[PASSED] Appointment of Vivanco as Election Commissioner

Lord Dominator

Citizen
-
-
Delegate St George:
I am appointing @Vivanco as Election Commissioner, subject to a confirmation vote by the Regional Assembly.

@Vivanco has been appointed to serve as an Election Commissioner by Delegate @St George. I open the floor to discussions about this appointment.

Additionally, I invite the Delegate provide statements in support of the appointment.

Once moved, the motion that will be putting to vote for this confirmation is as follows:

Motion:
The Regional Assembly confirms the appointment of Vivanco to the Election Commission.

Vivanco is an experienced Election Commissioner who has taken charge of multiple elections and performed ably in the role.

A citizen chooses to use the private ballot to vote. Is the name of the citizen revealed to the other election commissioners present for the election?

Do you need to adjust start and stop times for time zones during an election cycle?

Do you need to adjust start and stop times for time zones during an election cycle?
More or less. At the time of the start, the date and hour of start are to be coded in Unix timestamps, so that every person across the different timezones will see the start and stop times for their own timezone.

So, in a way, yes, but it is done automatically thanks to forum magic.

I will answer the first question tomorrow for it is late here in. But I wanted to answer this one since it's a simple one and it won't have me ranting about the Legal Code and the Rules of the Election Commission. That shall be a job for tomorrow's Vivanco.

Let's try Dreadton's question a different way:

You are supervising an election. Your partner starts the voting thread at 4:00 PM Eastern Standard Time (GMT-5). On the final day of voting, you discover that your partner didn't use a (time=...) code and manually put in "4:00 PM (your forum time) as the stop time. Because of this, everyone sees the stop time as 4:00 PM their time. Which action should you take?
A: Edit the opening post to insert the correct time code, and end the voting phase at 4:00 PM (GMT-5).
B: End the voting phase at 4:00 PM (GMT-11) to ensure that American Samoa gets up until 4 PM their time.
C: Neither of the above. Explain what you would do differently.

I will do a soft bump of this thread. I would prefer Vivanco answer the question posed before this goes to vote.

I would like first to apologice for taking so long, but here is the reason: My mother has been in the last days unable to move her arm and I have been taking her to the doctor in several ocassions for this, leaving me no time in these last days to answer in proper.

A citizen chooses to use the private ballot to vote. Is the name of the citizen revealed to the other election commissioners present for the election?
Taking in consideration the proposal made by COE back in August of 2018, and my prior experience in the elections, the name of the citizen who chooses to use the private ballot is indeed revealed to the other election commissioners, being only private to the rest of the public of TNP, mostly to allow the Election Commissioners to act with more freedom when challenging votes.

You are supervising an election. Your partner starts the voting thread at 4:00 PM Eastern Standard Time (GMT-5). On the final day of voting, you discover that your partner didn't use a (time=...) code and manually put in "4:00 PM (your forum time) as the stop time. Because of this, everyone sees the stop time as 4:00 PM their time. Which action should you take?
A: Edit the opening post to insert the correct time code, and end the voting phase at 4:00 PM (GMT-5).
B: End the voting phase at 4:00 PM (GMT-11) to ensure that American Samoa gets up until 4 PM their time.
C: Neither of the above. Explain what you would do differently.
This case would be highly irregular, but in the case of this happening, I would not only edit the opening post to insert the correct time code, since legally speaking that election would only run for the period of time stablished by the code, plus it would be unfair if the rest of the world would have had more time to vote when in comparisson to, in this case, American Samoa.
However, I would additionally warn of this edit in public in sake of publicity of the fixing of mistakes and in case of a citizen having a busy schedule and having warped around that schedule to the prior hour.

Thank you all for the patience.

This is now at vote. Voting will last for 5 days, until (time=1650410700) in your time zone. Discussion may continue in this thread.

Back