Minister of Eldritch Affairs
-
Pronouns
Eldritch/Horror
TNP Nation
Yamantau/The Black Cathedral
Discord
Mercy#2357
Hey gang, it's Em. You know me by now, and I know a good few of you quite well. I've been around on NS since 2009 doing a little of everything. Now, I'm going to try to run for Delegate and hopefully do right by this region.

I won't go into the usual pandering and political run-around, but I will promise this: a vote for me is a vote for renewal, bringing back fun and excitement to TNP. It's a fair point to raise that not much changes around here; the same three or four folks run for every office, the same handful of people run the ministries, the same events get held every week. It's tiresome. My goals include the streamlining and boosting of productivity of all ministries, putting the military to extensive use against fascist regions, improving on community events and the participation in those events, and a whole host of other fun things.

My opponents will of course call my validity as a contender in this election into question, citing that I spend most of my time in RP or in the Ministry of Media, or perhaps bring up something relating to past offenses. Let me assure you, the past is the past, and I'm here for the right reasons.

On Election Day, make a choice, make a change. Vote Em.

Last edited:
Do you have a view in relation to the legislative ideas put forward in the other platforms?

Do you have any view on what TNP's approach should be to the Frontier/Stronghold idea, in the unlikely event of its implementation in the coming term?

YES YES MORE CANDIDATES MORE CANDIDATES!!! AHAHAHAHAHA... cough excuse me.

a vote for me is a vote for renewal, bringing back fun and excitement to TNP.
What specific things will you do to make TNP more fun and exciting, and in what specific ways is TNP not currently fun or exciting? I know I know, the question sounds silly but just roll with it.

It's a fair point to raise that not much changes around here
Other candidates have extensive sections on what they want to change in each area of government. Why did you opt not to include something similar in your platform, given that you're running on a promise of shaking things up? It's hard to determine what a "change" candidate actually wants to change if they don't offer any specifics, and that makes it hard to determine what exactly it is you're voting for.

the same handful of people run the ministries
Who would you appoint instead (generally speaking- no need to name names)? And more importantly, what specific things would you do to cultivate new talent to run the ministries? You're completely right- stagnation in who we appoint to oversee the government isn't ideal. I think it's something that every reasonable candidate and prior delegate would agree with. So how would you succeed where they have allegedly failed? I highly doubt people appoint the same old faces to their cabinets because they really want to and not because there just aren't that many good options each term. In most cases, at least.

I will, however, note that we have in fact seen new talent. The last few Radio ministers weren't particularly experienced in regional government beforehand, HA has seen new people running it, Hulldom's not exactly new to the game but this is only his second minister term, defense has seen newcomers, and so on.

the same events get held every week
What new events would you like to hold?

My goals include the streamlining and boosting of productivity of all ministries
How?

putting the military to extensive use against fascist regions
Extensive use in what way? More broadly, what's your assessment of where the NPA's at right now? Anything you would change in how the org is run? Any deficiencies you think should be addressed?

Do you see yourself sticking to the policy stance outlined in On Alignment a few months ago?

improving on community events and the participation in those events
How?

and a whole host of other fun things
Could you give some examples?

Since I already asked about the NPA and it feels wrong to only focus on one part of the exec government: what's your assessment of how each ministry's doing right now? Any specific improvements you want to make? Any specific deficiencies you think should be addressed?

"I won't go into the usual pandering and political run-around" followed by "a vote for me is a vote for renewal" (lots of campaigns focus on renewal and outline basically what you've said here) reads a bit strangely, but eh whatever. What exactly do you define as the usual pandering and political run-around? Are your competitors doing it this election?

Back