.

On this forum we saw new posts in @Marcus Antonius's wonderful model trains thread and @Bobberino started a TNP Chess Club (watch this space from more on that), along with other activity in the Bulletin Board.

Over on discord we've been treated a wide array of people's hobbies - @Great Bights Mum's antiquing, @Yamantau Em's baseball cards, we've seen chess posts galore by too many people to count (but to include just a few: @Robespierre, Kenjino, @Scorch, Bob and many others), a number of people told us about the instruments they play and we've seen both cooking and gardening discussed as well.

In-game we still have our poll on what instrument you'd learn going (and that surely won't come up again, will it? :shifty:) and we've had a lot of discussion about music and instruments and our favourite pieces of music.

For an impromptu thing, thought up of and announced on Monday, I think it's been a success, and I want to thank everyone involved who took part in discussions, adopted an avatar or even just voted in our poll. Y'all have made this event a success.

And we've got more planned, that you should out for in the very near future.

I voted trumpet in the poll because I play it and it’s the best, objectively. But I do need to pick up my brother’s bass sometime and give it a whirl, I’ve got the hair and attitude for it.

Interesting that electric guitar is an option in the poll but not acoustic guitar. I would have preferred to learn acoustic.

Back