-
Pronouns
Call me what ever you want
TNP Nation
Oceanica_Empire
Discord
Ocean#1180
You should vote Oceanica Empire for Speaker

Why should you vote for me as speaker? I'm pretty active, I can help guide this amazing region to look into a bright future. If I’m elected I will be ensuring the efficient functioning of the entire Speaker system, as well as hiring more experienced and new players as deputy speakers who are active in TNP’s community to effectively train and help with the government. Overall, I can play a critical role in shaping the legislative agenda, promoting effective governance, and ensuring that the interests of the people are well represented. The person elected to this position should be someone with the skills, experience, and vision necessary to fulfill these important responsibilities, and I feel like I can fill this role.

Suppose three bills: the Court Reform Bill; the Crime and Punishment Bill; and the Regional Assembly Procedure Bill. The Court Reform Bill amends the Constitution and the Legal Code. The Crime and Punishment Bill amends the Legal Code only. The Regional Assembly Procedure Bill amends the Legal Code and the Regional Assembly's Rules. None of them include the clause required for omnibus bills.

Suppose each bill receives 17 Aye votes to 13 Nay votes with 5 Abstentions. Do they pass?

Which of them, if any, need to be presented to the Delegate for signature or veto?

Suppose the Delegate vetos any that are presented, what is their fate?

Overall, I can play a critical role in shaping the legislative agenda, promoting effective governance, and ensuring that the interests of the people are well represented.
How?

What is the proper procedure to process a citizenship application?

Suppose an applicant fails the admin check but passes the VD re-evaluation - what would be the proper procedure?

Suppose an applicant fails the admin check but passes the VD re-evaluation - what would be the proper procedure?
Then we would hold a vote to allow them to have citizenship or not, I think

Suppose three bills: the Court Reform Bill; the Crime and Punishment Bill; and the Regional Assembly Procedure Bill. The Court Reform Bill amends the Constitution and the Legal Code. The Crime and Punishment Bill amends the Legal Code only. The Regional Assembly Procedure Bill amends the Legal Code and the Regional Assembly's Rules. None of them include the clause required for omnibus bills.

Suppose each bill receives 17 Aye votes to 13 Nay votes with 5 Abstentions. Do they pass?

Which of them, if any, need to be presented to the Delegate for signature or veto?

Suppose the Delegate vetos any that are presented, what is their fate?
I would assume they would only pass if they a majority vote. I think they would all be presented to the delegate if they didn't get a majority vote, but still had more "for" the vote than "against". If a delegate vetos any than they would go back for editing, and possibly a revote.

Then we would hold a vote to allow them to have citizenship or not, I think
I’m afraid you’re wrong. I thank you for your answer, though.

I’d also like you to answer my first question please:

Last edited:
We do an admin check, the a VD check
If I'm not sorely mistaken, it also includes a Speaker check done by a member of the Speaker's office (the Speaker themselves or their deputies).

It's great that you want to become involved in TNP by running for Speaker! However, I don't think you're up for the task yet. Try to learn more about the position and maybe become a Deputy Speaker when you're ready. Good luck!

Ocean - my best advice to you is to read the legal code, the RA rules, and the standing procedures. Speaker is a job heavy on details, but the beauty of it is, those details are all available any time, right in plain sight, no tricks. And no one who has ever sought this job or held it came into it with them memorized. We’ve all had to consult those words multiple times to make sure we don’t miss anything. So absolutely do that in this campaign, when you get these questions. There’s no need to rush or respond right away. And don’t be too bummed if you get the questions wrong. This is a hypothetical. If you can read and pay attention, and take your time, if you can organize and work well with a team of deputies and ask for assistance from people who know, you can still be a good speaker.

Thank you for stepping up to run for this office. It’s often a thankless task. But someone has to do it, and some people have to compete for it.

It's great that you want to become involved in TNP by running for Speaker! However, I don't think you're up for the task yet. Try to learn more about the position and maybe become a Deputy Speaker when you're ready. Good luck!
I decided to run by coin flip

If you were elected as speaker, seeing as you have little to no experience being one, how would you handle talking on this position?

If you were elected as speaker, seeing as you have little to no experience being one, how would you handle talking on this position?
To be honest I would try and learn as I went, so I could gain experience while trying to help the region.

Back