-
Pronouns
he/him
TNP Nation
Gorundu
Discord
an_dr_ew
Gorundu For Vice Delegate

Yeah, it’s me, I’m back. Some of you might still have some memories of the close call I had with this position exactly a year ago. Anyway, most of you should have at least some idea of who I am, but for those who have joined this region more recently, here’s a brief introduction. I’ve been in The North Pacific for a while now, and in that time I’ve served as Speaker, my first Government Official position in TNP, then Minister of World Assembly Affairs under McMasterdonia, and Minister of Communications under Prydania, though all of that was in 2019 and 2020. So as you can see, I’ve been out of any high level government position for a while now, but I have been active in TNP, including the Executive Staff and the Regional Assembly, and serving as Chief Election Commissioner.

Since my last run for this position a year ago, I continue to believe that I can present a proper vision for the Vice Delegate’s office and steer it forward. The office of Vice Delegate, due to its nature of being responsible for the security and stability of the region, is not a role that experiences radical changes through time. For that reason, you’ll find that much of what I discuss and propose in this platform is very similar to, or even the same as what was in my platform a year ago. Like last time, I think it's wise to first give a refresher on what my thoughts on the role of the Vice Delegate.

The Vice Delegate’s Role

Over the last few terms, we have seen shifts in how different officeholders approached the Vice Delegate’s role, with new initiatives introduced by Cretox State and Kastonvia that potentially overlapped with the duties of the Delegate signalling expansions in the role, followed by a somewhat more traditional and focused-on-basics approach taken by Hulldom. So I am dedicating this section to explain my view on this change and my philosophy on the Vice Delegate’s role in general.

By law, the Vice Delegate is in charge of the region’s security. There are several aspects to this. Firstly, there is identifying potential threats from within and outside the region, but this is an area with very little room for innovation - you just need to have the right person as VD and right people in the Security Council with the experience to identify and neutralise the threats. And real threats to the region have been few and far between them in recent years.

The second aspect is to be able to maintain order in times of instability in the region. Having this ability requires the public to place their trust in the Vice Delegate and the Security Council, and this trust has to be earned. The third and perhaps most important aspect is to preempt any possible coup by setting them up for failure Collectively, TNP has decided years ago that the best way to defend ourselves against potential coups is by allowing our residents to maintain high levels of endorsements and accumulate influence, so that any potential coups will hit an insurmountable roadblock. As such, the role of the Vice Delegate has been largely to ensure we maintain a large number of endorsements as a region. As methods of encouraging endorsements have been made easier with the help of scripts, it is natural for a dedicated Vice Delegate to start looking at other ways to increase our endorsements.

These two aspects create the basis for Vice Delegates to improve upon, and I believe that’s what people like Cretox and Kasto have done. In general, their new initiatives seem to be focused on building trust between the nations of The North Pacific and the Security Council so that people will trust the Security Councillors and more readily endorse them - the mentoring, the RMB posting, all seem to be done with this in mind. Other objectives include making the Security Council more transparent and accessible, which are also reflected in the initiatives I mentioned just then, as well as in projects like the SC Handbook and the Advanced Endotarting Guide.

To me, then, this seems like the right path, and perhaps the only path, to take. However, while doing so, we must remember that the Security Council isn’t the only factor in the region’s security. Indeed, maintaining high regional endorsements is a group effort that includes every nation in the region, and so this must also be at the front of the Vice Delegate’s mind. As such, you will see in this platform that emphasis is placed both on the Security Council and increasing endorsements collectively as a region.

With my philosophy explained, here's a closer look at what my plans will be as Vice Delegate.

The Basics

As far as the office’s basic duties go, there isn’t too much to say about them, so let’s look at them briefly before moving on to more interesting topics.

Endorsements - I don’t believe anyone will doubt my ability to endotart, and with (at least) daily endotarting and the utilisation of telegrams and dispatches I am confident I can get to second place in number of endorsements.
Vice Delegate checks - I have experience performing citizenship checks as Speaker and have also processed ministry applications as Minister and Deputy Minister of several ministries, so this should not be much of a challenge. I am in full agreement with the government’s current goals on countering malicious actors which may seek to harm our region, such as the Brotherhood of Malice, and will perform checks on individuals associated with these actors with appropriate scrutiny and discussion with the Security Council.
World Assembly Development Program - I will continue to maintain the WADP as past Vice Delegates have done, and publish its monthly awards.

Updates and Reporting

Last time I ran, I complained a little bit about the clutter of recordkeeping threads in the Security Council subforum being unnecessary, and the irregularity in publishing what is supposed to be weekly updates. Fortunately, these issues have both been rectified, and it is my intention to continue delivering regular and timely weekly updates that are neatly divided into sections on statistics, endorsement alert actions, declassification, Security Council proceedings, and any other section that might be necessary.

Community Engagement

Much has been made about this issue over the past few terms, and for good reason. Kastonvia had made this the focal issue of his tenure, and he has certainly been successful in raising Security Councillors’ RMB post counts. I would certainly like to continue this initiative, and lead by example in maintaining an active presence on the RMB and welcoming new nations. I believe the best way to go about this is to just put yourself out there and have a casual chat like you would on Discord. After all, for those of us in the region who primarily use Discord, it’s the best way to get to know each other, so we should try to extend that same opportunity to those on the RMB for those who want to see more of their government officials.

Furthermore, I believe there are more we can do to increase the visibility of Security Councillors. These could potentially include holding Ask Me Anything’s (AMAs) or giving Security Councillors weekly questions to answer on the Regional Message Board, taking part in radio shows, whether it’s to discuss the Security Council or something else, and perhaps even writing articles on subjects such as endotarting and assessing security. They could be done by individual Security Councillors taking the initiative, or could be a collaborative project within the Council, such as perhaps collaborating on an article. They can be fun and done for laughs, like perhaps a collection of funny responses to endorsement telegrams received by Security Councillors. I will do my best to encourage Security Councillors to take part in these activities and will try to do something myself in this realm.

Declassification

WIth declassification of forum records now mostly up to date, the focus should move to Discord records, of which there is still a substantial backlog. Former Vice Delegate Kastonvia started on this effort and got as far as 2018 from what I can see, but it appears to have been unfortunately neglected over the last term. Getting them fully up to date is probably too much to ask for, but I will make an effort to put out at least one year of records.

I have also been made aware that many previously declassified threads were moved back to private areas for changes to comply with FOIA laws that were updated around a year ago, but has since remained there and unable to be accessed by the public. I will aim to re-release these threads by the end of the term.

Other Projects?

Those of you who have been here long enough to remember the tenure of former Vice Delegate Cretox State and their first of several abrupt disappearances might know that some of his campaign promises/ideas went unfulfilled or only partially fulfilled and were never really picked up on. I intend to revisit some of these to bring them to completion. The ones I am most interested in looking at are the SC Handbook and the Advanced Endotarting Guide.

The SC Handbook is mostly completed and published with only the Members section still needing work, so I believe it can be finished relatively easily. After completion, I intend to promote it widely, as it was initially launched without much promotion, so many in the region might not be aware of this useful document’s existence and the opportunity it offers for them to learn more about the Security Council.

The Advanced Endotarting Guide, I believe, is at a lesser stage of completion. While I don’t expect it would make a drastic difference, it will probably be useful in boosting endorsements in our region as a whole. I will review what is currently available to me and consult with the Security Council on what it should look like as a finished product before trying to undertake some work on it. However, I will make no promises as to whether it could be completed by the end of the term.

Any questions?

And so I present to you my philosophy for the office of the Vice Delegate and the ideas I wish to enact if elected. I hope this convinces you, dear voter, that I should be the next Vice Delegate of The North Pacific. As always, I welcome any sensible questions.

Last edited:
Uh… what? Declassified forum records only go back to 2020.
Come on, did you really think there are four pages worth of SC records from 2020 to 2021? Some threads were declassified out of order for reasons unknown, and others I believe were jumbled out of order because the FOIA changes that passed about a year ago made it so that it is no longer necessary to obtain someone's consent to declassify their posts, so in some cases it was necessary to go back to already declassified threads and make changes. So no, they go back far past 2020.

That said, I did discover that many of the earlier threads declassified by Cretox seem to have disappeared - using the links listed here they are no longer accessible. I suspect what happened was that they were moved back into private archives to make changes, but haven't been released again. I will investigate this matter if elected.

Last edited:
Make America Gorundu Again!!! Avocado 2024!!!
Wrong year bud but appreciate your spirit
Great platform, you got my support!
Thank you for your support!

And with Kasto's permission I am also noting that a lot of previously declassified threads were moved back to private areas during his term to be changed to comply with the update in FOIA laws around a year ago, and have stayed there since. I will update the declassification section of my platform to reflect that.

Last edited:
roughly how many endorsements could the hostile regions muster to bump the delegate?
What are our current threats?
is a non SC Delegate entitled to access to the Security Council areas?

Good luck. I would prefer obviously strong endotarting and for the delegate to have more WA votes.

By the way you're going to need to endotart back up quite quickly.

Last edited:
roughly how many endorsements could the hostile regions muster to bump the delegate?
Well, this is a tough question to answer. Before we consider the numbers, the first thing to consider is whether they have the will to escalate their provocation to a direct attack on us. I suspect that answer might be no, but with them you'll never know for sure. Nevertheless, I'm sure you want a number out of me, so on that front I think they can muster 50 updaters, maybe 70-80 if they really tried, but of course membership numbers fluctuate through time and the situation this month may be very different to the next. Whether they would try use these numbers to attack us is, as I said, a different matter.
What are our current threats?
No surprises here, I think our biggest threat is evidently the Brotherhood of Malice and their associated actors. That's not to say I believe that they would imminently attempt to coup us or anything like that, but their ideology contradict our region's long-held values and views on sovereignty, democracy and diplomacy, and they have shown that they have the numbers in their ranks to undertake significant operations such as a Delegacy bump as you have described above, as well as having shrewd political operators who have the ability to manipulate institutions and people to serve their purposes, meaning they could potentially do real harm if they are allowed unchecked access to our institutions.
is a non SC Delegate entitled to access to the Security Council areas?
Strictly speaking, no, because the Delegate does not have any legally defined role in regards to the Security Council, but I understand it has been customary in the past to grant the Delegate access to Security Council areas regardless of whether the Delegate themselves is a member of the Security Council, which is permitted under Article 8, Section 2 of the Security Council Procedures.
Good luck.
Thank you.

Since this is still election season, I want to ask every candidate for every office if they have a view on this matter? Not necessarily if you it's within your purview (or if you want to push this issue to another person), but just a view.
I'm not sure exactly what matter you are referring to here, but I will given some of my thoughts and understanding on the topics that were discussed in that thread. As I understand it, TNP admins have long checked IP addresses as part of the legally mandated check on citizenship applicants, and have a policy of denying any that show up as non-residential IP. Now, IP addresses are by no means a perfect way of detecting potential multiple accounts, but it is the best we have without invading the privacy of our players. But one of its issues was that with the evolution of modern internet technology, many people no longer have IP addresses that would be recognised as residential IP addresses, and therefore would be unable to become citizens through no fault of their own. The new law passed last year to provide an avenue of appeal for citizenship applicants who were denied due to failing the admin check was proposed for that reason, and its passage has already provided opportunities for quite a number players who wouldn't otherwise be able to become citizens. It does expose us as a region to more risk of being infiltrated by a player who has hidden their identity, but as QuietDad said in that thread, there are plenty of ways to circumvent the IP check anyway - ways that people who try hard enough to infiltrate us under a new identity would definitely have thought about. That said, it's still important to use some basic diligence in the appeal process and check that these players' stories about why they don't have a residential IP address make sense and don't raise any red flags.

There was also some talk about dynamic IP addresses in that thread, which I'm admitted unsure of how it ties in with the rest of the issue. As far as I know, dynamic IP address wouldn't cause someone to fail the admin check, and the issue seems to be more of whether someone would be able to create multiple identities and pass the admin check by using different dynamic IP addresses from the same household. If that is possible, then it would certainly be another argument against the already flawed IP check and loosening IP restrictions, but I would hope the forum IP check software is more advanced than that and that the IP check still serves some purpose.

Last edited:
Back