Deputy Speaker
-
-
-
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Everything I said here remains true

The law:
9. Non-citizen residents may only be exempted from the requirement to maintain citizenship while a government official if they have maintained continuous residency for at least 6 months and have previously applied for citizenship, and they may not be appointed to any office charged with the region’s foreign or military affairs.
10. Exemptions to the requirement to maintain citizenship while a government official will only apply to the specific office to which the non-citizen resident is appointed, and not to subsequent appointments to the same office.
The motion:
The Regional Assembly exempts Hulldom from the citizenship requirements to serve as Minister of World Assembly Affairs.

This term, following my discussions with admin on the subject last term, I plan to bring forth legislative options on reforming our citizenship application process so that an exemption will not be required for Hulldom - and others in a similar situation - going forward.

The Speaker's Office notes this. Is there any debate or is Mr Delegate motioning a vote soon?
I plan to motion a vote by Friday at the latest, probably tomorrow.

I support the nomination, and exemption due to Hulldom already have served in this position before. I am very interested in what the Delegate proposes as far as citizenship reform as I share a similar interest in this topic area. Of course that should be discussed in a separate thread, but no objections on this exemption.

Voting has opened and will be scheduled for 3 days, given the lack of discussion and the urgency of the matter. Should there be objections to the duration of the vote, we will then extend it to 5 days.

Back