Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Kasto

Citizen
-
-
moha_seal.png

Resignation

Two years of nonstop NationStates. For some that is a drop in the bucket of years in the game. For me its a new beginning. A new frontier to the lands beyond the known. A probe into the space beyond the seen. Before I move on to the rest of this letter. I want to open with a favorite quote of mine from the 1982 Ridley Scott film Blade Runner. But you might ask yourself, "Kasto, don't you like 2049 more?". To that I say, maybe. Both films are equally good for the era they were made however Blade Runner 1982 really touches on variety of topics that Phillip K. Dick wrote in his 1968 book "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?". I do recommend everyone to read it as Phillip K. Dick was a very good writer especially 1962 book "The Man in the High Castle" that received an Amazon TV show adaption.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe... Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion... I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain... Time to die.

For the past two years I have been here, I have seen my own attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion and C-beams glittering in the pitch darkness of the Tannhauser Gate. All these moments. I will treasure. Until they become like years in the rain. However, I am not dying. I am not gonna sit here and go into detail as many of you are familiar with the recent big historical events of TNP and NS game wide.

So here comes the sad part.

Like many Dear John letters, this is a letter to the part of me that would ever want to quit NS. To those who don't know what a Dear John letter is, it's simply a letter written to a man by his wife or romantic partner to inform him that their relationship is over, usually because his partner has found another lover. The man is often a member of the military stationed overseas, although the letter may be used in other ways, including being left for him to discover when he returns from work to an emptied house. It is usually sent after time-away on holiday (taken from wikipedia). Basically I am writing this to myself. But before we move on, this could be a Dear Jane letter too if whatever way you look at it.

As Cambridge dictionary defines resignation as:

(noun) the feeling of having to accept something that you do not like because you cannot easily change it

I resign to the fact that I may be here for the long haul. TNP is truly a great and unique community amongst the sea of really terrible communities, but I won't point fingers at them. Love you all

Thank you for reading my post.

With love,

T. Kasto

I am not crazy! I know he swapped those resignations! I knew it was 2049. Several before Cyberpunk. As if I could ever make such a mistake. Never. Never! I just - I just couldn't prove it. He - he covered his tracks, he got that idiot at the government to lie for him. You think this is something? You think this is bad? This? This chicanery? He's done worse. That Security Council application! Are you telling me that a man just happens to pass like that? No! He orchestrated it! Kasto! He trolled in the Agora! And I saved him! And I shouldn't have. I endorsed him with my own nation! What was I thinking? He'll never change. He'll never change! Ever since he joined, always the same! Couldn't keep his hands out of the memes! But not our Kasto! Couldn't be precious Kasto! Trolling them blind! And he gets to resign!? What a sick joke! I should've stopped him when I had the chance! And you - you have to stop him!

Last edited:
I resign to the fact that I may be here for the long haul. TNP is truly a great and unique community amongst the sea of really terrible communities, but I won't point fingers at them.
What if I ask you to point fingers at them? Just for the horror, drama and tears?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back