Discord
Cretox#0125
ga.jpg

Repeal "Institutional Psychiatry Act"
Category: Repeal | GA 140
Proposed by: Morover | Onsite Topic
Replacement: [Draft] Psychiatric Care Act

The World Assembly,

Believing in the rights of people with mental illness, as laid out by Resolution 140, “Institutional Psychiatry Act”,

Concerned, however, that when discussing the right to freedom of communications that people with mental illness have, that no exception is made for those who are charged with a crime,

Worried that this failure allows criminals with potentially dangerous or otherwise harmful information and just so happen to have a mental illness to release this information to cohorts or the world at large, which may pose a threat to society, and gets in the way of proper justice being delivered,

Believing that this singular oversight is significant enough to justify repeal of Resolution 140, and intending to pass a suitable replacement for the protection of those with mental illnesses,

Hereby repeals Resolution 140, “Institutional Psychiatry Act”.
Note: Only votes from TNP WA nations and NPA personnel will be counted. If you do not meet these requirements, please add (non-WA) or something of that effect to your vote.
Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.
Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

ForAgainstAbstainPresent

"Repeal: 'Institutional Psychiatry Act'" has passed 13,700 votes (84.1%) to 2,592 (15.9%).

Last edited by a moderator:
IFV - For

Overview
This proposal seeks to repeal "Institutional Psychiatry Act." The main reasoning the author provides is its issues regarding the freedom of communications for mentally ill criminals and that in granting this right, it might stand in the way of justice actually being served.

Recommendation
With a proposal in the pipeline that addresses the issue raised in this repeal, we do not see an issue in supporting the repeal. While perhaps a bit short, it communicates a glaring deficiency in its target resolution and shows that it ought to be repealed.

For the above reasons, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote For the General Assembly Resolution at vote, "Repeal 'Institutional Psychiatry Act.'"

Our Voting Recommendation Dispatch--Please Upvote!

Last edited:
This proposal has received the requisite approvals to enter the formal queue. Barring it being withdrawn or marked illegal, it will proceed to a vote at Minor Update on Tuesday, March 16 Wednesday, March 17.

Last edited:
The text in OP appears to be a copy-and-paste of the replacement, rather than the repeal. The contents of the latter are presented in full below:

==========

The World Assembly,

Believing in the rights of people with mental illness, as laid out by Resolution 140, “Institutional Psychiatry Act”,

Concerned, however, that when discussing the right to freedom of communications that people with mental illness have, that no exception is made for those who are charged with a crime,

Worried that this failure allows criminals with potentially dangerous or otherwise harmful information and just so happen to have a mental illness to release this information to cohorts or the world at large, which may pose a threat to society, and gets in the way of proper justice being delivered,

Believing that this singular oversight is significant enough to justify repeal of Resolution 140, and intending to pass a suitable replacement for the protection of those with mental illnesses,

The text in OP appears to be a copy-and-paste of the replacement, rather than the repeal. The contents of the latter are presented in full below:

==========

The World Assembly,

When I tell you I hate myself sometimes. I don't even know how my brain did that.

For. I already made my comments on the draft on the replacement on the Forum, assuming Morover adopts it.

For me, the main issue is either Nurse Ratched (the book or the movie, not Sarah Paulson) or Lisbeth Salander (whichever comparison more relevant to you depending on your age).

Last edited:
For (WA)

Reason: I’m sure that there are other oversights than the one described in the repeal, but the fact that criminals can abuse the resolution that is being appealed is already a major concern and is enough justification for a repeal.

For (WA)

Reason: I’m sure that there are other oversights than the one described in the repeal, but the fact that criminals can abuse the resolution that is being appealed is already a major concern and is enough justification for a repeal.
Just for future reference: you don't need to note (WA) unless you’re either new to the WA. I assume WA unless otherwise noted, hence why we ask for you to note not being in the WA.

This is now at vote and will be for the next 4 days.

For, since it looks like I didn't vote yet.

Last edited:
"Repeal: 'Institutional Psychiatry Act'" has passed 13,700 votes (84.1%) to 2,592 (15.9%). This is author @Morover's 12th General Assembly Resolution authored.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back