-
Pronouns
he/him
TNP Nation
Comfed
Discord
comfed
Article 3 of the Bill of Rights shall be amended to read as follows:
3. Participation in the governmental authorities of the region is voluntary. Neither participation in the World Assembly nor citizenship shall not be a condition of participation in the governmental authorities of the region.
3. Participation in the governmental authorities of the region is voluntary. Neither Pparticipation in the World Assembly nor citizenship shall not be a condition of participation in the governmental authorities of the region.

Citizenship should remain a condition to take part in any governmental position of the region (unless there's any exceptional circumstances that justify it). If someone has political aspirations within the region, but isn't willing to take such a simple step as applying for citizenship, then I don't see why they should bother in the first place.

Citizenship should remain a condition to take part in any governmental position of the region (unless there's any exceptional circumstances that justify it). If someone has political aspirations within the region, but isn't willing to take such a simple step as applying for citizenship, then I don't see why they should bother in the first place.
I think this is being proposed because of the Citizenship Reform Act debate.

If this were the case the executive staff would have like 8 people in it.

And 4 of them would be doing like 6 jobs each.

I think there's merit in the idea that residents should be able to take on some roles, but I would be hesitant to give any non-citizen a role that offers access to secure information, unless they were a known entity like Hulldom.

I am going to point out that by changing the Bill of Rights, there are so many aspects of the legal code and the Constitution that needs to be changed to comply with the bill of rights. And unless all the contradictions are solved in 1 bill, I am not getting it.

Voting? Being in the RA?
Okay I may have read this much differently than was needed. Your change would prevent the executive staff from barring residents. There’s only one or two that currently do that, and I would think it would be much easier to legislate this in the legal code rather than try the bill of rights. I don’t really think we have to open the can of worms of what constitutes participation in government, but everything you just listed would be part of that, and so at some point we could argue that legal restrictions on residents could be seen to conflict with the bill of rights. That’s not a road I want to go down. I remain opposed.

Okay I may have read this much differently than was needed. Your change would prevent the executive staff from barring residents. There’s only one or two that currently do that, and I would think it would be much easier to legislate this in the legal code rather than try the bill of rights. I don’t really think we have to open the can of worms of what constitutes participation in government, but everything you just listed would be part of that, and so at some point we could argue that legal restrictions on residents could be seen to conflict with the bill of rights. That’s not a road I want to go down. I remain opposed.
Okay that is a very good point… I think I’ll try to find some legal code solution.

Back