-
Deputy Speaker
-
-
-
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
Mr Speaker @Fregerson,

after thinking upon the matter and taking advice, I am appointing @bootsie as Prosecutor for this case pending the approval of the Regional Assembly.

Last edited:
The Speaker's Office has noted this, and encourage @bootsie to make a formal statement on why they should be appointed as Prosecutor for TNP Vs Nubt II of Mortipal.

Thank you Mr. Speaker,

I believe I would be the best choice to prosecute the case of The North Pacific v. Nubt II because of the following reasons:

I was the presiding justice over The North Pacific v. Madjack, which struck a balance between holding Madjack (AKA St George) accountable for his actions, but also understanding his lack of criminal history and contribution to the community, things shared by the currently accused Nubt II.

I also led the Request for Review in regards to the judicial inquiry filed by abc on the Delegate's Authority to Staff the Executive Branch. This was a complicating review to go over with my fellow members of the Court as it related to the landmark The North Pacific v. The Democratic Republic of Tomb in that that they both related to free speech and the role the government plays in that. While Nubt II is not a government official, they are one of the most active members of TNP's Private Media, which definitely deals with free speech and communicating with the region as a whole.

I do not have any bias for or against Nubt II. While they did support me in the election, I also do primarily write for Greitbart, a competing news service to their "The North Pacific Today". I respect them as a citizen and will make sure they get a fair trial while also making sure they are accountable to the law.

Last edited:
I normally think these prosecutor appointments are just routine and should be slammed through as fast as possible. This one, however, has given me pause.

Bootsie, prior to this appointment, you offered to defend Nubt II. If you made that kind of offer, surely you know how to mount a defense against these charges. Either that or you intended to have your prospective client plead guilty and just go for a lighter sentence. Why then be the prosecutor when you know the job is going to be the exact opposite? I don't believe the role of a prosecutor is to ensure a fair trial; it's to get the maximum punishment for the defendant that they can.

I disagree that the role of the prosecutor is to get the maximum punishment for the defendant that they can.

The role of the prosecutor is to prove their case and ensure justice is done. We're not in a politicised justice system.

What Madjack said. I do think the prosecution should be an impartial figure and should argue their case to the best of their ability and it’s not necessarily that the defendant is guilty and deserves maximum punishment. Often it is that, but not all of the time.

I will make no comment on this case specifically because I’m the defence counsel.

Last edited:
It's excellent to see you offer to be the prosecutor for this case, Bootsie. Your experience with cases in the past will definitely make this trial an interesting one to say the least.

I still want to wait for any more questions and your response to Sil before making up my mind on how I am going to vote; Sil does raise a fair concern but I'm sure I will be satisfied no matter what the answer is, as you never seem to disappoint.

I disagree that the role of the prosecutor is to get the maximum punishment for the defendant that they can.

The role of the prosecutor is to prove their case and ensure justice is done. We're not in a politicised justice system.
Let me clarify. I wish it were that way; I just don't think it's actually what happens. Maybe Bootsie can prove me wrong, but...

What Madjack said. I do think the prosecution should be an impartial figure...
... I believe Bootsie is already compromised, after already posting how disappointed they were in the conduct of our citizens in basically trying to run Nubt II out of the election or even the entire region. I'm concerned that, knowing Nubt II has already threatened to leave the region, that Bootsie isn't going to give it their best effort, maybe to try to prevent Nubt II from leaving.

Let me clarify. I wish it were that way; I just don't think it's actually what happens. Maybe Bootsie can prove me wrong, but...

... I believe Bootsie is already compromised, after already posting how disappointed they were in the conduct of our citizens in basically trying to run Nubt II out of the election or even the entire region. I'm concerned that, knowing Nubt II has already threatened to leave the region, that Bootsie isn't going to give it their best effort, maybe to try to prevent Nubt II from leaving.

To give context to my rapid turnaround, I work in a retail store environment, and I use my down time to catch up on TNP's happenings. I had *no* idea that a criminal case was filed against Nubt until I happened to go into the thread that Syrixia had just posted in (Nubt's election thread) and was appalled to see particularly Robespierre and Syrixia just grilling Nubt and not having a care about how it might affect them.

If no one was going to step up for Nubt, I was going to be that person. I believe every citizen deserves a fighting chance, and I was going to help them.

After the post, I went to the Discord and like Nubt, I was also questioned heavily by Robespierre and Syrixia, even though I never stated that I was for or against the charge, just that I thought it was wrong for them to have piled on them

It was around this time that Madjack reached out to me about possibly prosecuting the case. I know, such a weird thing for him to ask *me* to do. After all, I was the justice that decided for his heavier sentencing in The North Pacific v. Madjack. If anything, I would think he resented me for the decision that I made on the Court. At the end of the day though, my decision was what was best for the region.

After I got off of work yesterday (hence my rather late post in this thread), I researched what espionage cases (if any) were brought before the court, decisions I've personally contributed to the Court, and anything relevant that I could find to bring forward to the case.

While I will not disclose my findings due to an active Court case where anything may be used by the Defense, I will say that the case brought forward will be one that hopes to punish the accused and prevent this event from happening for the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
Back