RolePlay Moderator
-
Deputy Speaker
-
-
-
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Ok, I'll give you all 10 seconds to consider the irony of me in particular being on the opposite side of the bench for once. 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, it's quite funny isn't it?, 3, 2, 1, ok. Now let's talk platform.

I have nothing to offer but application and a knowledge of the laws. I am familiar with them. I helped write some of them. I may have even broken a couple of them in the past. And I complained - a lot - when the authorities in this region were not following them. I feel like this makes me qualified enough to serve adequately on the court.

Just like when I ran for the Speakership the first time, I will take today to read the Court Rulings Index in order to see how different courts have approached the role and have approached passing opinions, and to get a good idea of the precedents that have been set. I would not expect to take revolutionary steps away from past court rulings but precedent is a guide not a dogma and should a better way become apparent I would not hesitate to overturn past rulings that collectively the court decided were now wrong or no longer of use.

I'm happy to answer any questions people have and I thank @Hulldom and @Gorundu for nominating me.

Great to see you running for the Court. My initial question to you St George is why have you decided to run for the Court now, and will you be looking to run for a full term at the March election?

Great to see you running for the Court. My initial question to you St George is why have you decided to run for the Court now, and will you be looking to run for a full term at the March election?
It was a spur of the moment thing. I figured that running now gives me a month to learn the role fully and decide if I would be willing to do it for a full. The fact that there's a request for review recently been filed helps me do that also, as I can see the process and contribute in a way that I feel able to, on a subject that's maybe not as personally high stakes for a member of TNP as a criminal trial.

If I enjoy the role, and don't foul it up in the almost month before the next elections, I'd certainly be open to standing again.

haha everyone make a MadJack court joke xd

I support your run and wish you the best of luck in the election, I feel as if you would make a great addition to the court.

Which crime is the coolest to commit? (Asking for inspiration)
Anytime you're making a moral stand against or for something and it involved the committal of a crime is cool, though in general I would not suggest that committing crime is cool. It may, in fact, be very cringe.
Great to see you running.
haha everyone make a MadJack court joke xd

I support your run and wish you the best of luck in the election, I feel as if you would make a great addition to the court.
Thank you very much!

What is your oppinion on the EC's decision regarding @Rae 's nomination?
I think they came to a conclusion that is correct and in line with the current laws and guidelines on the matter. I also think they came to a conclusion that was unfortunate for Rae's candidacy and also for the election as a whole. On a personal level I despise uncontested elections.

I think this can be avoided in future by some kind of clarifying guidelines or perhaps even formatting the election nomination post differently, but that is a matter primarily for Election Commission to consider.

Back