-
-
-
TNP Nation
sil_dorsett
Discord
sildorsett
The Delegate:
I note the expiration of @Vivanco ’s term on 10/21/22, and appoint @Loh to a term as Election Commissioner.

@Loh has been appointed to serve as an Election Commissioner by Delegate @Pallaith. I now open the floor for debate and discussion on the nominations. I would welcome a statement in support of the nomination from @Pallaith.

Should the appointment go to a vote, I intend to put the following motion before the Regional Assembly:
Motion:
The Regional Assembly, acting on the nomination of the delegate, appoints Loh to the Election Commission.

I always want to offer new blood to our institutions, and I appreciate the dedication Loh has shown in other areas of the region’s community, most notably our RMB and the SC. I think it’s important for players like Loh to get experience in more areas and contribute their skill to new places, and I believe he has already earned our trust as a responsible and capable member of our community no matter what role he takes on.

Being appointed to serve as an Election Commissioner is certainly a big honour. The EC, like every hallowed institution in TNP, holds a great importance within our constitutional framework, and therefore it's also a great place to not only develop new skills, gain knowledge, but also to expand the already vast knowledge that some hold, helping them to take their careers a step further. Despiste being close to reach 20 years of experience in this game, the EC would be something completely new for me.

Personally, and purely concerning new candidates, I hold the opinion that injecting new blood into these hallowed institutions is something positive to do. It helps keeping a region healthy, widening the pool of potential candidates eligible to a variety of positions. In the long run, it helps democracy itself. The kind words expressed by our Delegate to support my appointment are, as always, encouraging.

However, after careful consideration, I find myself unable to pursue this further at this moment. Like I said before, I hold the opinion that injecting new blood into these hallowed institutions is something positive to do, so I could definitely see myself being part of such honoured body, should my fellow regionmates wish so. Unfortunately, not at this time. Among other reasons, I have decided that, for now, the MoHA (besides my service in the SC) is my home and I wish to further explore my connection to it. Should I pursue this bid for the EC further, and taking into account my life IRL, fitting everything I wish to do would tighten considerably my schedule on NS, possibly affecting my performance in the job. Those who know me are aware that I believe you have to be committed to a job, and sure that you can properly do it, otherwise it wouldn't be fair for the ones who trusted you with the job.

I deeply thank our delegate for their choice, trust and words of encouragement, and to those in this Assembly who were potentially open to consider me for the EC. I trust that, in the future, I shall seek again your approval for the same position.

Last edited:
Back