he/him
TNP Nation
Chipoli
Discord
chipoli

mowa_seal.png

May 2023 - Opening Address

Hello there!

I’m back again as your Minister of World Assembly Affairs. I wasn’t expecting to return to this role this quickly, but here I am. I will also have the privilege of also serving as your Vice Delegate this term. The Ministry of World Assembly Affairs gave me my first chance to make an impact, and I will be forever grateful to everyone who helped me along the way. I’d like to thank @Gorundu for giving me another opportunity in this role. I assure you all that I will take this chance and run with it this time. I’d also like to make a special mention of my predecessor @Fregerson, who has moved on to pastures new after performing excellently in this role. I’d also like to thank all the deputies who served alongside me last term. Y’all were a big part of keeping this well-oiled machine running.

Without further ado, let’s start laying out what this upcoming term will look like.

WAA Program

This past term, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs attempted a revival of the World Assembly Accelerator Program (WAA). In brief, the WAA program is designed for World Assembly newcomers to request assistance or help on a World Assembly proposal of theirs. During the last term, however, we only received one application in our redesigned program. This is not ideal. I believe the idea of mentoring new possible WA Authors has great potential, but if no one is interested, it cannot work. Our biggest issue in this regard is engagement.

As part of my staff training goals, which I will expand on later, I will look to promote this program even further. I will reach out to potential new authors to possibly interest them in this program, and I encourage many of our experienced authors to offer their assistance to any staffers who want to learn about the art of writing a WA proposal. I’ll look to offer incentives for new authors who successfully author a WA proposal, such as card rewards. Anyone with a feasible idea can apply for assistance.

However, another issue is accessibility. Many new staffers may not have access to the forums and for this reason, I will now give new staffers the option to apply the WAA program in the Executive Staff server in our designated channel (#wa-mentorship), or the forums. Mentors can accept applications on both platforms. We currently have 6 mentors, but we can always use more, and I will be open to adding new mentors if there is interest.

WA Gameside Engagement Program

The WA Gameside Engagement Program is another new initiative that the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs will look to pursue to educate TNP’s gamesiders about the World Assembly and to hopefully get them involved in the World Assembly ministry in the future. This program has been in development for a few months now, and under my leadership, I will look to continue this effort.

Now, you may be wondering, how is this exactly going to work? We will give gamesiders the option to vote on the upcoming WA proposals on the Regional Message Board in one of our embassy regions, known as the TNP Voting Center. This will work similarly to the votes we hold here on the forums but with less influence on the way we will vote as a region. This will only be conducted in a trial capacity and is not in its final form yet. Expect more to come of this in the coming months.

Staff Training
Training new staff will be another one of the ministry’s top priorities. As mentioned previously, we will look to direct our new staff to the WAA program, to help them build an interest in authorship and the ministry. We also have the gameside engagement program to help with that. However, here I will detail even more ways we can help new staffers get familiarized with the ministry.

Staff Training Manuals:

I have had the idea to write even more manuals for new staffers ever since my first stint as WA Minister, but have never gotten around to writing them. This term, I will begin writing new staff guides for our new staffers, so that even more of them can become valuable assets to the ministry. I remember how I felt when I first joined the ministry. I was confused. I was lost. However, thanks to Hulldom’s and Cretox’s guides, I was able to slowly integrate myself into the ministry and contribute to it greatly. This term, I and anyone else that would like to participate in this effort will seek to write guides on writing IFVs, giving constructive feedback on a proposal, a Newcomer’s Guide to the World Assembly, and much more. If you have any questions or suggestions for a guide, let us know.

Mentoring For New Staff:

While we already have mentors for those interested in writing new proposals, we don’t have mentors for our new staff. Our new staffers can have a hard time and struggle to settle into the ministry. I will trial a new role: [WA - Mentor (Staff Training)].* Those with this role are more experienced staffers and deputies. Their job will be to show these new staffers the ropes and make their integration into the ministry as smooth as possible. While staff guides can be very helpful, they are not quite as good as one-on-one help from an experienced staffer. These staffers are strongly encouraged to answer questions they are asked and help their staffers as much as possible.

Each mentor will be assigned 2-3 staffers (sometimes just 1 depending on staff and mentor numbers) or can volunteer to choose the staffer they will choose to mentor. However, only staffers that request a mentor will receive one, to avoid a mentor receiving a potentially inactive staffer. As mentioned previously, this is only a trial role and will be scrapped or kept depending on how things go. If you are interested in being a staff mentor, please let me know.

*The other mentorship will hereby be known as [WA - Mentor (Authorship)].

Deputy Ministers

Here, I present to you, my deputy ministers for this term:

• @Magecastle - Mage is an exceptional WA author, who has written over 15 resolutions. They are always on the lookout for new proposals in the queue and have done an excellent job creating and maintaining threads throughout this term. Mage’s expertise and competence are why they will be my Executive Deputy Minister of World Assembly Affairs.
  • @Simone_Republic - Simone is another experienced author who has written his fair share of resolutions. He has been a great deputy this past term, and he has proven that he is a vital part of our team.
  • @Nutmeg The Squirrel - Nutmeg is a newer deputy who shows plenty of promise. He works hard and is always willing to commit himself to the ministry. I hope to see more of him in the future.
  • @Sauron/Meadowfields - Meadow is a new addition to the deputy team. He was one of our best staffers towards the end of the term. He has been great at writing IFVs and has shown plenty of commitment. In his brief time in the ministry, he has proven to be a capable member of the ministry, and I hope this wonderful progress will continue.

Dissolution of the WA Council

Finally, I would like to announce the dissolution of the WA Council. It was created by Hulldom to advise the ministry and help guide the Ministry’s voting stances. However, recently it suffered major activity issues. I can’t recall a time when the ministry seriously needed to rely on the WA Council, or even when the council’s help was needed. While well-intentioned, this body has become stagnant and is no longer serving its intended function.

As such, I have decided that the council will be dissolved, effective immediately, to make way for more effective means of engagement and consultation on matters related to the World Assembly.

Brief Statement Regarding My Dual Role

Handling the roles of Vice Delegate and Minister of World Assembly Affairs at the same time can be a challenging but rewarding experience. As Vice Delegate, I am responsible for heading the Security Council and keeping an eye on the region’s security. Meanwhile, as Minister of World Assembly Affairs, my primary focus is on managing the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs and ensuring its operations go smoothly.

To manage both roles effectively, I need to prioritize my time and establish clear communication channels with other members of our regional government. Being organized, adaptable, and able to work collaboratively with others is key to achieving success in both of these roles. I also make sure to stay up-to-date on current events and understand the nuances of the World Assembly so that I can make informed decisions and contribute meaningfully to our ministerial discussions. I will work closely with the Delegate to ensure that I am not taking on more than I can handle and that my duties are aligned with the goals of the Security Council. I am committed to working efficiently with the Security Council to achieve our goals while also managing my responsibility as MoWAA.

I want to once again express how honored I am to serve you as the Minister of World Assembly Affairs once more and how grateful I am for the opportunity to have worked alongside such a dedicated and passionate group of individuals. I am excited to continue serving in this role in the new term.

Thank you again for your trust and support. Let's continue to make a difference and uphold the values that make our TNP so special. Let’s make this term great!

Sincerely,
Chipoli
Minister of World Assembly Affairs

Back