Pronouns
He/Him
TNP Nation
Dreadton
Discord
Dreadton
moce_seal.png

Update to the Mission and Other Aspects of the Gameside Advocates

Continuing with the work @Fili has done with the Gameside Advocates, I have taken this opportunity to update the mission the Gameside Advocates. This will bring them back inline with their original purpose and help facility the goals set out by the Delegate. Over the years, the role of the Gameside Advocates seemed to be solely rule enforcement. While this is an aspect of their role, their purpose to assist our onsite community in discovering the opportunities that are available to them, to be a communications conduit between the RMB community and the Government, and promoting our regional values. The last few terms has seen a shift in the Gameside Advocates roles away from being the RMB police, towards being a center of engagement.

With the Delegates Goals in mind, and wanting to continue this shift, I have formalized the new Mission of the Gameside Advocates to this:

The Gameside Advocates are first line of communication between the Nationstates Region and the executive government. GA's engage the regional message board community by directing them to the various opportunities within the game and the region, keeping the community informed of events and messages from the government, and keeps the government informed of trends and request from the gameside community. The GA's also keep the regional RolePlay Moderators and Communication Officers informed of any community rule violations.​

During this term, I intend to introduce a more formalized guidelines for the Gameside Advocates to learn their new roles instead of the adhoc way we have done this in the past. I will also being looking into ways the Executive and Gameside Advocates can better help each other.

Other Aspects

While the Gameside Advocates are shifting away from a primarily policing role, the Gameside Advocates channel is still the primary away excessive rule breaks, spammers, and trolls are reported to regional officers. One area of enforcement that has been lacking is on the role play moderation front. This area is handled not by the Gameside Advocates but by the RP Moderation team. However, they were absent from the Gameside Advocate channel, with the exception of the times when a RP moderator held a Gameside Role. This is an oversight that needed to be corrected. After consulting with @Prydania , the RP RMB Team, and the Executive Council, it was determined that the best way to fill this hole was to grant access to members of the RP RMB Team. That integration has finished, with the RP Admin, the Lead RP RMB Moderator, and two RP Moderators joining us. With the exception of those RP RMB Moderators who join the GA Team, they are here to instruct us when there is a question on the RMB about the RP rules, communicate with the @Communications Officer s when they need enforcement (suppression) of out of compliance RP, and generally help facility communication between the GAs and the RMP RP Team. We welcome their help and assistance.

Signed,
Dreadton
Queen of the RMB

It’s good to see the GAs have a return to form and get back to their original purpose. I hope this improves gameside activity and integration with the offsite community, and I’m glad someone with your experience in both areas is leading the charge on it. Good luck on taming that wild and often unpredictable beast that is the RMB!

Back