Discord
red_canine
ga.jpg

Repeal "LGBTIQA Inclusiveness in Schools Act"
Category: Repeal | GA #603
Proposed by: Honeydewistania, Co-authored by: Minskiev, Dokansia | Onsite Topic
Replacement: Inclusiveness in Education

The World Assembly,

Affirming its stalwart commitment to protecting marginalised communities from discrimination via World Assembly legislation, such as through “Defending the Rights of Sexual and Gender Minorities”, “Access to Transgender Hormone Therapy”, and “Ending School Segregation”,

Embarrassed, however, by the numerous flaws present within General Assembly Resolution #603 “LGBTIQA Inclusiveness in Schools Act”,

Lambasting the overly broad definition of “school” within GA#603, as “an institution designed for the organised education of students by providing learning spaces and environments”, which includes many entities such as junior football academies, martial arts dojos, and online coding courses,

Understanding that these “schools” consequently have to teach, along with their main educational purpose, a plethora of material concerning sexual orientation, romantic orientation, and gender identity, as well as provide resources to help minors question and accept their identities, even if these are already being provided by the main educational institutions that these students attend, thereby straining vital resources and almost certainly detracting from the primary educational function of these “schools” due to having to provide resources and lessons to all of the minors enrolled therein, hindering the holistic development of said students,

Disappointed that GA#603 requires that “schools” “otherwise support the mental health of students with diverse sexual or romantic orientations or gender identity”, which includes students’ mental health issues beyond being unable to cope with their sexual orientation, romantic orientation or gender identity; Since “diverse” would easily cover many people, leaving no doubt as to what the consequences of this are, this creates more inexcusable costs for these “schools”, as they may need to hire full-time counsellors or take less time covering core material and instead set time aside for therapy (for example); not to mention the inefficiency of it, since all of this would had already been provided in schools,

Stressing that these mandates not only detract from the primary educational function of these more specialized institutions, but in some cases also stop them from serving the primary educational purpose entirely, because running the normal operation as well as managing a system to identify minors using the learning space or environment, teaching them gender and sexual or romantic orientation material, and providing and funding resources to help every single user, (which may be thousands or even millions of people) come to terms with their gender identity, sexual orientation, or romantic orientation is simply financially impossible in the overwhelming majority of instances,

Concluding that GA#603 is an unmistakably flawed and poorly constructed piece of legislation, and that there is little reason for it to continue to be enforced as international law, and

Hoping that in the future, the World Assembly stops passing haphazardly written resolutions on the sole basis that they grant rights to certain marginalised groups, and instead consider the technical merit of a proposal before rushing to vote in favour based on premise alone, hereby:

Repeals General Assembly Resolution #603, “LGBTIQA Inclusiveness in Schools Act”.
Note: Only votes from TNP WA nations and NPA personnel will be counted. If you do not meet these requirements, please add (non-WA) or something of that effect to your vote.
Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.
Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

ForAgainstAbstainPresent

Last edited:
Overview
This proposal seeks to repeal GA #603, "LGBTIQA Inclusiveness in Schools Act", for a number of flaws primarily relating to the definition of a "school", which is argued to include institutions such as "junior football academies, martial arts dojos, and online coding courses". The repeal asserts that the target thus obligates such institutions to provide education surrounding sexual orientation and gender identity, and also provide sundry mental health resources towards students with "diverse" sexual orientations and gender identities; and that doing so is overly burdensome upon such institutions.

Recommendation
We find these arguments to be compelling, and to sufficiently argue for repeal of the target. The overly broad requirements of the target arising from the ill-defined term "school" place undue burden upon educational institutions and detract from their main purposes. In addition, one of the repeal authors is sponsoring a replacement draft which we believe adequately addresses this subject without the flaws of the target.

For the above reasons, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote for the General Assembly resolution at vote, "Repeal 'LGBTIQA Inclusiveness in Schools Act'".

Last edited by a moderator:
I am also in favour of this. The repeal argues this very well. Though 603 had good aims and intentions, it was executed in a generalised, sweeping fashion, which was not appropriate in this case.

The replacement is bad and the authors of the repeal have consistently overstated the costs and resource share of GA#603's provisions. If I had a vote here, I'd vote against.

Last edited:
You're Apatosaurus?
Yes, though I don't go by that nation anymore :blush:

That's what he says. Technically I am not a gameside site admin so I can't verify that point but I don't see any reason why anyone would pretend to be someone else.
I have used my old nations as Apatosaurus as the Ice States (specifically during Z-Day, as Apatosaurus III).

Last edited:
Repeal "LGBTIQA Inclusiveness in Schools Act" was passed 12,188 votes (73.5%) to 4,385 (26.5%). This is Honeydew's 23rd WA resolution (plus four as St Tomas) Minskiev's 11th

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back