Minister of Defense Replacement

Pallaith

TNPer
-
-
-
-
eoJaCFpLwgebkBaFKDqMYnFu73noAg809XSMcsns4lL2ccjS24BFYkJ9jCnymCoFlrkDdyjI_l60gQvh49nweMXX0w1n8Rn6L5Np7YBHbtcSbAZXNTIxauHQsWcutdB30r0NEFPH

Minister of Defense Replacement

This is never the kind of announcement I want to make, but circumstances require it. I was fortunate to have a good team in place when this term began, each persona carefully considered for what they could bring to their respective areas of the executive. Having only seen what he could do in the tail end of MadJack's last term as delegate, we knew that @Cretox had enormous potential to lead the NPA in the crucial times we find ourselves in now. He proved worthy of those expectations as this term has unfolded. What we can never get around however, is that this is a game, and that other responsibilities and necessities will inevitably carry more weight, no matter how much we or the people we rely on to do these jobs may wish otherwise. And we cannot always know what those things are that call people away from us. For that reason I unfortunately cannot provide you any additional insight or information as to why what is transpiring, is transpiring. I can only look at the reality. In two days Cretox will vacate office. Even if that were not the case, we cannot have an army that is without a leader. Times are too delicate, the NPA's role too crucial, and the need for sudden and swift response too likely for us to remain in a holding pattern. I will miss his counsel and his undeniable skill at running military matters for our region, but we have to move forward now, painful as it is.

We are fortunate that @Nimarya has agreed to step in as Minster of Defense once again. Nimarya of course was originally our Minister of Home Affairs, and for personal reasons could not devote the time needed to move the ministry forward under the plan that had been advanced following my campaign for delegate. While her situation largely remains unchanged, she and I both recognize that this role will ask something very different of her, and should be manageable. As a member of our High Command Nim's expertise and advice has been invaluable, and she has been able to capably advise even as she has not been able to take a more proactive role. I appreciate that she is willing to take this step, knowing that it may require some level of sacrifice on her part, and hope that the support she has with the other members of High Command will mitigate somewhat the increased responsibility and time she is taking by coming back in this capacity. Practically speaking her role won't change that dramatically, except that instead of being a leading voice who carries weight in Cretox's absence, she will now be the official leading voice. When I asked Nim to join me this term, I counted on her experience in a different aspect of the executive to enrich our administration. In the end it seems it was this particular expertise that she would be able to share with us. I am happy to have her back, and wish her well. In difficult times like these, we have to be there for each other to move forward in the best way we can. Please join me in welcoming her back to the team, and in wishing Cretox only the best as he navigates whatever it is that he must. Hopefully we will see him around these parts again.

Back