Magecastle_Embassy_Building_A5
Discord
red_canine
ga.jpg

Ban on Forced Service
Category: Civil Rights | Strength: Significant
Proposed by: Second Sovereignty | Onsite Topic

The World Assembly,

Recognizing that many Member-States utilize conscription or coercive military recruitment mechanisms,

Appalled that this clear gap in forced labor provisions has thus-far been allowed to stand,

Hereby;

Defines Forced Service as any law, policy, or other legal mechanism that compels, coerces, or otherwise requires military service, whether in combat or non-combat roles, or which punishes rejection of such service,

Prohibits Member-States from establishing or continuing any Forced Service mechanisms,

Mandates that any and all military personnel who are victims of Forced Service by a Member-State be offered honorable, non-punitive discharge at the earliest opportunity.
Note: Only votes from TNP WA nations and NPA personnel will be counted. If you do not meet these requirements, please add (non-WA) or something of that effect to your vote.
Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.
Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

ForAgainstAbstainPresent

Last edited:
No. Sanctioning conscientious objection is good enough. Against.

For. I get why people would dislike the concept, but I think banning conscription is a worthy idea, per the arguments largely made by the author and others in the on-site forum thread.

Last edited:
After some consideration, I am against this proposal on the basis of policy, insofar as I do not agree that conscription should be banned where it concerns non-combative roles in defensive wars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back