She/They
TNP Nation
Some Prusmian Drunkard
Discord
Fuber702-2#1858
1eP2QB2.png

From The Office of Forestian Foreign Affairs

From The Minister of Foreign Affairs: Daarwyrth

"Today, a new regional update has been published, and is ready for distribution across our embassy regions... I plan to release a regional update like this on a quarterly basis, so the next one will be the autumn update. Naturally, if there would be any important announcements or events in the meantime, I'll write up the necessary dispatch for you to distribute within your respective regions, thank you all for your time.

Yours sincerely,"

Daarwyrth

Forest Regional Update - Summer 2022

Warm greetings from the verdant woodlands of Forest!

Allow me to begin this update by briefly introducing myself as the new Foreign Affairs minister of our region. To some, I'm perhaps a familiar face (or should I say flag) from the WA or Got Issues? sub-forums, but I'm certain most of you will be seeing me for the first time through this dispatch. I've been a resident of Forest for a couple of years now, and it is an absolute honour and joy to take care of our region's Foreign Affairs department for the first time.

As this year's summer came to an end, and perhaps many breathed a sigh of relief as temperatures dropped and rains started to fall, we in Forest had our biannual Election Season. This election was particularly interesting to us as the previous cabinet had passed a constitutional amendment that saw the installment of a Debate Moderator during the elections. The role of this election officer is to monitor the debates during the campaign week and make sure that all candidates are asked relevant and serious questions as to their plans for our region as Forest Keeper. This election season, and for the first time, the role was bestowed upon Verdant Haven who asked wonderful questions that revealed the intentions and plans of our election candidates. As such, we can conclude that the endeavors of the previous cabinet to create more engagement and serious campaigning during the election season were successfully realized.

Once the voting poll was closed on the 15th of September, the democratic will of Forest was made clear, and Garbelia replaced Jutsa as the new Forest Keeper. Garbelia had secured 19 of the 35 validly-cast votes, and therefore secured a simple majority. Thus, with approximately 54% of the votes secured by one candidate a run-off election between the two candidates that received the highest number of votes was unnecessary. Yet, fortunately enough our region did not have to bid
Jutsa farewell from our regional government, as in their wisdom the new Forest Keeper appointed our former two-term government head as their Deputy.

Shortly upon assuming the mantle of Forest Keeper, Garbelia proceeded to form a new regional government. As a result, these members of our community have been appointed to the following cabinet positions:

The summertime was a quiet moment for Forest. Yet, this year's N-Day activity within our region was once again rekindled as members old and new made their presence known on our Regional Message Board. This resulted in a number of interesting discussions within our public space, and naturally, we welcome any nation from our friends and allies in our embassy regions to participate in our debates and discussions. The more voices are heard, the more perspectives can be shared and horizons broadened.

These regional updates will be released on a quarterly basis, and will briefly detail the most important events that have transpired within our neck of the woods during that time. Yet, if any significant announcements would arise in the meantime, or interesting events be hosted, you can be assured that Forest's Ministry of Foreign Affairs will release a dispatch, and distribute it through our team of ambassadors in a timely fashion.

Thank you for your time and attention in reading this regional update.

Signed,

daarwyrth__137164t2.png
Daarwyrth
Forest's Minister of Foreign Affairs

• 1.1 Fixed an issue with the flags erroring

Last edited:
1eP2QB2.png

From The Ambassador To The North Pacific: Prusmia

Howdy, everyone; I hope you all are doing well. I had to toss this message over the newly constructed border wall to get it to your forum. I hope it didn't get too crumpled up in manufactury or landing (I suck at making paper airplanes).

But anyways, back to more exciting matters! I haven't received any news of a regional update for forest coming for my boss, so I've taken the time to write my own to pass the time; please enjoy this break from the regularly scheduled broadcast; you can find a bucket of popcorn down the hall to the left in the ludicrously dark corner that totally won't suck you into it leaving you trapped in an endless void forever.

All the best; miss y'all already - Prusmia

The Unnoficial Forest Regional Update - Fall/Early Winter 2022
As the leaves turned from verdant green to a crisp mix of oranges, reds, and browns, time marches on and leaves us with the soon-to-be end of 2022. We from Forest wish you all in the North Pacific a Merry Christmas, Maxmass, Hannukah, or whatever other holiday-related celebration you attend.

To start with the elephant in the room... Or rather, the wall on the border.

As some of you may know..., Forest recently closed its embassy with The North Pacific. A "No Soliciting Sign" has been enshrined upon the gates of Forest alongside the wall that has been constructed between the two regions. Though I'm obviously being humourous, I will note: The closure of the embassy again is not an action taken against the North Pacific, nor is the action the official statement of the Forest Government; it was merely a measure taken as a (possibly temporary) measure to take care of particular "whirlwind" members of the region.

Alongside this, action is underway to handle the issue and contact members of The North Pacific Executive Government. I will however note that action may be delayed for a time due to a current stability issue with the Minister Of Foreign Affairs, Daarywrth. As of today (12/13/22), Daarwyrth has not logged into the site in 24 days. This leaves the Forest Government in a slight pickle as without an official action from the Minister; little action can be taken outside of my influence with this account and the direct word of the Forest Keeper, who at the time is waiting to see if Daarwyrth will be signing back in or not. Until a New Minister of Foreign Affairs is elected, or until Garbelia declares a stance of action to take to establish relations, little can be done to make an official mark on the future of the relationship between Forest and The North Pacific.

On a slightly happier note!

The 8th Forest Photo Contest: (Found Here) continues on. Members of The North Pacific are encouraged and invited to join in and submit photos to the Contest; below for those interested in a small look at some of the photos that have already been submitted:

92qiS9W.jpg

Pictured: "Portal Into The City" By Valentine Z
pL70CDa.jpg

Pictured: "Enveloped By The Fog" By noah2 (Nation Unkown)

ddwcfYO.png

Pictured: "Autumn Leaves" By Luca (Nation Unkown)

Submissions are welcome and open until December 23rd at 23:59 GMT for anyone interested in participating in the Contest. The Contest could always use more submissions, and we'd be happy to accept them from you all:

Submission Info:

You may submit up to 12 photos in total. You may choose how to divide those among the different categories, but please do not submit more than 12.
The photos must be taken by you but can be taken at any time (not just during the Contest).

Categories:
  • Trees (this category is permanent each year)
  • Motion (photos portraying movement, action, and dynamicity)
  • Sunrise/Sunset (for all your dawns and dusks)
  • Humans in Nature (photos presenting human signs or objects set within the vastness of Nature: how human presence is subsumed by, blends into, or imitates into the natural world)
Participation "Incentives":
The photographers with the top three photographs in each category will have their photos acknowledged on our RMB, on our World Factbook Entry, and potentially in our next foreign update. A banner will also (hopefully) be created with a collage of the top photos to applaud the winners, and participants in the competition will be encouraged to add it as their nation's custom banner. Forest's flag will also be changed to the 1st place photos in each category for a week after the Contest.

Any questions about the Contest should be directed to Mount Seymour.

The Union Council of Forest

Recently, the Lore Keeper of Forest, Kase, announced the resurrection of the old Union of Forest, a body within Forest dedicated to semblances and organization of IC roleplay events, the organization Kase proposed to rephrase the old Union as the newly christened "Council of Forest" (Not at all affiliated with the Council of Europe) to act as the new body to replace the now defunct Union. The program is attempting to organize regional roleplay events involving Parliamentary decisions and a council of all the region's IC (In Character) nations, along with a decision-making body where people can hack away at the funniest things this world has to offer... Trade disputes and taxes! Wow, so exciting, I know, but for those looking to scratch that roleplay itch, such as myself, the Council is a welcome addition to the repertoire of Forests collections.

While plans are still vague, mainly due to the involvement of personal lives mucking things up, issues have sprung up, and little detail can be divulged about the inner workings of the Council, plans of which are still being sewn together and for that, I apologize and also move cleanly into the next segment.

Some Apologies For The Delay:

As mentioned earlier, Daarwyrth, the writer of the previous article, has gone silent as of late. As such, I've taken it upon myself to make my own little ditty on the whole matter. I hope you all liked my slightly more "humorous," if you'd call it, approach to writing parts of this. However, I'm still working on things, and your feedback would be certainly appreciated. I also sorta had to stretch this out a bit because I wasn't sure what to write about. But enough about that, I think I've covered the most important topics for now. Happy extremely belated Halloween (After all, this was supposed to be the fall addition, but that one never got written), And a happy holidays to you all.

Signed,

Prusmia, Ambassador To The North Pacific.

Happy Holidays everyone. I hope you enjoyed reading this and looking at the lovely pictures; any questions can be submitted via discord or telegram. But in the meantime, I'm going to take a nap as writing makes me tired; I'll see you all in the next update for winter, whether self-published or official note from the Foreign Affairs Minister.

Edit: Formatting after I realized I didn't center the images.

Last edited:
1eP2QB2.png

New MoFA appointment:

We finally have a new appointment for Minister of Foreign Affairs lined up, so it is my pleasure to announce Prusmia as the new member of the shelf, to be appointed by Ruinenlust with powers of communications, embassies and polls!

As ever, positions in the shelf to help out remain open, so feel completely free to enquire about any particular roles.

Keep doing Forest-y things,
Garbelia

"Well, I guess I'm the Minister of Foreign Affairs now..." - Prusmia, Ambassador To The North Pacific & Minister of Foreign Affairs for Forest.

Last edited:
Back