RolePlay Moderator
-
Deputy Speaker
-
-
-
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
pcw4m-AxKWjplyM2AySHfnT_GiUfH79HD3IULnDtZt-7CYKjQ4oKDXc8ScerNG6V76aEbho-Jdj8sDYXYKOTgU8ZOMebQbzrA7kJdO6tuIYVujWIR5KTkjduLpq-B8hTASJXdpTg=s0

Opening Statement September 2021

To quote a previous delegate - “the people have spoken and they have been heard”, and the person they chose to be delegate is myself. It’s kinda wild. This has been the goal for a long time, and I’d just like to thank everyone who took part in our elections, whether as a candidate or a voter, and especially congratulate the Election Commissioners for a well run election.

I congratulate @Sir Kasto for his victory in the vice delegate election and look forward to working with him over the next four months, as I have over the last few terms. He’s a real diamond and I expect big things from him. To those standing in the Speaker election, I wish you luck, and I know that whoever wins the office will be in good hands. Commiserations, also, to the candidates who were beaten in the election. Running for office is always a risk, and a campaign lost but well fought is still something to be credited for.

And now, onto business. As previously posted about, after taking my oath, I immediately moved an exemption for Boston Castle so that they might continue in the role I have planned for them as World Assembly Affairs. I have also added several regions to the Civil Defense Siren and added a region to the Retaliatory Recruitment list. I plan on discussing removals of dead regions from CDS with the other Pacifics next week.

With that out of the way, it’s time for the thing y’all are here for - who made Mad Jack’s cabinet? Well, here we go:

Minister of Foreign Affairs: @TlomzKrano
Tlomz is a former delegate, WA and FA minister and spent last term in the Foreign Affairs Ministry helping me in our discussions with other regions. Tlomz has both the FA experience and administrative skills to put into place the plans I have for the region.

Minister of World Assembly Affairs: @Boston Castle
Boston has been a stalwart of the WA ministry over the last few terms, and I see no reason not to allow the chance to continue the excellent work they began under Robespierre’s delegacy.

Minister of Defense: @Koopa103
This appointment may come as a bit of a surprise to some, but Koopa is a talented and dedicated member of the NPA and someone who I believe has all the potential to continue the NPA’s history of high quality work on the battlefield.

Minister of Culture: @Sarah
Sarah is one of Culture’s best staffers and was a great support to myself when I was Minister. I’m looking forward to what they can do in this role. It’s going to be an exciting term.

Minister of Cards: @DGES
Cards needs a big term to justify its existence and there is no one more qualified to run a successful Ministry of Cards than the first Minister of Cards. DGES returns to the role to help rebuild the Ministry.

Minister of Radio: @Greater Ale Permars
GAP had a good start to their half term as Minister last time out, and I believe we can maintain that start for a whole term. With new and existing programs planned, I believe GAP and his deputies can put Radio on an excellent footing.

Minister of Communications: @Prydania
One of my favourite people/deer in all of NationStates, Prydania has agreed to become my Minister of Communications, as we look to bring sustained activity to Polaris article releases and get at least one TNL release out. Prydania is one of the best writers I know, and has oodles of administrative experience to boot, so was a near perfect choice for the Ministry.

Minister of Home Affairs: @New Celoveniortan
New Celovniortan served as Minister last term, and I was impressed with the work the Ministry did, especially over August, so I decided to give them the opportunity to continue that.

Lead Gameside Advocate: @Sir Kasto
He’s everywhere, isn’t he? But over the last term Kasto has been one of the best Gameside Advocates and as we move to a GA team more focussed on promoting TNP stuff, Kasto will be leading that process. Expect a big team of GAs too, to ensure as wide a timezone coverage as possible.

I would also like to announce a further appointment. Over the last few weeks, @Pallaith has been an invaluable help to me, providing advice and challenging me on my own preconceptions of people and ideas. For that reason, and many more besides, I am appointing Pallaith as Advisor to the Delegate. More Advisors may be appointed in the coming days, but that’s a subject I’m still in discussions about.

Now, let’s have a great term, eh?

Last edited:
I told you it was coming - and here it is:

Minister of Communications: @Prydania
One of my favourite people/deer in all of NationStates, Prydania has agreed to become my Minister of Communications, as we look to bring sustained activity to Polaris article releases and get at least one TNL release out. Prydania is one of the best writers I know, and has oodles of administrative experience to boot, so was a near perfect choice for the Ministry.

Back