LD for Delegate: The End of Power

Lord Dominator

Citizen
-
-
Consider if you will, our security apparatus. If we had no treaties and no military ability to speak of, we would continue to be the largest region in the game (in the ways that matter) and have the largest WA population. We would, as it were, continue to be just as indestructible as we are right now. Even if every other region in the game hated us, there’s little they could do to us.

Well, the last part is a bit of an exaggeration, but I think you see my point.

We simply don’t need the outside world, anymore than any of the large regions (GCR or UCR) really need each other - there simply doesn’t presently exist any ability to undo most of them, and even then the power of each individual citizenry is almost certainly enough to unmake any would-be couper.

To that end then, I propose a radical rethinking of the delegacy: we have no true need to engage with the outside world, and moreover will do just fine focusing solely on our own citizenry. That is not to say there will outside engagement will cease to be, simply that it must serve the end of empowering the citizenry and residents. I thus propose the following for our ministries:

Defense: The NPA is important for our last-ditch protection (unlikely that it may be needed), but is also a handy tool of engagement. As such, and due to the inability to engage in military activity without outside help, it will remain largely unchanged from the present.

Foreign Affairs: We have no need of true engagement with the outside, except for where needed to maintain the inside - such as the above NPA activity. As such, searches for new allies and the like are largely unneeded and will generally cease. Instead, we will focus on the cultural connections (as those keep citizens and residents engaged).

Radio & Communications: Both of these will be abolished, with individual functions (namely the principally internally useful ones) split to appropriate other ministries.

Home Affairs: This is perhaps our most important ministry, as it keeps us going and is on the front lines of keeping people in the region. No changes are needed, except perhaps more staffing.

Culture: Much like HA, there are no changes needed here - our goal is to keep people in the region and engaged.

Cards: See above

Ministry of WA Affairs: We have no little to no need of concern over external opinion on our decisions here. As such, the Ministry will be tasked with the creation of appropriate for/against IFVs for distribution to the region (except in exceptional circumstances) so that the residents will be provided the information they need to truly make their own choice. As delegate, I will then vote based on the in-game regional vote on the third or fourth day of voting (again, excepting exceptional circumstances). This change will also promote regional activity, as we can easily promote to active residents how much their voting and discussions can matter, no matter whether they be citizen or not.

So won’t you join me, in a world where we focus on our own region, and promote our own activity without concern for the outside?

Have you ever considered running an actual serious campaign and seeing how that goes? Sure MadJack is probably going to win, but there’s nothing lost by putting your best foot forward and showing people what you can do. Any chance you’ll reconsider the clown show approach and give this a sincere shot?

Have you ever considered running an actual serious campaign and seeing how that goes? Sure MadJack is probably going to win, but there’s nothing lost by putting your best foot forward and showing people what you can do. Any chance you’ll reconsider the clown show approach and give this a sincere shot?
I certainly hope this is a joke campaign and not a genuine proposal for isolationism.

I certainly hope this is a joke campaign and not a genuine proposal for isolationism.
It is not a genuine proposal, no
For delegate, not really no on running a serious campaign. It’s perhaps a touch cliche, but I don’t have much of anything in the way of serious proposals to change anything and don’t particularly want to run on a platform of “we should keep doing what we’re doing right now.” If I have actual goals or whatnot, I may attempt a serious run in the future.

Do you plan to take stern measures against the rising tide of citizens who ask irrelevant questions to candidates?

Edit: Also, good luck!

Last edited:
Back