RolePlay Moderator
-
Deputy Speaker
-
-
-
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Davidianian failed the admin check here and appealed their rejection here. They have not been confirmed by administration to have been linked to another forum account or be using a proxy, have a resident nation that is a member of the World Assembly, and have not already had their rejection upheld by the Regional Assembly.

Pursuant to 6.1.10-14 of the Legal Code, this qualifies Davidianian to have this rejection debated by the RA and potentially overturned - at which point they would be granted citizenship contingent on continued WA residency in the region excepting participation in NPA operations.

Please ask any questions you may desire to ask of @Davidianian in this thread. This is not the appeal's official debate thread.

Last edited:
You are logging in from a business ip. What is preventing you from logging in with a residential ip?

Hi @Davidianian, what do plan to do if you are awarded citizenship?
I would primarily like to get involved with one of the ministries. I’m not sure if citizenship is required to RP, but I’d also like to participate there. I’m trying to start slow to avoid getting too overwhelmed, but I would like to assist with Ministry work.

You are logging in from a business ip. What is preventing you from logging in with a residential ip?
I’m still at a loss as to why it pinged business. Nothing is preventing me from doing so, since it is a home Wi-Fi network I’m on. I haven’t used Wi-Fi anywhere outside the home in several weeks. I can try logging out and back in if that would make a difference.

Edit: had trouble quoting within my original post, apologies for the double post. Also: my wifi provider is Verizon, which may account for the issue.

Last edited:
I’m still at a loss as to why it pinged business. Nothing is preventing me from doing so, since it is a home Wi-Fi network I’m on. I haven’t used Wi-Fi anywhere outside the home in several weeks. I can try logging out and back in if that would make a difference.

Edit: had trouble quoting within my original post, apologies for the double post. Also: my wifi provider is Verizon, which may account for the issue.
I would like to point out that wifi does not equal ip. I myself had the issue of not being on a residential ip. I was not on a business ip, though, so not sure of the issue here. As far as I'm aware, citizenship is not required at least for rmb rp.

Do you know if Verizon offers residential ips?
Also, how long have you been on ns and/or tnp?

I would like to point out that wifi does not equal ip. I myself had the issue of not being on a residential ip. I was not on a business ip, though, so not sure of the issue here. As far as I'm aware, citizenship is not required at least for rmb rp.

Do you know if Verizon offers residential ips?
Also, how long have you been on ns and/or tnp?
I assume they do because we got a modem for residential use about a year ago.
I’ve been on TNP since the beginning of July this year, I believe the 1st actually. I founded my nation in 2012.

@Davidianian Can you give us an overview of what you have done in NationStates and in TNP?

I'll echo Pinguioris in saying that citizenship isn't required for RP, either RMB or Forum RP. Participating in ministries is a case-by-case basis, so I'd like to ask what ministries are you most interested in and why?

In NationStates, I actually hadn't been particularly active in any region until I joined TNP, aside from joining the WA and voting. I spent years just answering issues every few days, with the occasional glance at the official NS forums. Joining TNP is actually what inspired me to change that.
In TNP, I've mostly spent time on the RMB, getting to know the culture and values within the region. I joined the discord server for TNP, but aside from a few messages, I mostly lurk there. This is typical of my MO, which is to lurk for quite a while before I get truly comfortable. I've been highly active on the RMB, where I believe I've established myself as a friendly, rule-abiding presence. I do my best to welcome even newer members than myself, answer basic questions on the information I've learned about TNP (I ask a profuse amount of questions anyway), and I try to focus on clearing up confusion about the endotarting process.
I would say the vast majority of my time in TNP so far has been spent on endotarting. I learned of the benefits, read through all the information on the functions, limits, and necessity of endorsements in TNP (it's one of the main draws of the region I think), and tried to encourage others to participate.
The ministry that most interests me is the Foreign Affairs Ministry. I read over Minister Hulldom's May address and I believe that is where I have the most to offer. I am someone who values the power of tact, I relish the opportunity to research and learn as much as I can about the relationships between TNP and other regions (which I am sure would take a long time to form even a basic understanding of), and I already tend to spend time lurking other regions simply to get an idea of the activity and values there.
Other than participating in ministries, I would also like to get involved with WA policy and proposals. I would like to learn more about the drafting process and assist in optimizing draft proposals if I can. Though I am unsure if this requires citizenship, I do think being a fully participating citizen would offer a better foundation to do so.

In NationStates, I actually hadn't been particularly active in any region until I joined TNP, aside from joining the WA and voting. I spent years just answering issues every few days, with the occasional glance at the official NS forums. Joining TNP is actually what inspired me to change that.
In TNP, I've mostly spent time on the RMB, getting to know the culture and values within the region. I joined the discord server for TNP, but aside from a few messages, I mostly lurk there. This is typical of my MO, which is to lurk for quite a while before I get truly comfortable. I've been highly active on the RMB, where I believe I've established myself as a friendly, rule-abiding presence. I do my best to welcome even newer members than myself, answer basic questions on the information I've learned about TNP (I ask a profuse amount of questions anyway), and I try to focus on clearing up confusion about the endotarting process.
I would say the vast majority of my time in TNP so far has been spent on endotarting. I learned of the benefits, read through all the information on the functions, limits, and necessity of endorsements in TNP (it's one of the main draws of the region I think), and tried to encourage others to participate.
The ministry that most interests me is the Foreign Affairs Ministry. I read over Minister Hulldom's May address and I believe that is where I have the most to offer. I am someone who values the power of tact, I relish the opportunity to research and learn as much as I can about the relationships between TNP and other regions (which I am sure would take a long time to form even a basic understanding of), and I already tend to spend time lurking other regions simply to get an idea of the activity and values there.
Other than participating in ministries, I would also like to get involved with WA policy and proposals. I would like to learn more about the drafting process and assist in optimizing draft proposals if I can. Though I am unsure if this requires citizenship, I do think being a fully participating citizen would offer a better foundation to do so.
I offer my full support behind you, and I would like to work alongside with you or anyone else in any future WA proposals that would benefit the NS world.

Hi there! From what you have posted, I think you might be a good fit in the Home Affairs Ministry and the World Assembly Affairs Ministry. Unless the policy has changed, I believe residency (and not citizenship) is sufficient for admission into both ministries (inviting @Kastonvia and @Chipoli to authenticate) and you can apply there. Admission into Home Affairs Ministry likely puts you in a position to do more of the first one, while admission into the World Assembly Affairs Ministry would give you a backroom insight into IFVs, discussions with some of TNP's best in the WA sphere, and an avenue to pursue your interest in WA proposals.

Back