-
-
-
-
TNP Nation
sil_dorsett
Discord
sildorsett
Isle Ideal failed the admin check here and appealed their rejection here. They have not been confirmed by administration to have been linked to another forum account or be using a proxy, have a resident nation that is a member of the World Assembly, and have not already had their rejection upheld by the Regional Assembly.

Pursuant to 6.1.10-14 of the Legal Code, this qualifies Isle Ideal to have this rejection debated by the RA and potentially overturned - at which point they would be granted citizenship contingent on continued WA residency in the region excepting participation in NPA operations.

Please ask any questions you may desire to ask of @Isle Ideal in this thread. This is not the appeal's official debate thread.

Welcome to TNP! First of all, I noticed you have with you here a relatively new nation, and it seems like you have went for other regions before you joined TNP and applied for WA. Mind sharing with us some of your history on Nationstates? Also, how did you get to know about TNP, and what are some aspects of TNP that interests you?

Maybe you can also share with us some of the circumstances that caused you to be using an educational/datacenter IP as stated by the admin check. Is there no reasonable alternative for you to use a residential IP to gain citizenship instead?

Last edited:
Welcome to TNP! First of all, I noticed you have with you here a relatively new nation, and it seems like you have went for other regions before you joined TNP and applied for WA. Mind sharing with us some of your history on Nationstates? Also, how did you get to know about TNP, and what are some aspects of TNP that interests you?

Maybe you can also share with us some of the circumstances that caused you to be using an educational/datacenter IP as stated by the admin check. Is there no reasonable alternative for you to use a residential IP to gain citizenship instead?
Hi!

I'm new to nationstates, at first, I wasn't sure of the use of regions, mostly looking around for some that seemed interesting, and had a welcoming community. I hopped around regions a bit, before returning to TNP due to its active chat and discord, which meant that I could get involved, and learn more about what was going on if I wished. I simply learned about the TNP through telegrams, and the aspect that interest me the most is probably the welcoming and open community that always seem welcome to newbies and are open for a chat, which I appreciate.

I live at a boarding school, which means most of the year I would only have access to an educational IP. I would have access to a residential IP every 6 weeks or so, but that doesn't seem particularly practical, seeing as I spend most of my time at school.

Very nice! So I'm curious for now: what would you like to do if you gain citizenship?

Very nice! So I'm curious for now: what would you like to do if you gain citizenship?
Well, it seems like a good way to get more involved in TNP, outside of NS, and I was looking into what else I could achieve, and this looked like a good thing to apply for. I'm mostly hoping to get more involved and learn more about the game as well as getting more involved in the community as a whole

Adding on to Hulldom's question, would you be interested in going for leadership roles?
As for going for leadership roles, I'm more hesitant to answer right now. It's a definite possibility in the future, but for now I'm mostly just looking to get to know everything better. I feel like I don't want to go for a leadership role until I know more about the game and community as a whole. I don't think it's right to be in a position of leadership unless youknow what and who you're leading. So, for now the answer is no, but it's not a permanat answer :)

Thank you!

So, what happens now? Does anyone have any more questions to ask?

Thank you!

So, what happens now?
Eventually someone will make a motion to vote in the official debate thread.

One question... Will you make sure that the next time you are back home, away from school, whenever that may be, that you file an Admin Request (https://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/7469014/) asking for the admins to perform the Admin Check, as if you were applying for NPA or citizenship? Doing so will remove the requirement that you maintain WA membership on your citizenship nation.

Will you make sure that the next time you are back home, away from school, whenever that may be, that you file an Admin Request
I'll make sure to do that. Does it have to be a permanent IP address though? Because it is currently half term, and I am not in school, but I'm not in a place that I will probably ever return to. So while I don't have an educational IP on right now, it's not a permanant one.

Because IPs often change, it doesn't matter. It just needs to be from a residential IP address at the time you make your admin request post or your citizenship oath post. We're not tracking your movements. If you are somewhere with a residential IP right now, you could apply for citizenship again, and if it passes the admin check, it'll make the appeal moot.

Back