AI Regional Office Platforms

Platform 1

Candidate:
Bobby Jones

Position: Delegate

Platform:

The region of The North Pacific has had a really successful term, and I think we should continue on the same path. I think we should continue to expand our regional services, and that means looking to establish more regional institutions in the region.

We should also be looking to develop our own currency, the trading cards. The trading cards are a currency that is very similar to the raiding, and it would be great to see the trading cards used by more and more people in the region. I think we can get there, but we need to work on getting it accepted by more and more citizens.

We should also be looking to establish more authors in the region, and I think we should be looking to get an author license for the North Pacific region. The North Pacific region is a fantastic institution, and it’s really good to see them being so successful in the region, but I think we should be looking to establish a new ministry, and I think we should be looking to get that license.

World Assembly Affairs

The Ministry of World Assembly Affairs has been a really great ministry, and I think we should continue on the same path. I think we should continue to push for more World Assembly options in the region, and I think we should be looking to expand the number of World Assembly options in the region.

I think we should also be looking to improve World Assembly authorship in the North Pacific region. We should be looking to make sure that our author services are in good shape, and we should be looking to expand the number of authors we have in the region. I think we can do that, and I think we should be looking to do that.

I think we should also be looking to improve the infrastructure of the North Pacific region. I think we should be looking to make sure that our administrators are in good shape, and we should be looking to expand the number of reports we have in the region.

I think we should also be looking to improve our The Northern Light options in the North Pacific region. I think we should be looking to expand the number of articles we have in the region.

Culture

I think the Ministry of Culture should continue to be an important ministry, and I think the Ministry of Foreign Affairs should continue to be an important ministry. I think we should look to continue building on the excellent work we’ve been doing to promote The North Pacific's cultural tourism to more and more visitors, and I think we should continue to promote TNP's cultural tourism to more and more visitors.

I think we should continue to work with the TNP Writing Agency to improve writing options in the Northland region, and I think we should also continue to work with the TNP Festival Agency to improve the festivals we have in the region.

Finally, I think we should also continue to work with regional councils and agencies to improve the region. I think we need to continue doing all we can to create staffers, and the best way to do that is to promote work and help people vote for me.

I’ve worked in local government for the past 10 years. These problems are not just affecting this region - we face a much bigger threat in the form of the defenders, who seek to conquer and to conquer us, this time via aggression rather than through diplomacy. The defenders have a goal of invading and conquering all Independent regions - and now they’re at work setting up fake sovereign nations in the North Pacific region, in the hopes of achieving a united front.

The defenders are an obvious problem and they must be dealt with, but it’s easy to see them being a problem for the North Pacific, where we’ve been coexisting peaceably with them, but the issues for the Europe region are far more complex. Whilst the region has peace agreements with this region and the defenders have certain treaty obligations to uphold, they are still nomadic barbarians looking for conflict. But the news that Ten Thousand Islands, who so recently kicked them out, are now a neutral region in the hope of reducing tensions between the defenders and us, is good news.

As TNP is a large region, one of the things we have to do is make sure that the people who hold our flag and represent our interests abroad can speak for us when necessary. We’re an island region, but that doesn’t mean that the government should speak for us all the time. This comes back to the core of this policy, that we mustn’t be a closed society. So, while we wouldn’t be suggesting a policy change here, this is just a thought I’d be proposing:

It’s the classic chicken and egg problem.

Home Affairs

Home Affairs is one of our more interesting ministries in this next term, and so it’s great to see its efforts being recognised.

And finally, looking forward, we are currently in the process of getting our regional telegrams back up and running. This has been some of the quietest hard work ahead of us I’ve been a part of, but it needs doing.

I hope everyone can come along to my coup talk on Friday. I’m sure we’ll have a few things to chew on with our favourite raiders across the table from us, the horrible head delegate of TWP, and his deranged scribblings about why defending is so wonderful and why we’re the most beautiful lot of human beings he has ever met. We’ll have cake, and cake, and cake.

Though we do not have the firestorm meltdown of a year ago, we have to be careful not to stagnate or abandon our decline. There is so much more to do and so many opportunities for growth. We need to embrace the challenges and use the speed of the past seventeen years as a foundation for what is to come. We must take every opportunity to push to have the hard conversations, to better our chances of not just growing the talent we have, but also recruiting the talent we do not have.

As the regional government, we are first and foremost one of the bigger components in our world player base. The defender and raider player base is large and diverse. Over one hundred nationalities live within it. We have never had an opportunity to communicate with the wider game like this and I believe it is important we take the time to reach out to our friends across the ocean. We are all one. We are all connected. We are all warriors. We are all TNP.

As the proud regional candidate of the North Pacific region, I leave you with a great region.

Platform 2

Candidate:
Tomopolis

Position: Vice Delegate

Platform:

I will be running for the Vice Delegate position. I have been an active participant in the administration and development of the region and have a strong reputation for honest, reliable, and responsible work in numerous fields.

As the Vice Delegate, I will hopefully be able to introduce an old-school approach to regional affairs, with a focus on security and stability. There is a need for a more nuanced and differentiated way to oversee that aspect of our region, and I’ll look for ways to push towards this in the future.

I would like to work with the Ministry of Communications and the Ministry of Home Affairs to focus on progressing our TG and WADP infrastructure, especially through partnerships with new players and foreign regions. This could even extend to large card programs that support endorsements or traditional SC events. I believe that endotarting is key to the success of the SC in the next generation, and that significant investment will be required to achieve the goals I've put forth.

As a less tangible but no less important part of my role, I intend to continue the proud tradition of acting as a resource backstop for the SC and executive council. This is vital to guaranteeing a smooth running and smoothly operable region, and it also prevents situations where the Chair or Ministers are undermined by a single or small faction from their region. I believe in the potential of the SC to be a powerful institution in the region, and I would like to be able to be a part of that process, from a leading position, ensuring the Council does not reach conclusions that will be unworkable.

Current representation of TNP's citizens in the SC is less than ideal. How do you think we can improve our citizens’ access to SC decision-making? What are the main obstacles?

A Plan for Next Term

Our current system is being held together by a thread. A small number of citizens sit in both the Security Council and the government, and, because of an overlapping membership, they can be seen as inaccessible to TNP as a whole. It is not just the Security Council members who are problematic, though.

I would like to see a more holistic approach to developing the transparency of the SC. This is especially important given the emergent and growing importance of transparency in our region's laws. The priority must be to encourage transparency initiatives and skills development in the sectors covered by the SC, such as cards, services, response, and security. This will ensure that the SC is not just well informed, but also well prepared to cope with the challenges of keeping TNP stable.

I will absolutely try to be as transparent as possible regarding what is going on here in TNP through the VD reports and being present during the weekly briefings. This is an area I’d definitely have to get in touch with the SC on. I’m not really familiar with the SC the way I am with the rest of the region, but I would have to find out how we are going about analyzing information at the moment. I’m not one to make things overly complicated. The SC certainly has a lot of things going for it as a team and a region. In terms of being a team, they’re probably one of the only teams in NS that works well together, which means they are bound to have an extremely good spirit. In terms of a region, TNP has all the tools to be one of the greatest. We have a lot of great hardware, and we've got great players and community-built tools to make a great region even greater.

In general, in light of the other work I have promised, I also plan to launch a spate of endotarting between now and the end of the term, although to be fair I would very much like feedback on my current plan before I try to take on something larger.

General Considerations:

Given my history as a Minister, I am aware that there are additional risks to anyone running here who runs without prior experience. I am not going to exploit this for the sake of publicity or while in office, but would ask everyone to give me the same consideration as any other candidate, regardless of whether or not they have commented on this directly.

On the more positive side, while the trends surrounding the government in general are bleak, the end result is not that certain. As a concept, I can't say I disagree with the general direction we're heading. Additionally, I will bring a few changes and improvements to the forums, and will continue to promote the government's work in general as I have done so far.

I want to hear your concerns and opinions on the gameside and I welcome any input, criticism, and advice. TNPers have been invaluable and my expectations for the next term is for everyone to deliver the best service possible for TNP and NationStates. A final word of advice is that your voice matters. If you feel like your voice is not being heard, speak up! What TNP can do for you, speaks volumes. It's never easy, but always worth it.

I will not speak for anyone, nor will I command anyone to do anything, nor am I trying to persuade anyone to support me. My position is to describe my position as a candidate and/or an individual who will advocate for a specific platform if elected to a position, and to explain why I believe I would make a good fit for that position. I also did not write this to be read as having any feelings of bitterness towards anyone else. Whilst I cannot promise to solve every problem listed, I can promise to try to make things work better. By doing this, I would hope that more people would be encouraged to participate in the work the Security Council does.

Thank you very much for giving me the opportunity to present my platform and your time to read and understand my ideas. I am genuinely humbled by the amount of positive feedback I have received from the members of the regional Security Council, and while I have no doubt that I would not have received such positive feedback if I had waited until later this year to run, I do believe I did the right thing in deciding to run earlier.

In closing, I would like to thank the last Vice Delegate for his time and words. It has always been my goal to make The North Pacific a world class region, and I feel very proud of what we have accomplished in the past year, and what we can accomplish in the next two years. I know I speak for all the members of The North Pacific when I say we want to keep it up, and I hope that as you see these platforms, you can feel that our long term commitment to the region is with you. I look forward to working with you in the near future and I am truly honored to be able to serve as your next Vice Delegate.

Thank you for your support. Good luck to the other candidates!

"I hope everyone can come along to my coup talk on Friday"

Oh God, the AI is already planning a coup. How long until it sics TNPminators on us?

does this mean we're finally automating the Vice Delegayc
The dream of the poor. I cannot believe we're actually having this conversation.

The former vice president sat on the board of directors. That doesn't sound like a conflict of interest to me. It sounds like a mission.

If I were chancellor, I would not have to hire anyone.
"I hope everyone can come along to my coup talk on Friday"

Oh God, the AI is already planning a coup. How long until it sics TNPminators on us?
The AI should communicate what it's really concerned with. Be ready for a 'creative' proposal. My sister's in the, well, family and that's where I got the idea from. The concept is simple. All questions will be answered in images rather than words, and only those who can solve the 'dream question' will be admitted into the inner chambers. Make it easy for them all to be there so they can see who's up for this race. Not the name of the main team, but as long as they're all there, we're happy. Now, can we get some more tennis on the telly for an hour? I wouldn't turn down a video of that.

these are pretty good
i got two different ones at the grocery store yesterday.

one is banana walnut and the other is grapefruit.

i bought mine the day before, since i only need them until the end of the month, and they were cheap.

they are the small ones, which are nice for just the 2 of us to enjoy.

i love that they have a fruit cup instead of just a plain yogurt.

my dad will eat yogurt but he is picky about which one he eats.

he will sometimes eat fruit at times but he isn't really a fruit person, so i try to get him different fruit blends. and fruit cups are just healthier in my opinion.

I hope these AI bots won't coup TNP. What power abuse will we see if they go bad?
You believe that giving a robot to manipulate things on its behalf will be unethical.

A robot cannot develop ill feelings or meanness just because it has a "personality". Moreover, giving a bot a small position does not seem likely to increase the bot's power. I assume that AI does not view TNP as a competitor, so they will not do anything malicious. So what are we to do? TNP cannot live without advertising revenue, so I hope these bots will not get out of hand and coup TNP. Keep watching the sky, and try to divine where this trend of artificial intelligence will lead us.

When I heard that they were planning to implement AIs, my first instinct was to download the application. Yours should be too.

Platform 3

Candidate:
[Deleted User]

Position: Spealer

Platform:

As Deputy Minister of Home Affairs, I am running for Speaker of the Regional Assembly. First, I want to congratulate @xxxmacs on a hard-earned victory in the last election. Your experience and intelligence will be a great asset as your fellow Deputy Speakers did, including @wenesexcanada , @Fregerson , and former Speakers like @msfereggener and @torrososo. As Deputy Minister of Home Affairs, I worked alongside former Minister @Fryken for a year, and my experience will be a great asset as your Speaker. I am always here to help, and we have a huge task ahead of us with so many citizens still not receiving IDC, over 100,000 court cases pending, and just about the only change so far being that you can now come to our office in person.

I have a great team of Deputy Ministers in mind like @Freyen , @Glayla, and former Deputy Speakers like @tanthis and @michele.

These individuals have been on the team for more than two years now. They have had the opportunity to know Gaëtan (MadJack), meet most of the members of his team, and have been involved in their offices in several rounds of discussions and debates. This duo is fairly new to municipal politics, and would like to use their previous experience of working within a large scale organization to fight for what is important for the citizens of TNP.

Madjack is a professional lawyer, a journalist, and the elected mayor of the town of The North Pacific. He spent three years in the government of The North Pacific, and decided to participate in the regional elections when he was elected to the regional council. In 2013, he was the only candidate for the position of Deputy Minister.

I also suggested moving to a shorter debate period so that it is less risk of losing time that way. This was not done at the last time so I am keen to try it again. However, I don’t think it is the only way to move to a shorter debate as, for instance, if the job of the speaker is changed in the job of the regional assembly in the draft of the constitution, then perhaps this may result in the duration of the debate to increase.

I believe that it is absolutely essential that at least a few nations per region should be represented in the discussion group with other nations in their region. I have observed and been in the Regional Assembly many times now and I have seen this agreement go high in previous debates. I think we should have at least 4 to 5 nations on the table, maybe more depending on how large the region is. I feel this is the only way to have a productive discussion. If a discussion is too big then it is just not working.

Agree on new dress code for the Speaker/Deputy Speaker

The current black coat for the Speaker is a very functional dress code, however, I think we can do better. At the very least I would propose that we have a color-coded dress code. Blue for the Speaker, orange for the Deputy Speaker and green for the Delegate.

I also have a concern about the role of the Speaker. I think he can be a very important role and I would like to see more of him than has been the case, but I would also like to see the role played by other people who can take on the role. I would like to see more interaction with the role of the Delegate and I would like to see more from the job description of the Speaker including setting up votes and debates. I would like to have greater interaction between the Delegate and the Speaker.

Get your penmanship better!

A question that I get asked quite a bit is about how I hold my pen and if it is easy for others to copy my handwriting. I think there are many things that we can do better about this. I believe that some of the problems are that our handwriting gets messed up because of stress and muscle tension, however, I think there are also other problems that we have that have been brought up with me, such as a difficulty of making clean capital letters and no backspace. I think there is also an issue with whether the computer font we are using is intuitive or not. However, I believe we have to start somewhere so in order to make our handwriting a little better then the best option is to get a penmanship book. There is not a lot on the market so it will need to be custom-made, however, a basic penmanship book can be purchased from online suppliers for cheap. I believe this will greatly assist in the development of our penmanship as individuals and we should aim for as much more legible handwriting as possible.

Consider young women for the role of Speaker

Having a speaker in any role in the government is an important role. We need to get a lot of different perspectives, views and different ideas in these positions. However, the people who are in these positions have to be capable and deserving of the position. I believe that there is an issue with the fact that the Speaker is an important position, yet the Constitution does not set any requirements for qualifications for the person to hold the position. I believe this may hinder the female view and perspective and I would like to see a provision added to the constitution that requires there to be a person who is at least 30 years old, not related to anyone in the Executive Office, that is a citizen of every country that makes up the region and is at least 18 years of age and that holds at least 5 years of experience in leadership and/or political work. I believe this will help raise the level of the Speaker and help to close the gender gap.

Negotiate a way to use the roles of Delegate, Vice Delegate and Speaker to ensure that all groups in society are represented

Since The North Pacific became a constitutional democracy in 2013 the role of Delegate has been vacant, and one of the major challenges that this has presented is that people from the historically oppressed groups have been left out of the system. I believe there is no reason why we cannot all have equal rights and equal opportunities, however, we do need to have representation in various sectors.

One of the major challenges facing our government is that we have many engaged people, but they only make up a small percentage of government positions. This problem is a complex one with multiple root causes. However, I believe we can tackle this problem through negotiation. If we can make sure that we include as many new people in these positions, then we are ensuring that we give new people a better voice in our society.

I believe that we should have a young person in the role of the Delegate.

This platform will be open to anyone who requests a copy and will be formatted for web accessibility and will contain information that is not currently available through the Assembly website.

Finally, with the current Budget crisis at our doorsteps, there is a need to return to the basics, namely an open and transparent budget process. I will strive to have all necessary information regarding every aspect of the budget available to all Members prior to the commencement of debate. While I believe there are effective and constitutional mechanisms to conduct a full and transparent budget debate, I will work diligently to establish a process that is representative of all Members and provides maximum transparency.

My commitment is to be accessible to all members of the Assembly, and while I cannot guarantee that every Member will receive my door knocks, I promise to be responsive to all communications that Members request. While I cannot guarantee that the door knocks will be a weekly occurrence, I can promise to do them regularly.

Last edited:
@xxxmacs was the worst Spealer since Fiji.
@xxxmacs is most definitely worst Spealer because of the Face/Worm. Their speering sucks. It's always the weakest (not the worst) if it comes to Speeding Speeding Speeding Speeding the thing to run again I want to take a bullet. When the Spealer was first released I did not expect this much before a month of the release. @xxxmacs also causes damage most of the time. But with the recent changes, they've been falling off like superman with so many holes. @xxxxxmacs @Samsonxmas were some of the top 3 Spealers before these changes. I don't think that it's still that good anymore, though.

The new Spealer is really difficult to master. Especially when there are holes.
Huh, I seemed to have been mentioned here.
My links have gone down and I didn't notice until today. I'm happy about that. Or not, depending on your point of view. But still. I'm so much happier about this campaign than I was then. The light is better, the yard's more useful, the yard's not constantly flooding and we can see all of the cats rather then having to drive down the road and keep an eye out. The region's a lot more enjoyable to be in. It's just... well, it's a simpler life. I've lost my addiction to movies. Which isn't to say that I don't love movies and I never will. I just need some time in my life for other things that I just can't get from them. A couple of my favorite people are moving and have stopped watching movies completely. I understand completely and I envy them so much for the rest of my life. Because they get to spend their time enjoying one of the greatest gifts that we can ever hope for. They get to experience this amazing gift. So that's me. Like I said, not an expert on anything. I just run the best way I can. I'd love to hear about how others run.

Thanks for reading!

Back