What are TNP political parties?

Yemet

Retired Ambassador (Also Qurasan)
TNP Nation
Yemet
Discord
DontForgetJeff#1988
I was just wondering what is the purpose of political parties in the TNP since people are elected directly and not through party voting.

Also how does one start one? Does it have to be registered or can I just post one in the Sub-forum?

Last edited:
I was just wondering what is the purpose of political parties in the TNP since people are elected directly and not through party voting.
There's not much of a purpose. I've been here since 2016 and haven't seen an impactful political party (yet).

Also how does one start one?
Just by creating a platform and encouraging people to join. I will note that parties typically don't have much impact. If you want to create change, you can just propose a law in the Regional Assembly or join the Executive and work your way up.
Does it have to be registered or can I just post one in the Sub-forum?
No need to register, just posting would suffice.

Also how does one start one? Does it have to be registered or can I just post one in the Sub-forum?
They're a relic from the early 2010s when parties actually meant something. They've not mattered since about 2014 and arguably before then.

Political parties in NationStates have never mattered. Why tie your positions on certain issues, your thoughts on what direction the region ought to take, and your ambitions to the platform of a party?

Just be yourself, as cliché as that sounds. If you’re going to be involved in regional politics, stay true to yourself as an individual and just be who you are. Parties, especially in the modern age, are just a waste of time in TNP

They also mattered in Europeia once upon a time. They still seem to matter in 10000 Islands, since most candidates there still run under a party banner.

Back