-
-
-
TNP Nation
PotatoFarmers
Discord
Freg#0420
Delegate St George:
I am appointing @Prydania as Election Commissioner, subject to a confirmation vote by the Regional Assembly.

@Prydania has been appointment to serve as an Election Commissioner by Delegate @St George. I open the floor to discussions about this appointment.

Additionally, I invite the Delegate provide statements in support of the appointment.

Once moved, the motion that I will be putting to vote for this confirmation is as follows:

Motion:
The Regional Assembly confirms the appointment of Prydania to the Election Commission.

Additionally, I invite the Delegate provide statements in support of the appointment.
Thank you, Mr Speaker.

Members of the House, my right honourable friend Prydania is a former delegate, the current lead Roleplay Moderator for TNP and a former Minister of repute. They have served throughout TNP with distinction and dedication. They have also shown a willingness to step up at times of short notice to fill absences - they have served as a Temporary Election Commissioner twice and as a Temporary Hearing Officer for the Court. They know the law, they know when to apply it and they're around.

With all this in mind, I commend Prydania to the House and believe them to be an excellent candidate for the Election Commission.

I'd rather let this wait for comment and questions - there's no need to rush this.

Officially, the motion and second is recognised. I will put the vote schedule to start around 36 hours later, in case additional discussion crop up, or that the motion is overturned.

I also object to the scheduling of a vote.

I do support Prydania as Election Commissioner, but I do think it's important for the public to have a chance to ask questions to someone new coming onto the commission.

I motion this to vore
Plus, if you wanna get pedantically technical, as is my tradition, this isn't a motion to vote. It's a motion to... something other than v-o-t-e.

I'll add to the objection. Again, nothing against Pry, but I'd like everyone to have a chance to ask questions.

Good stuff! We will not move this forward on the 36 hour timeline the Speaker put out since we have 3 objections. I invite the nominee @Prydania to answer any questions that citizens may have. I do have a few questions for the nominee;

1. Do you have experience in holding an office similar to being an Election Commissioner?
2. Do you feel elections are currently ran in the most efficient manner?
3. What is one thing you feel that the election commission could improve on?

(I am confident in the nominee, but nothing wrong with questions!)

I don’t wish to pry, but I have no eye-deer why anyone would object to this. He is a very deer friend and I know him well. Many of his deerest friends can vouch for him. But there is no need to fawn over him in this process.

For real doe, I hope that Pry can hold on for deer life during this confirmation hearing. Looking at the calen-deer, it won’t be too long before this will be at vote. Finally when we do get to celebrate on confirmation day, I hope it doesn’t rain, deer.

I don’t wish to pry, but I have no eye-deer why anyone would object to this. He is a very deer friend and I know him well. Many of his deerest friends can vouch for him. But there is no need to fawn over him in this process.

For real doe, I hope that Pry can hold on for deer life during this confirmation hearing. Looking at the calen-deer, it won’t be too long before this will be at vote. Finally when we do get to celebrate on confirmation day, I hope it doesn’t rain, deer.
Oh deer.

I appreciate the kind words and the deer puns :D
And I also appreciate the willingness some people have for me here. That being said I will happily answer all questions.

Do you have experience in holding an office similar to being an Election Commissioner?
I have held the post of temporary EC here in TNP twice. This past election and a previous one. I figured that, since they kept coming to me when they needed a pitch hitter why not make it known to the Delegate I would be up for the job full time?

Do you feel elections are currently ran in the most efficient manner?
Yes, and I think it's one of TNP's fundamental strengths as a region and community.

What is one thing you feel that the election commission could improve on?
My honest answer? Nothing major. I'm a believer that not every position in TNP, elected or appointed, needs a grand and sweeping vision of change.
Some do, don't get me wrong. I don't know why you'd want to run for Delegate or be appointed a Minister if you didn't have a grand plan of some sort.

Election Commissioner is different though. I'll be up front. This is a nuts and bolts position. And that is by no means belittling it. In fact I think it makes it supremely important. I said above I think TNP's timely election cycle is one thing that makes this region and community the special place it is.

So while I don't have any grand plan for the EC should I be appointed a Commissioner I promise that I'll dutifully tend to my responsibilities in helping ensure that elections in this region are run as timely and as efficiently as they have always been.
And if, upon my appointment, I see room for improvement, I will bring it up with my fellow Election Commissioners.

I object to the scheduling of the vote. Like, not the procedural objection but an actual objection. There was no seconding of the vote (and I don't see any edits above so the motion wouldn't have been edited out) so a vote should not have been scheduled as per the Standing Procedures. Has the Speaker modified the Standing Procedures without informing the Regional Assembly?

I object to the scheduling of the vote. Like, not the procedural objection but an actual objection. There was no seconding of the vote (and I don't see any edits above so the motion wouldn't have been edited out) so a vote should not have been scheduled as per the Standing Procedures. Has the Speaker modified the Standing Procedures without informing the Regional Assembly?
Moderators in their subforum have the ability to hide the Last Edited message when editing, and can wipe out one that already exists. I certainly hope the Deputy Speaker has not abused that ability.

Moderators in their subforum have the ability to hide the Last Edited message when editing, and can wipe out one that already exists. I certainly hope the Deputy Speaker has not abused that ability.
Yep, looks like we went from a valid motion and second (according the Speaker) to no motion or second.

“If, before a vote on a proposal begins, at least three citizens object to the decision of the Speaker to schedule it, the Speaker must cancel the scheduled vote.”

"Having recieved 3 objections, the vote is cancelled."

I consulted the Speaker on this. I apologize if I didn’t seem clear. I only wanted the chamber to hav time to debate on the nominee, and ask questions as the objections were heard.

Last edited:
Good point. I agree, I don't think ghost edits should be done in RA outside of the administrative team.

If anyone has any other questions, feel free to ask away. It appears we have the time.

I have no idea why there is such a big mess, but I will quote whoever started and seconded the motions in the future.

For the record:
I motion this to vore
I second the motion.

These two was what I used to consider a motion and a second. It seems @Tree of Wisdom accidentally ghost edited, asked them to rectify it.

Then,
In that case, I object to the scheduling of a vote.
I also object to the scheduling of a vote.
I'll add to the objection.
Means the vote scheduled is cancelled.

I had typoed because letters t and r are beside each other.

Anyway Properly done this time:

I motion this to vote.

Back