-
-
-
TNP Nation
sil_dorsett
Discord
sildorsett
The Delegate:
I note that his current expires on 10/15/22, and appoint @Gorundu to another term as Election Commissioner.

@Gorundu has been appointed to serve as an Election Commissioner by Delegate @Pallaith. I now open the floor for debate and discussion on the nominations. I would welcome a statement in support of the nomination from @Pallaith.

Should the appointment go to a vote, I intend to put the following motion before the Regional Assembly:
Motion:
The Regional Assembly, acting on the nomination of the delegate, appoints Gorundu to the Election Commission.

I would like to keep experienced people on the EC who also provide good coverage of time zones. I also respect the fact that the EC recently chose to make Gorundu their chief commissioner again and do not presume to let him fall away from that body so soon. I see the EC's decision as one of optimism and trust - despite his seeming lack of attentiveness to the management of the roster and the term expiration of his fellow commissioners, including himself, and gaps in coordination that caused their newest member to be unable to contribute to the review of the previous election ballots or learn the ropes, they believe he can continue to improve and succeed in the role, and will in time lead the other ECs to be better in their own duties and as a team. I share their optimism and would see him continue in this capacity, counting on him to be aware of and learn from his mistakes.

I’m a little wary of Gor’s recent handling of the chief position, but if the EC trusts him then I have little qualms with this. Just tell him to stop stinking up the RA, he needs a shower

I do apologise for my recent lapses in attention regarding expiration dates of Election Commissioner terms. Although it is not an official duty of the Chief Election Commissioner, it is one that naturally falls upon the role and have generally been accepted to be part of their duties. I believe that in my time here in the region, serving in several positions over the years, my timeliness and attention to deadlines has generally not been an issue, and I am confident I can rectify this issue.

As for gaps in coordination within the Election Commission, the nature of the Election Commission being an institution that is dormant most of the time makes it easy for this problem to surface. Speaking from my own experience before becoming Chief Election Commissioner, it is not a new problem, but I will review the processes in place and try my best to improve on this aspect.

Noting how close we are to the expiration of this term, and considering I do not wish for his term in office to expire, I motion for an immediate vote and request a duration sufficient for the vote to end prior to the expiration of Gorundu's term as commissioner. I hope the Speaker is able to accommodate this request.

@Sil Dorsett

Noting how close we are to the expiration of this term, and considering I do not wish for his term in office to expire, I motion for an immediate vote and request a duration sufficient for the vote to end prior to the expiration of Gorundu's term as commissioner. I hope the Speaker is able to accommodate this request.

@Sil Dorsett
I second the motion.

Motion to vote and second recognized. Given the urgency of the request, I'll set the vote duration to 3 days, but I'm still going to allow just a few hours for citizens to object to scheduling. This will go to vote at (time=1665432000), which means the vote will end at (time=1665691200). Plenty of time for Gorundu to take their oath if confirmed.

@Pallaith

Back