For Skadesi, God Save the King

Quincy

Be a good human.
DFY1Jnp.jpg

Iska, 1885, Capital of the Kingdom of Skadesi.
It was a cold, brisk morning in the city of Iska, and people went about their daily lives. Markets bustled to life in the early hours of the day, horses began trotting down crowded, stinking city streets. Cluttered buggies and trollies rattled about to and fro across the city. Things were good, and they could only go better.

All the while, in the background; there was a storm brewing.

It felt as if time stopped for a moment - a gargantuan KABOOM could be heard, and a massive shaking, as if Mount Vaikostos itself had erupted. But no - it was much worse. People began to form a crowd around a certain building and many scrambled to see what on Eras it was. But to their horror, the National Bank smoked and was in flames. They could only watch in terror as the building crumbled into itself and with it the entirety of Skadesi's economy and prosperity that they had worked so hard to achieve...

Amidst the fires and burning of the building, a man stepped forward, wearing the traditional woolen trench coat, formal tie, top hat, and jet-black gloves of an upper-class citizen, and he announced himself in a booming voice.

"Citizens of Skadesi! You see before you this? This... this... travesty of an action? This is an unacceptable action. So therefore, let me extend the hand of the Accelerationist Party to assist any persons who may be trapped within!", said the man.

"The Accelerationists?! You insane radicals! We all know it was your monstrosity of a 'political party' that did this! So admit it!", one exclaimed.

The people began to evolve into a mob before the upperclassman spoke again.

"If you think we are such as evil and abhorrent as to wish to - no, to commit these actions, then you have lost faith in your own politicians! Think for just one minute. Who would do such a thing like this? Because I can guarantee right now that it is more than likely our beloved King Rilleik, in all his wealth and power and ego and betrayal of our people. Skadesi has been stabbed in the back by him before, and I know that all of you remember much of that time?", the man trailed off.

People began to murmur to themselves, and a slow agreement emerged...

"Yeah! This man's right! We have been betrayed before! Our beloved King Rilleik has embezzled our country's funds before, and we can't stand for it!", another exclaimed in agreement.

The man in the top hat - Januk Sildgir, the head of the Skadesi Accelerationist Party, knew that things were unfolding in his favor. Now, the future of Skadesi would begin to shift in his image. The future was his to mold...

I no longer possess the time to do both Eras and SR. This thread is hence retconned unless I return at some point.

Back