-
Pronouns
He/Him
TNP Nation
Wireennas
Zullath, Phelcian Space
Hiclelina City
1400 Hours

Opiter Gordio sighed as another mountain of datapads was dropped off at his desk. After the conquest of Phelcian Space was concluded, House Therro had been awarded a large part of the sector as compensation for their troubles. Margrave Vermillion Therro had immediately assigned a number of individuals to act as planetary governors during the reconstruction of the acquired territory. In reality, that meant each governor was essentially responsible for cleaning up the mess the Therron Military had made during the invasion.

And boy, what a mess they made!

Weeks had passed and reconstruction was still proceeding along at an agonizingly slow rate, far slower than House Therro had hoped for. Millions were still without power, homes, and resources, while clashes and riots occurred each and every day between the native Phelcian population and the occupying Therron forces. Personally, Gordio was horrified and disgusted by the creatures called “Phelcians”. Large, Reptiod like aliens, they only ever seemed to cause trouble for Gordio, either spouting nonsense at him in their strange alien tongue or barely conveying news in broken Common to him. They were lazy, belligerent, and filthy creatures, ones who seemingly never knew their place. Why couldn’t they just accept their new status? Clearly they needed to understand that House Therro was simply superior to them in all aspects of life. How they couldn’t see and accept that simple fact was beyond Gordio’s comprehension.

Regardless of his personal disgust, he still had a job to do, that job being the restoration of Zullath to its pre-war “glory”. As one might imagine, such a task was a monumental one in size and scope, and it was unlikely that Gordio would be able to finish it any time soon.

Suddenly, a Hologram transmission popped up onto his desk, its sender being…Vermillion Therro himself! Gordio straightened up in his hoverchair, adjusted his administrator's uniform and accepted the transmission with the best fake smile he could manage.

“Lord Therro! What a pleasant surprise! What can I do for you this fine day, your grace?”

“Afternoon, Gordio. I wished to simply check in on the progress of your reconstruction efforts. How goes things on your end?”

Gordio coughed for a moment before answering back:

“Oh, absolutely fine! Everything is just splendid! Why, I believe we may even be ahead of schedule!”

“Oh?” Vermillion said with a grin. “That's not how things look to me.”

“I’m sorry, your grace?” Gordio responded in a confused manner.

Suddenly, the transmission cut off, and the sliding doors to Gordio’s office slammed open, revealing Vermillion Therro and a team of Therron Huscarls backing him up. Gordio nearly fell out of his chair upon seeing him.

“Ah, your g-g-g-grace!” Gordio stammered as he attempted to remain upright. “I was not aware of your personal presence here”, he muttered as Vermillion and his security team entered.

“Oh, you know me”, Vermillion said with barely concealed malice. “I always make sure to check up on my projects. After all, its of the upmost importance to ensure they’re carried out correctly.”

“Of course, of course, your grace! Naturally everything you say could not be more true!”

“Mhm.” Vermillion responded as he picked up a desk decoration off of Gordio’s desk. “I know I speak the truth, Gordio, you do not need to tell me the meaning of my own words. More to the point, Gordio, I cannot say I share the same assessment of our current situation.”

“Oh, well, there are always bound to be some hiccups here and there, haha. For example, that dammitable Inquisitor made a surprise visit of his own around last week. He insisted that I divert some of our budget into the construction of a new Piathan Church for the aliens. Can you believe it? FOR THE ALIENS, he said. ‘They need both physical and spiritual nourishment’, he told me. HA! What a load of Dibperdung, I tell you! You know just yesterday I caught those Phelcian scum-”

Whatever Gordio was going to say, he suddenly found that he could no longer speak. In fact, he suddenly found that he could no longer move at all, as if he was somehow bound to his hoverchair. He began to sweat profusely as Vermillion’s Huscarls locked eyes with him, their helmets fully obscuring each of their faces. Vermillion continued playing with Gordios desk decoration, as if nothing strange was happening.

“Yes, very interesting, but here’s the thing Gordio: I don’t care. I don’t care for your rampant speciesism, I don’t care for your complete and utter lack of backbone, and I especially don’t care for the lies and deceit you’ve been trying to push past me. Did you really think you could insult my intelligence as if I wouldn’t notice?”

By this point Gordio could barely hear him due to an immense ringing in his ears. He could feel his heart begin to beat faster and faster, as if it would explode at any moment.

Vermillion continued speaking: “You’re probably wondering while you’re still breathing at this point, Gordio. I certainly would be if I were in your current predicament. Well, allow me to be blunt: the only reason you’re alive, indeed, the only reason you got this post in the first place is because you’re Caesonia’s flesh and blood relation. That's it. I would have rather anyone else take the position, but Caesonia begged and pleaded with me. ‘Please Vermillion, he justs needs a chance to shine, I know he's up to the job!’, that sort of thing. How could I say no to her?”

“And so the job was yours, Gordio. But let me tell you, you’ve certainly tested my patience to the limit. Between the rampant delays, the outward hostility to the Phelcians, the funds you’ve been embezzling-”

At this point Gordio tried to scream, but nothing would come out. The ringing was getting louder and louder, his heart was beating faster and faster, and he was sweating more and more profusely with each passing second

“Yes, by the way, I know about the embezzling, between all that, I’m about at my limit. So, before I did something rash, I decided to come visit you personally to convey my intentions. So let me crystal clear.”

Gordio suddenly collapsed to the ground, gasping for air as he coughed and sputtered. One of Vermillion’s Huscarls had been psionically assaulting him, the results of which were often quite devastating to those unlucky enough to experience such a thing. Vermillion crouched down next to Gordio, his hatred of the man now plain to see.

“I will be hosting a conference here on this planet in the next couple of cycles. This conference will be hosting the three other great houses that assisted in the destruction of Phelcian Space. It is of VITAL importance that this conference goes off without a hitch. As such, it is also of vital importance that the Conference Hall is completed on time to all specifications. I do not care how you get it done, just ensure that it is completed by the assigned date. And enough of your squabbling with the Phelcians, I cannot risk any sort of attack on the building or delegations once they arrive here. Am I understood?”

Gordio weakly looked up at Vermillion as he frantically nodded his head ‘yes’.

“Good. Then I believe my business here is concluded.”

Vermillion turned to leave, followed by his guards. Just before he exited his office, he said to Gordio:

“Oh, and one more thing. Mention any of this to Caesonia, and I’ll have you wishing for death with what happens next.”

With that, Vermillion exited Gordio’s office. Gordio pulled himself up off the floor by grasping onto his desk, and managed to sit back down in his chair. He frantically began prioritizing the construction of Vermillion’s Conference Hall. He was far too terrified to consider what would happen if he didn’t.

“To the most Noble leaders of Houses Serthozzia, House Beutelg, and House Rhodes: Duke Enrann Piteroos Haygoni, grand destroyer of all Phelcian heretics, Count Baugulf Beutelg, steadfast friend and ally of the emperor, and Margrave Aaron Rhodes, defender and protector of the Imperium:

His Lordship Margrave Vermillion Therron formally invites you all to attend conference on the former Phelcian world of Zullath, to discuss matters relating to the governing of Phelcian Space and its interior territories. The Margrave firmly believes that such men of your character and conviction will only benefit from having such a discussion, and that by doing so, will see their prestige and fortune increase to levels previously unimaginable. The Margrave is convinced that such a conference will serve to only strengthen our inter-house ties further and allow us to overcome any obstacle that we may face in our long and storied reigns. The Margrave eagerly awaits your reply, and welcomes you with open arms!

Feel free to bring your own security detail, although security will be provided for the duration of the conference. Accommodations will be available on site as well, with only the most luxurious options having been considered for this historic visit.”

NOTICE TO ALL THERRON PEACEKEEPERS AND PERSONNEL:

Any attempts by agents and affiliates of House Valin to gain entry to the conference are to be immediately DENIED on the spot. Peacekeepers are expected to be polite yet firm in their refusal to grant entry into the conference hall. No specific reason is to be given for denial to the conference chambers. Should House Valin become belligerent or persistent in their attempts to enter, they may then be detained by NON-LETHAL force if necessary. There are to be no slayings of House Valin personnel during the duration of the conference.

Should any high-ranking House Valin officials or even Archduchess Amelia Valin attempt entry, they are to be stalled for as long as possible and prevented from accessing the inside of the venue. The Margrave should be immediately alerted to such persons; he will personally deal with them should they try to make any additional moves.

Discussion of matters relating to the conference, along with any recording or reproductions of conversations inside are strictly PROHIBITED. Those who break this rule will be punished most severely.

OOC: Welcome @Prydania, @Tardine, @Aestii and @Greater Ale Permars to our little get together! Feel free to respond to the invitation when you can; once everyone has, I'll write about what the venue actually looks like along with some other background related items (let me know if you wanna RP actually getting there or if we should just proceed straight to the actual conference itself). I also made this a separate thread but I can put it in the other one if its deemed necessary. Looking forward to our RP!

Ernikaadt
Homeworld of House Serthozzia
At dawn

The stars' light faded as the sun was rising on the dark golden horizon, signature of a normal summer Ernikaadt dawn. There were no clouds visible in the sky but the ones in Enrann's mind, who didn't get any sleep at night, troubled by the many responsibilities he had gained ever since he became the leader of House Serthozzia. Today, he would have to deal with the new Serthozzian-controlled Phelcian's land, which was also part of his duties as the Duke. The teenager was already tired of dealing with those treacherous aliens from the day he met them. However, it was his call to command them now, as it was granted (more like demanded) by the Church itself.

"At least someone who really has the abilities needed to rule will take over them", thought him as he stood up to get dressed. After doing that, he looked through the large window into the dark outside and wondered why things were this way. "If my father was here, he...", muttered the guy to nobody in particular, "oh, no, I shouldn't be living in the past. He isn't here to guide me anymore. My path is my own." The sun was finally showing itself in the sky to what would be a beautiful morning were it not for the planet's very low temperatures and its almost complete lack of wildlife.

"It's pretty ironic", said him while looking past the window to the dome beyond that protected them from the toxic environment. "To think this planet would have the perfect conditions to properly shelter humans, were not for this stupid chlorine composed atmosphere. And ammonia oceans. And a toxic atmosphere. And a deadly environment. In fact, this planet is exactly like us, Serthozzians. We're living so close to perfection but can't achieve it. We keep close to real power but are never able to grab it. We have almost livable conditions, but it's never enough. Our planet looks marvelous, even though it can kill us within hours if we let it. Just like us, I guess."

He gazed at the city below and murmured to himself "I wonder if I'll ever see the end of the habitability fixing efforts. Or the Serthozzian House gaining more power..." Before long, his endless mutterings and unholy thoughts were finally interrupted by a gentle knock on the door, presumably Vannie, since she said the night before that she would call him early. Then, after hearing no response for a short while, a kind voice calls out for the Duke:

"Your Grace, Duke Enrann?" She pauses a second, waiting for an answer. "Are you awake yet?"

"Yes, Vannie..." He opens the door and lets her in. "Please come in."

"You look like someone who can't get a good night's sleep in several weeks." He gives her a cold, icy stare. "With all due respect, Your Grace."

"I've told you countless times to call me by my name, Miss Herlay." Then he sits down in the bed and gestures to her to do the same. "Sit down, please. We still have some time left, don't we?"

"Yes, Your Gra- Enrann." She sits down glaring at the Duke's face, fearing that she could awaken his anger at any moment. "What would you like to discuss?"

"Nothing, actually." He says that while frowning at her startled look. Suddenly, he says: "Actually, I was thinking about my past... I remember vividly the day when I tried to leave the Dome and almost died, then a guard found me and took me back home. Thankfully we both survived and-"

"That's not what happened." Vannie interrupts him then looks away, to the window's direction. "You don't remember it well because you were only five back then, but I was old enough to remember it."

"What happened, then?" Enrann forces her to look at him, when she doesn't answer. "Care to enlighten me?"

"You survived, despite being intoxicated and staying in a coma for months." She trails off for a moment, eyes tearing. "The other man, the guard, however, did not have the same luck."

"The other man, you say..." Enrann then, looking confused, put his hand on hers as she remained silent. "Were you two close? Family or something like that?"

"He was my father, so I guess we were pretty much close." He looks at her with a hint of sadness while she brushes away a tear. "They tried to save him, but he was way older than you and couldn't bear the damage dealt to his lungs."

"Oh my. I am so sorry Vannie..." She shrugs off and gets up, heading towards the door. "Why didn't you tell me sooner?"

"You never asked me before." The Duke stares at her blankly for a few moments until she bursts out laughing. "You should have seen your face, it was so funny to see your numb look. Now let's go, we have a long day ahead of ourselves and we can't waste any more time on sentimentalism."

"Yes, Your Grace..." He says with a hint of irony as he got up at which she rolled her eyes. "Always pleased to obey you, as you're the royalty here."

"You are ridiculous, you know that?" He cocks an eyebrow to her feigning being hurt until she apologizes, saying: "Of course, it is with all due respect, Your Grace."

"That's way better, Duchess Vannie." Enrann sticks his tongue out to her and she says pointing to the door. "We must go now, Enrann. Seriously."

"Whatever." he says with a shrug while they leave the room.

They both head out for the Star Jumper, just as the sun was rising high in the Ernikaadt's clear yellowish sky, washing away the hopes of having watery rain for once. The planet's temperature never got past the melting point of water, despite the efforts of all previous Serthozzian leaders, including Enrann's father. It seemed to the Duke that this would be another rainless summer, but he still hoped that the changes they've made on the environment would be enough to make the planet habitable someday. Unfortunately, for the young Duke, there are more pressing matters other than fixing the harsh environment of his homeworld. The Phelcians required that their leader showed up in their most populated world, also known as "the desert world of Helvika".

Helvika, the "desert" world
Phelcian Serthozzia
By noon

It was hot, pretty goddamn hot. Enrann couldn't feel it yet, but as the spaceship descended from the sky, he saw the tall orange plateaus and the few lakes along with thin rivers scattered across the barren land. An enormous lake, however, stretched for kilometers and, by its borders, a bunch of settlements could be seen. A big city lying in the northeastern section of the inland sea was, presumably, the planet's capital. It was very different in constitution from the other settlements, seemingly way more developed and provided with a couple of greenish areas, probably some woodland bathed by the scarce rivers that cut through the city.

The Duke already knew how to win those people's hearts. There were more humans than aliens on this planet, so all he would need to do was to assure people they would be highly benefited by his rule if they solely gave to him their unconditional support. Seemed easy enough to him. It was true until he left the comfort of his ship, when the heavy gravitational pull made it hard for him to even stand erect. "Perhaps I should have worked out more", said him in a muffled tone to his advisor, Vannie. She was facing the same struggle as well, but her smaller complexion made it easier to walk down the narrow path towards the city hall.

Using his advantage in the whole situation, he walked at a slower pace through the packed street, walking in a regal way while the short people looked up at him, in awe of his royal demeanor and ducal clothes. Enrann then proceeded to get on stage after a few minutes of walking and demanded people to end their murmuring. A few moments later, everyone was dead silent on the plaza in front of the city hall, where he would give his discourse. The Duke looked down at the curious faces of those present and at the old fashioned broadcasting apparatus before beginning his speech with a smile:

"Dearest friends, human and aliens, who live together as one kind, servants of one Imperium. My name is Duke Enrann Piteroos Haygoni, leader of House Serthozzia, and I will be your new ruler from now on. We know that, despite being accused of triggering the little Phelcian rebellion, you are a peaceful lot." There are some angry shouts made by a few aliens in the crowd but Enrann silences them with a hand gesture. "Now, if you'd let me speak, I will gladly tell you what I came to say before leaving you to your more... mundane affairs. I am aware that you couldn't care less about what the Church wants from you, but-"

New shouts rage across the gathered people, human and phelcians alike revolted with the mention of the Church, screaming obscenities, much to the young Duke's anger. However, if anyone noticed the ever so slight flicker of pure rage on Enrann's face, they chose to ignore it. He, once again, gestured vivdly asking for their silence. "I won't tolerate any other signs of disobedience. As you may have noticed, my military fleet did not come along with me. However, if you prove yourselves to be a stubborn crowd, I might need to call the Serthozzian army and let them deal with you." He pauses to look directly at their frightened faces, then steps closer to them as if he was telling his utmost secret. "Now, I must warn you that they won't be as gentle as I am. They might leave a burning trace of destruction that nobody, including myself, wants."

Everybody remains silent, frozen in place, as he stands up again, slowly savoring the effect of his speech on them. The young man stays silent for a while, much to the horror of the crowd, as they fear they've awakened the Duke's angriness and lost his most graceful favor. After perceiving their astonished looks, he began once again to speak, smirking to himself. "Very well. I was wondering when I'd get you to finally shut your damn mouths. We can now discuss the peaceful occupation terms. First of all, the rules you have to follow are these:

I. You shall never disobey or defy the Imperial authority represented by me, Duke Enrann Piteroos Haygoni, nor by any representatives appointed by me.
II. The Church's wills are to be obeyed, not questioned. If you believe it or not, it's none of my concern. However, defying their authority is the same as defying the Imperium's.
III. Don't try to get any advantage from the distance that separates the Serthozzian main Duchy and this part of it, we'll always know what you are up to.

If, and only if, you are able to follow these simple rules, there will be all sort of benefits from the much benevolent House Serthozzia to you all. The benefits will be lined with your needs, things like water, any kind of resources you'd like to have and the state-of-art technology we have. You'll also be able to make a fair amount of profit, after you've paid your debts to any creditors left, of course. If we have enough funds for it, hell, we could even make this planet a waterpark!" He makes another pause, his last, while the enchanted looks of the peasants were making him proud of himself. Enrann savored his victory, before saying the last words of his speech.

"Now, if you agree with what's proposed and want all the benefits of the Serthozzian rule, raise your fist to the sky and scream at the top of your lungs: 'For Serthozzia and for the Empire!'" The moment after the Duke finishes his talk, a few fists go high, then everyone else does the same, while shouting the chant: "For Serthozzia and for the Empire!". The few daring souls that did not join the loud cheering were arrested by their own local police staff and dragged away from the now happy commotion.

Feeling satisfied, Duke Enrann turns his back to the joyous crowd and prepares himself to enter aboard the Star Jumper once again. The day was far from over but he was already feeling tired. At least this time everything went according to the plan. He didn't know for sure if the same would apply for the Phelcian Conference, which was being held by the Margrave of Therro on the "heretic world of Hadrox", home of the most rebellious species this Imperium has ever saw.

His troubled thoughts, at last, were interrupted by a different chant echoing through the spaceship's walls. This one was enough to make a true smile, the first on days, appear on Enrann's lips. Everyone down there was shouting "All hail our Duke Enrann, the one who takes our matters to his heart!". They kept screaming even as the Star Jumper ascended to the sky, before finally jumping towards Hadrox. Enrann looked smirking at Vannie, who was reading a book next to him, then commented: "What a funny lot. This morning they would kill me without thinking twice. Now they literally adore me. All because I made a bunch of promises. Were the circumstances that brought us together different, I could perhaps like them."

But the circumstances weren't different. So he left them alone and headed towards whatever destiny was reserved for him at the meeting.​

in orbit around Zullath

Aiden Rhodes looked across the table at his cousin Thor. He'd met him a few times, to be sure, but it had been a while. Now his father had taken him under his wing. And Aiden was curious. His cousin was just a year or so older than him but Thor was a Margrave in his own right whereas he still had his father.

In fact... it was at his father's behest that they were both here. But both were waiting for him at the moment.

"You'll need to show me around Ruslsorp some time," Aiden said with a smile.

"You want to come to Ruslsorp?" Thor asked. Aiden was family but he didn't meet many outsiders who wanted to come to the Sordlands.

"Sure!" Aiden replied.
"I got to show you around Holseta! You owe me!" he added with a playful grin.

"Sure thing," Thor replied a bit nervously but returning the smile.
"We don't have anything like the races back home but..." he smiled a bit wider at the thought of his cousin visiting.
"But what?" Aiden asked. Thor's smirk wasn't intimidating. No. He was seventeen and eager for excitement.

"You ever been ice skiing?" Thor asked.

"Wow... I'd..."

Aiden was cut off when the door to the observation deck opened, and Aaron Rhodes walked in. The two teenagers immediately went quiet, as Aaron walked past the table they were sitting at and went right to the window to look at the planet they were orbiting.

"Um... Father?"

Aaron turned, and ran his hand through his hair.

"I want to make something clear about the conference."

"What is it Uncle?" Thor asked nervously.

"What happens here, you two say nothing about the Church. Understood?"

"Killian's the one who cares about that stuff," Aiden replied, referring to his opinionated younger brother.

"Then it should be easy," Aaron replied, before taking stock of his son and nephew's confusion.

"There is an Inquisitor on Holseta," he added.
"The Church has been patient so far because our absence has been in the name of putting down a rebellious House. But now this conference..." he sighed.
"We need to be alert. And not raise any suspicions."

"But the Church has nothing to be suspicious about," Thor replied.
"You saved the Imperium! And when you were younger you defeated a heresy! My father told me stories about it!"

Aaron shook his head.
"Just because we're not heretics doesn't mean we're not in danger from the Church."

Aiden and Thor looked at each other and then Aaron.

"Come on," Aaron said, smiling to bring the mood up.
"It's important the two of you observe me at this conference. And then we'll deal with the bigger things later."

He made his way to the table his son and nephew were sitting at and hit a button.

"Is the shuttle to the surface ready?"

"Aye," Brodie Fisher, Aaron's chief of security replied.

"Excellent."

Aaron turned to the boys.
"Alright. Time for you two to see the sharks feed up close."

dancheng-ye-1.jpg

Zullath, Phelcian Space
Hiclelina City
0800 Hours

It had finished construction far later than Vermillion would have liked, but finally, the Great Phelcian Conference Hall was completed. Opiter was completely useless, it would seem. A massive, sprawling complex of duracrete and steel, the Conference Hall represented a classic example of Therron architecture and engineering. Part hotel complex and part fortress, its large, winding halls had been deliberately designed to be as confusing as possible, to deter any potential attacks and make foreign emissaries feel helpless and off balance. Anyone passing through the complex would soon find themselves in awe of the towering entranceways and sky bound pillars. The fact that such an impressive building could be constructed so soon after the conquest of Zullath was astounding. And many were unhappy with its presence.

The native Phelcian population was undoubtedly opposed to the construction of such a visible symbol of Therron oppression, with riots and protests becoming a daily occurrence. Security had been ramped up to the max, with Therron Troopers patrolling every crook and corner of the complex. Roadblocks and barricades had been erected all around the facility and the airspace around it was strictly off limits to anyone not having the proper clearenace. Security turrets and Therron Mechs kept a watchful eye over the disgruntled Phelcians, waiting for any excuse to start a crackdown. Attacking the complex, or simply gaining illegal entry, would be nearly impossible.

Vermillion quietly walked through the complex as he made his way to the landing pads, flanked by a quartet of Therron Huscarls and a pair of Phelcian Tyrants. A practical man by nature, Vermillion was quick to realize the worth of Phelican soldiery, and quickly began recruiting them into Therron ranks. Phelcian Tyrants are some of the highest-ranking soldiers in Phelcian society, often commanding large contingents of their own. Donning ornate armor and Khor'aik Class Acid Sprayers, they were a fearsome, imposing sight, to say the least. The fact that they were serving Vermillion, willingly or otherwise, truly showed the power that the Therrons held over the planet.

As Vermillion came closer, he could see a number of ships coming down from space, being escorted by F-53 Spectres. These were the delegates' vessels, as each had been personally vetted and approved for landing. Vermillion had deliberately assigned them the farthest landing spaces, forcing them to trek all the way over to the main platforms. As he patiently waited for their arrival, a number of OH-94 Skyhoppers circled overhead, providing security from any potential attackers. One of the Tyrants bristled as he nervously looked around.

"Mine Lord, is such security truly necessary? Surely you are thine undisputed ruler of this planet."

"Steady now Scez'a, this is more for show than anything else. These fools understand little more than power, something I intend to fully display through our little conference here."

"I see. I just-nay, never ye mine, my lord."

"Please Secz'a, by all means, speak your mind."

"I just feel such force will bring thee conflict. Art we not here to make peace with these houses?"

"Easy now, Seca'a, for I have no intention of fighting anyone. Trust in me, and everything will work out as I envision."

"Very well, mine lord."

Vermillion adjusted his formalwear, a nebula-patterned three-piece suit. Upon his left hip sat his personal sword Jupiter's Riposte, an ancient weapon of unknown origin. He also had an M15 Laser Pistol attached to his right leg. One could never be too careful, after all, and even with his personal guard, Vermillion never left anything to chance. He put on his best (fake) smile, cleared his throat, and prepared to greet the incoming delgates...

Zullath, Phelcian Space
Hiclelina City
At morning

Enrann have always found it amusing how one could be, for example, on a planet at evening then arriving at another during noon. He left Hevilka at 1200 and arrived in Zullath at 0800 sharp, for he would not be foolish enough to arrive late for a meeting of this importance. This planet, with its lush green forests and big oceans was seemingly more bearable than the one he was previously. One thing the Duke did notice during the ship's descent was that an enormous contingent of soldiers was barring a massive horde of angry natives, who were trying at any costs to enter the facilities.

"How much do you wanna bet these fools do not even know what's going on?" The Duke whispered to his Advisor, Vannie, who was also looking at the scene unfolding through the bridge's windows.

"Ugh, don't even get me started." She sighed and ran her hands down to her white and gold robe, with stripes of blue, all signatures of the house's colors. "I guess they won't be as friendly as their Helvikan counterparts."

"I'm more worried about the man in charge." He pointed at the non-opulent yet huge building that was inching closer. "Vermillion Terro is a practical man, one of the kind who believes power is supreme."

"Isn't it, Enrann?" Vannie pointed at him. "Look at you, a seventeen year old. Would you ever be deemed fit to rule if you weren't from nobility?"

"You better than anyone should've known that, in the end, it doesn't matter being a snobby noble as much as being a commoner, yet clever, guy." The Duke smiled at her before going on. "No one can outsmart a clever man, even if they are the person who wields the most power in the room."

Enrann noticed the ship stopped moving. "Either way, that's our cue." He activated his Light-barrier* device and a flickering light engulfed him before disappearing. "I hope this thing lives up to the bigger ones."

"You know we've had to lose a few things in order to reduce the barrier's size." Vannie said, activating her own. "It passed all tests and, while it's not a personal Dome nor anything like the Heavy-barriers* but it's better than dealing with them on our own."

"As always, you're right." He said while extending his arm towards her in hopes that they walked together, at which she simply ignored him and started walking alone towards the door. "Well then, let's go Enrann."​

Great Phelcian Conference Hall
Hiclelina City
Still at morning

The two representatives from House Serthozzia walked down the aisle, marching from the landing site towards the building itself. It was a short walk towards the Hall, yet it felt like the way was a kilometer long. The towering building was oppressive and surely showed the most valued trait among the Terron: practicality. There wasn't anything out of place nor anything was there simply to show off. "Quite strange", thought the Duke to himself, "It is not what I'd expect from a noble, even if it's from a lesser house."

"What's yer doin' her'?" Asked a Phelcian soldier as soon as they reached the door, much to the Duke's surprise as he thought there wouldn't be any, at least not in the building itself, in a condescending tone. "This no such place for kid."

"I would be more surprised by your words if it were someone who knows what they are doing." The soldier approached, raising their gun. "You should put that down."

"Why I have to do that, kid?" One could say the Phelcian laughed, but Enrann wasn't sure if the strange sound it made counted as a laugh.

"Because unless you want to die here, you will not point a damn gun to a damn Duke." He shouted and immediately someone rushed and grabbed the soldier's gun.

"Damnit Grob'har!". The man, presumably a Constable of some sorts, vented at the Phelcian, before getting on his knees and apologizing. "My utmost apologies, Your Grace. They are new and are not aware of the rules of polite society. You are really sorry, aren't you?"

He mouthed a silent "get down and apologize" to Grob'har, at which they instantly got down and said. "Sorry mister."

"It's Your Grace, Grob'har." The man said through gritted teeth to the soldier who once again apologized. "Sorry, you Grace."

"You both are very lucky I am well humored today." The Duke said as the other man threw a sigh of relief. "Now, shall you fetch me the Margrave of Terro or should I waste my precious time looking for him?"

"I will call him as of now, Your Grace. Thank you, for your benevolence, Your Grace." Said the man while scurrying off, taking the soldier with him.

"Way to start the meeting." Enrann mouthed to Vannie, who was baffled by the whole situation. She just nodded her head in agreement.

A few moments later, the ageing Margrave of House Terro arrived to greet the Duke. He was wearing a big smile, with a hint of malice behind it. The man looked like a soldier who came straight out of a history book, with both a sword and a gun. He didn't even bother to hide them. Now that was probably his intention, Enrann thought as Vermillion approached. The Margrave wanted to assert dominance and show off his power over the citizens. Sure enough, he was higher than Vermillion, both in rank and in height.

Vermillion, however, despite his apparent disadvantage, stood as an imposing man when he talked. "Your Grace, Enrann." The Duke noticed the sarcastic tone and the lack of proper addressing all the while Vermillion smiled at him. "Welcome to our Conference."

"Margrave. You, as a member of the peerage must know that, in public, one should always address their superiors per rank." Enrann gave these two words special emphasis, as the other man looked slightly annoyed. "Therefore, I respectfully demand Your Most Honored persona to address me correctly."

"Yes, Your Grace Duke Haygoni of House Serthozzia." The Duke could swear he saw Vermilion's eyes twitch for a second. "I thought that perhaps-"

"Let us not delve too much into this matter." He had raised his hand to silence the Margrave. "Shall we head in?"

"Of course, Your Grace." The man said through gritted teeth, not bothering to hide his annoyance anymore.

Vermillion noticed that something was amiss with the Duke, like he couldn't read him at all. Same thing with his Advisor. Could it be that both of them were psionics? He immediately dismissed the thought as absurd. Perhaps they had a blocking device? A shield of some sorts? However, there was nothing that could confirm it. Either way it was time to send off the Duke so he could meet the others. If this kiddo was any sign of how the others would be, this meeting would be a handful.

Enrann perceived that Vermillion was deep in thought so he thought it would be best not to disturb him anymore. He'd already push a button and probably hit a sensitive spot during their earlier talk. As soon as they reached the main room, Margrave left him alone, presumably gone to greet the others. He was confident his barrier could protect him from any trouble, despite its massive drawback: it won't allow one to carry inside it any sort of gun. Hopefully he won't need any, though if things go south he can always steal one of the guards' weapons.

The Duke sat down on his designated seat, the most distant one. Whether it was intentional or not, he didn't care. Enrann would make his presence there noticeable, whether they like it or not.

*Light-barriers and heavy-barriers are almost impenetrable shields, the peak of Serthozzian technology. To destroy it, one should destroy the entire planet as well. The light-barrier is a personal shield, that protects its user from all kinds of misfortunes, including gas poisoning. Heavy barriers are the bigger counterparts and are used by tanks of ships. The Dome is the biggest barrier and encapsulates the entirety of the Serthozzian capital.

Last edited:
Back