The SSV Ulm 1846 Journal

Test match against the Bahlinger SC
Third Third

During the break of the third period, Geyer, Ortag and Reichert were replaced, so there was a completely new team on the pitch. It was a very quiet period with occasional attempts on goal, which increased especially at the end. There continued to be many chances from both sides, but they did not change the game. SSV won 3 to 2 in the end.

Lineup of the Test match against the Bahlinger SC
Start-11:

Ortag (80') - Reichert (80') - Geyer(80') - Allgeier (63') - Ahrend (72') - Röser (72') - Hingerl (63') - Schmidts - Jann (72') - Yarbrough (40') - Rösch (63').

Substitutions:
Hansen (40') - Chessa (63') - P. Maier (63') - C. Maier (63') - Dulleck (72') - Rühle (72') - Hannemann (72') - Otto(80') - Ilic (80') - Ludwig (80')

Opinion to the test match - Thomas Whörle
"It was a very good test for us, exactly what we wanted - to play against a very good regional league team, who were also a tad sprightlier than us today. We won the game and were able to turn it around, which was also pleasing. But we still have a way to go and the next two weeks will be good for us to progress again."
- Thomas Wörle

My opinion
The match happened yesterday on a Saturday at 2pm CET. It played in the Kaiserstuhl-Stadion of the Bahlinger SC. Since I can't wait for the fourth league to start again, I decided to join the SSV on this test match. So I drove two and a half hours with my friends (3 to be exactly) to the stadium to watch the match. It was a very special match, since they played three thirds, and it definitely offered a lot of content to enjoy. Personally, I believe it was an amazing match against a very strong club with a good ending for the SSV. Especially if you remember, that's a test match and part of their training program. They are currently not in their best condition.

Bericht_Bahlingen.jpg

Look back at the regio-wfv-cup final
The WFV is the regional soccer association from Baden-Württemberg, more precisely the Württemberg-ish part of this state, in which the SSV Ulm plays.
Every year there is the Württemberg Football Cup, in which all Württemberg-ish clubs play for the cup. The SSV is actually record cup winner! The winner of this cup participates in the DFB Cup, a competition of all German clubs to determine the best! SSV has also participated in this several times, but unfortunately did not win.

In this attached video, is a review of the cup final 21/22, in which the SSV is. It is unfortunately in German, maybe the self-generated subtitles from YouTube help you a bit, or you just have to limit yourself to the impressions and images of the video. Have fun.

And oh yes, I was also present, but have not yet found me in the video :D

Preparations for a new test match!
2023-02-25_Heimstetten_Ehingen-SSV.jpg

First, the Spatzen will face the Bavarian regional league team SV Heimstetten on N-Day at 2:00 pm. For Roman Langer and Christoph Schmitt's team, this is also the last endurance test before the next match next Saturday at FV Illertissen. The SVH also needs these, because the club, which is based east of Munich, currently occupies 20th place in the Bavarian fourth league. In preparation, however, the team has achieved good results, including beating the Spvgg. Unterhaching. For the sparrows thus again a good test after an intensive preparation.

Just one day later, the opponent is SSV Ehingen-Süd. The club is in the fifth german league and was already several times a test play opponent and starts likewise in the coming week again into the obligation play enterprise. Michael Bochtler's team has some former Spatzen players in its ranks and will try to stand up to the SSV. The Ehingen team is also represented in the wfv cup. It will be played in Ulm, we just don't know in which field.

Preparations
The preparation was intense, the Spatzen have prepared in Ulm in partly wintry conditions. Concentrated work was done in all areas and the two test matches at the weekend are the last tests for the players, who can show themselves to the coaching team once again. On Sunday, 05.03. the team then plays the first competitive match of the year at Wormatia Worms, where the aim is to come out of the break in good shape and consolidate our position at the top of the table.

Currently, David Grözinger and Simon Klostermann are still two players out.

You may have noticed it in the last posts in this journal, some SSV players are injured or in poor health in the last days.
Injuries of the team
Various players are already missing before the start of the second half of the league and plague the club. Dennis de Sousa Oelsner, David Grözinger and Simon Klostermann will again be absent from the games, having already been out for a longer period beforehand. And also in the near future - at the second round opener in Worms - they are in all probability to not be in the squad, which is a tragic loss for the SSV's gameplay. The situation is different for Lennart Stoll and Moritz Hannemann. They are both in poor health and were absent this weekend, however, a return for the first regional league game is not excluded.

Ha, the test matches got rescheduled.

Bad weather and so on. Going to update you guys.
Alright
SV Heimstetten: Because it snowed on their field, couldn't play it on a field of the SSV because it would have been a too long travel.

Ehingen-Süd: Cancelled because the SSV decided to have an intern match of their own club.

Back