PotatoFarmers
Discord
Freg#0420
sc.jpg

On Raider Unity
Category: Declaration | Type: Declare
Proposed by: Miravana | Onsite Topic

The Security Council,

Observing the existence of the pan-raider ideology officially known as "Raider Unity",

Confirming the following as the formative tenets of Raider Unity;
  1. Raiders will not interfere in the operations of other raiders, even during times of disagreement;
  2. Raiders will provide other raiders with any information that furthers their causes; and
  3. Raiders will help other raiders on missions when it does not interfere with their own.

Understanding that this ideology exists to further the villainous, raider-led invasions of vulnerable regions by establishing closer coordination and fraternity between raider organizations,

Witnessing the vehement strength of this ideology during the recent occupations of The Mystical Council and A Liberal Haven, as well as the increasing danger caused by the formation of a shared raider staging ground in the region Suspicious,

Discerning that the expansion of raider unity can lead only to future threats to the many regions across NationStates that are vulnerable to raider invasion

Hereby declares Raider Unity to be a threat to the security of the world.
Note: Only votes from TNP WA nations and NPA personnel will be counted. If you do not meet these requirements, please add (non-WA) or something of that effect to your vote.
Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.
Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

ForAgainstAbstainPresent

"On Raider Unity" was defeated 3,393 votes (21.5%) to 12,353 (78.5%).

Last edited by a moderator:
IFV

Overview
Recognizing the accomplishments of raider factions in the past years, this proposal declares the existence of the pan-raider ideology known as "Raider Unity" to be a powerful force capable of sowing terror on the world stage through occupations like those which took place in A Liberal Haven and The Mystical Council. Accordingly, it asseverates the imminent threat such an ideology poses to the vulnerable regions of NationStates, all the while confirming noninterference, the sharing of information, and mutual operations assistance between raider groups as the core tenets of "Raider Unity".

Recommendation
While defining and taking a stance on a major gameplay ideology would theoretically be a perfectly acceptable use for a declaration, this proposal’s context makes it simply infeasible for us to support. Rather than being a good-faith ideological declaration written with the voice of the Security Council as a whole, this proposal clearly serves to glorify a specific raider faction whose interests are not currently aligned with ours and publicly promote their recent undertakings, and was written and submitted by a member of said faction.

For the above reasons, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote Against the Security Council Resolution at vote, "On Raider Unity".

This IFV Recommendation was written in collaboration with our World Assembly Legislative League partners.

Our Voting Recommendation Dispatch--Please Upvote!

Last edited by a moderator:
Have had more time to think this over and I have made up my mind on this. I want to preface my decision by stating that it was informed not so much the geopolitical considerations as it is the purpose of this resolution.

I take pause with the idea of recognizing “Raider unity” not as a geopolitical ideal, but simply in the abstract. Does it make sense for us to finally say “congrats, you’re working together and not biting each other’s heads for?” That’s what the equivalent of recognizing the concept is. Mira told me that this was sort of a historic moment for raiderdom in some ways, with camaraderie overcoming the competition and ego that has so often plagued raider orgs. I don’t necessarily thinks it: something that needs our recognition.

Against.

Last edited:
Against.

This isn't a "raiders condemning raiders as a badge of honor" situation, since no one but the author actually gets a badge from this. It's a group using the SC to define a major GP ideology and firmly place that ideology ICly, and I see nothing wrong with that in itself. It's pretty much what declarations are for. I wouldn't oppose this for those reasons any more than I would oppose a declaration on defenderism being a significant ideology defined as X that is ICly "good." I don't see a credible argument against this that doesn't fall into "IC stance" or "regional interests."

However, it is clearly a promotion of certain raider organizations nonetheless. Therefore, I'm opposed due to said IC stance and regional interests.

Last edited:
This proposal has received the requisite approvals to enter the formal queue. Barring it being withdrawn or marked illegal, it will proceed to a vote at tomorrow's Minor Update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back