-
-
Pronouns
He/Him
TNP Nation
Dreadton
Discord
Dreadton
PJdf-9kL25d2xsjpc5toQRyCqvVYW-KzXk1Fvy0OAq3jJLhYF1A3f3dF1xzApEpljRHajLh5HbcTKUZRK-Q1Q-9m0UnvYZHHUuhf9S1PmolJAKZECBIjBbGezvdOr8ff89bUHcDq=s0

Background
I started NationStates roughly two and a half years ago. One of my first introductions to the region was my rather cringy run for Speaker against Artemis. While I was rather soundly defeated, it did introduce me to the wonders of TNP Government. Artemis requested that I join the Speakers office and I have been involved in TNP Government ever since.

From there I have served several times in the Judicial branch as Justice and Prosecutor. I have been a part of, or overseen, multiple Requests for Review and Criminal Cases. I have also provided several briefs in support of or against positions in several Requests. You can review some of my work in my campaign for Justice. I have served as an Election Commissioner for over a year and recently returned to that position.

In executive experience, I served as Deputy Minister of Radio and then as Minister of Radio for a term and a half. During that time, we were able to produce a steady stream of shows and a high level of engagement. For more information on that, you can review my post starting here. I have served as Vice Delegate and while maintaining normal Vice Delegate duties, I set up the process to declassify Security Council threads and began the declassification. I am currently a Security Councilor and Associate Justice.

Campaign
The storm of change is rapidly approaching. For those of you who do not read the Technical forum, there are proposed changes to the way UCRs, R/D, and nation spawning works. With the proposed change cutting off half the nations spawning in GCRs, we need to look at our existing policies and tools to make the determination if it's still in our best interest to open them to the game in its entirety. We need to balance our internal focus with outward engagement to maintain our leadership. Should Sedge be able to pull off his proposed changes, we need to be ready to act to preserve the North Pacific and set us up to face any future changes.

While most of my proposed changes involve internal shifts and directions of the various Ministries, there are SOMETHING that would involve possible shifts in long standing regional policy. Such shifts, in my opinion, should not be done solely by the Delegate in a vacuum, but with feedback from the Regional Assembly. One of the first discussions we should have is on our recruitment policy. As it stands today, our recruitment policy is a passive one, with restrictions on who and where an outside region can recruit within the region. We only send a recruitment telegram when a nation is formed outside our region and a welcome telegram to nations who are born here. Should Sedge’s proposed change to nation spawning occur, or another such change to nation spawning or gameside recruitment, we need to have an established policy to address the new normal. Should we change our policy? Where shall we recruit from? We need to discuss these questions within the region and with our allies game wide and determine the best course of action.

We need to do more to promote the region in game. While this is something we should be doing now, it will be vitally important for the future. Often, our gameplay thread falls several pages in, before a post is made presenting our regional activity. We should and will need to be more active in this arena. Posting articles, radio shows, and current events can not only keep us to the forefront, but show off the variety and full flavor of the region to the wider player base. I want to also explore the potential of posting some of our IFVs in our gameplay thread, but such an action needs further discussion. I would also like to see the return of interregional events. Interregional events are a good way for us to interact with other regions while having fun.

This cannot be a path done by one or a few individuals in government, it has to be a region wide effort and collaboration to ensure the steps we take are in line with our regional interest. Burnout is something we have seen across multiple promising and/or long time members of our community. Reassessing our work and developing new talent is vital for our future.

Administration
One thing that multiple Delegates have commented on, is the amount of time it takes during the term to declassify materials under the FOIA Law. I would like to change the way it is done slightly and utilize previous Ministers and Delegates to review and mark material for redaction. Having former FA, MoD, and Delegates mark records for declassification will help trim down the time a Delegate will need to review the records, while still maintaining the level of confidentiality needed to maintain regional security and give the region the information they are entitled to.

We will also work to identify any programs that we no longer have staff to maintain or if the program or dispatch no longer provides enough of a benefit to justify the workload involved. This will focus on old dispatches and current programs run by the Ministries. Robes outlined during his campaign several out of date dispatches that were in need of archiving and some that were still active and needed updating. I will work to continue this process into the next term.

Ministry Break Down

Gameside Advocates

The RMB is one of the first points of engagement for new players. It is also a key point for engagement and promotion of government activities. The Gameside Advocates have continued to lead the way in engagement among the RMB and building upon that in the future will be key in retaining and engaging the player base. For this term, I want to ensure that there is reasonable coverage on the RMB and general activity among the GA’s. Ideally, there would be a GA involved on the RMB during most hours.While I will not put in a posting requirement or other such activity measurement, activity from the GA’s will be a requirement for this team.

WA Affairs

WA Affairs is one of the most publicly active Ministries in TNP. The IFVs have been a boon to regional engagement and something that we need to continue and grow. I would like to reasonably expand the IFV program to our Gameplay forum but the purpose of the IFV and the general Gameplay world would make this not practical. But there may be opportunities, with consent, to share our IFVs with our embassy partners when appropriate. Outside of the IFV, continued engagement and support of WALL will grow in importance as game changes are put into place.

A question I am sure will come up is my position and history on Commends. While I personally still hold the same position on Commends as I did for over two years, except for one instance, that position is not one I can hold as Delegate. The Delegate’s vote is not their own, but the region’s as a whole.

Communications

Communications has made progress in consolidating its publications and producing steady content. Posting articles as they are finished is a great step in the right direction and something that needs to continue. For the next term, we should continue this trend and consider opening Communication publications to outside writers from other communities. This can be a great way to reach out to UCRs and our allies.

Home Affairs

Home Affairs has been on point with the Welcome Wagon, Forum mentoring, and welcoming new players to our community. At first glance, they are likely the best choice for any future plans for recruitment among outside regions. My initial thoughts are to create a recruitment team under the MoHA to develop targeted telegrams and engage with players outside TNP and Allied Regions, but within the regulations we develop. With the Game Mechanic changes and the yet undisclosed RMB/TG/RECRUITING changes, the final form of this is still in flux.

One thing that we can start now is targeting regions on the Retaliatory Recruitment list with directed messages to their members. According to the answer MCM gave to this question, the region currently sends an automated general telegram to those regions. I want to develop a targeted telegram for each region based on their purpose. For example, regions focused on Roleplay would get a telegram highlighting our roleplay worlds and communities, along with our hours of Roleplay based Radio shows.

Defense

The NPA has remained viable and active over the last few terms. In keeping with our Independent nature, we have worked with various groups to achieve some great victories, such has our victory in CCD. However, there are some areas which we need to address, mainly in recruitment and retention. During El Fiji and my term as Minister of Radio, we had the NPA Generals Series used to promote the NPA and recruit for them. Since then, there hasn’t been a major recruitment event. During my term I want to hold a recruitment week, promoting NPA accomplishments and providing information on how R/D works within the game. In keeping with the general theme of this campaign, I want to advertise our successful ops on our RMB and possibly our Gameplay thread. On the Retention front, after speaking to a few NPA Stakeholders, I would like to work on a mentorship program for new recruits. This bootcamp would involve having an experienced NPA member take on a new Recruit as a battle buddy and show them through the processes and make them feel welcomed into the community. I would also like to open communication with current and former NPA Members to see if any organizational changes need to be made to the structure of the NPA and any other changes we may need to take to grow our forces.

Culture

Culture continues to knock it out of the park with established events like Theme Thursday, Movie Night, collaboration with Radio on RP Shows, and other trial programs. Never a ministry to not take a chance, this term has been packed with various non-stop events. For the coming term, I want to see an interregional event scheduled. One way we can do this is to set up a Walking Dead themed event in preparation for Z day, along the lines of our Harry Potter event we have had in the past. Interregional events take a lot of work, but are a great way for us to interact with our allies and other regions we wish to grow relationships with.

FA

With the changes I am proposing here to long standing TNP policy and the coming changes to the game, Foreign Affairs will be even more important than its already prominent position within our region. The changes proposed to our recruitment policy need to be clear and expressed to our allies. Ambassadorships will need to become more than the person who reposts regional happenings and should help ensure that the correct people in each region are able to contact each other. A Delegate or Government official should not need to hunt down and come to TNP to get in touch with our FA Minster or Delegate, our Ambassador should be able and willing to get the line of communication open. Ambassadors should be active in our community and the region they are assigned to. Representing us should be more than a copy and paste job.

Cards

With the retirement of r3n, the transfer of tools was not as smooth as it should have been and that slowed things down alot. Much like Radio, cards has struggled to attract talent and keep its activity up.Cards have been a boom for several programs we use in the region. The addition to cards has supported the WADP program and helped us maintain strong WA numbers overall. The main issue for us tech wise and with the mechanic overall is its coupling with Issues and how it skews the stats for issue balancing. However, some of the proposed changes to the Cards Mechanic will likely make card farming in its current form obsolete. Depending on the final form of the changes, its likely Cards as a stand alone ministry will no longer be viable. For the coming term, I will be focused on maintaining the current programs and discussing the viability of the Ministry for the future.

Radio

Radio has continued to produce some stellar shows and we can further capitalize on that. We can utilize any planned interregional events to develop further shows and expand on the round table shows to include debates on game developments in Technical or the World Assembly. We can also promote our shows through our Embassies and on the Gameplay thread. Role Play Spotlights will continue to highlight our community and I would hope to expand these shows to highlight the various goings ons in our Roleplay Worlds.
Radio is often described as a highly technical ministry which is not necessarily true. Radio is better described as having a moderate learning curve. The programs used in this ministry are open source and free, and once you learn the basics you are able to be a fully functional member of the ministry. No one member needs to do all task on a show, something as simple as being able to record an audio file goes a long way to making a show work. This narrative is what needs to change in order to draw more people into this ministry and help it produce shows in a timely manner.

Conclusion

In light of the loss of overall players and with the natural burnout of experienced players, we find ourselves struggling in some key areas. Recruiting and maintaining an active Executive staff and Military force continue to be big stumbling blocks for the region. With the coming game changes, fixing the staffing drains will become more vital than ever. With the proposed game mechanic changes, we need to have some hard conversations now and to expand the foundations of the region. The steps we take now will set the way in which other GCRs will respond and how the game will grow. Such steps require community engagement, input, and teamwork to address the issues that have plagued us, and the changes we will face in the coming months.

1. Since WA Affairs is where I'm the best versed, would you rather be passive or active in seeking out opportunities to share our IFVs with partner regions?

2. Along those lines, what kinds of cooperation do you envision when it comes to WALL since you are a proponent of "continued engagement", would you like to see more joint IFVs and further cooperation, perhaps extending to every vote that comes up?

3. To jump everyone else's gun a little bit, who do you have in mind to run the various Ministries?

I think this goes under the Ministry of Culture, but what are your opinions on Nimarya's TNP Book Club? Will you, if any chance, revive it?

There are many bookworms in TNP and I think that it can be explored further.

I like your campaign. I like the slogan. I like the premise, and the player behind it is experienced.

Plus/4.

This is an interesting campaign Dreadton with some proposals that could be very cool in practice. I just have a couple of questions for you:

Do you plan to expand our list of embassies to any new region(s), and if so who?

Will you be looking to develop our relationships with new regions that we have yet to have much relationship with (i.e. developing relationships with regions that have existing embassies)?

What role do you see the Senior Diplomats playing in your Foreign Affairs policy?

Activity is obviously a big issue with NS still in the summer lull, albeit towards the end of, and in the past we have looked to generate some activity through hosting a festival with another region, which as well as generating some regional activity has allowed us to develop more of a relationship with the region we did the festival with. However, in recent times, we have not held any of these festivals with other regions. Therefore, will a festival with another region be something that you would consider doing this term?

What are your thoughts on the World Factbook Project? Do you think it should be continued?

I have my doubts about the World Factbook, but as I wrote my campaign I was able to take the time and really think about it. The World Factbook lines up with one of my goals of keeping and improving communications between Embassy Regions and us. I think there is a further opportunity to expand on this project and post a fact book entry on TNP in our embassies in their regions.

1. Since WA Affairs is where I'm the best versed, would you rather be passive or active in seeking out opportunities to share our IFVs with partner regions?

2. Along those lines, what kinds of cooperation do you envision when it comes to WALL since you are a proponent of "continued engagement", would you like to see more joint IFVs and further cooperation, perhaps extending to every vote that comes up?

3. To jump everyone else's gun a little bit, who do you have in mind to run the various Ministries?

1. I want to share our IFVs when possible, but its not something we can just wake up one morning and do. Before we open our IFVs to our partner regions, we need to make sure our partner regions will be ok with it.

2. Joint IFVs are a consideration, but I will not hold up our IFVs. When our recommendations align with WALLS then a join IFV is a good choice and something we can share via our distrbiution. When they dont, we could post walls comendation on the TNP Forum thread, but its not something that would be in our interest to share.

3. I have a cabinet planned but I don't want to share just yet. I don't want them pressured into agreeing or get push back for not.

I think this goes under the Ministry of Culture, but what are your opinions on Nimarya's TNP Book Club? Will you, if any chance, revive it?

There are many bookworms in TNP and I think that it can be explored further.

I like the book club and I would like to see it comeback. But as I stated in my campaign, I have a focus on an inter regional event along with maintaining our current programs that I want done. I don't want to overload the Culture staff by adding more projects then people able to run them. If someone would like to reopen the book club, I invite them to join Culture and help make it happen.

In what capacity will @Monkemafiatopia serve in your government?

Chief of Fecal Relocation

This is an interesting campaign Dreadton with some proposals that could be very cool in practice. I just have a couple of questions for you:

Do you plan to expand our list of embassies to any new region(s), and if so who?

Will you be looking to develop our relationships with new regions that we have yet to have much relationship with (i.e. developing relationships with regions that have existing embassies)?

What role do you see the Senior Diplomats playing in your Foreign Affairs policy?

Activity is obviously a big issue with NS still in the summer lull, albeit towards the end of, and in the past we have looked to generate some activity through hosting a festival with another region, which as well as generating some regional activity has allowed us to develop more of a relationship with the region we did the festival with. However, in recent times, we have not held any of these festivals with other regions. Therefore, will a festival with another region be something that you would consider doing this term?

1. While I am willing to open new forum based embassies, I would like to build on the embassies we have now.

2 and 4. I want us to focus on growing the relationships we have now before focusing on getting more. I have proposed several changes and events that I would like to see happen and an increase in activity expectations for our Ambassadors. Before focusing to hard on growth this term, we need to make sure we are in a place where we are making the most of what we have now.

3. I would like to see us start having high level talks about how we and our allies are going to respond to the shift in game mechanics.

Nice campaign! I like the slogan, your want to add more members to the region, and especially increase GA activity and add more cultural events. GA activity would allow any crises on the RMB, which can be annoying to multiple extents, to be extinguished quicker. And while there is already culture in the form of TNPV (of which I regularly participate in), I think culture in TNP shouldn’t be limited to that, so some more interesting things to help awaken the nations of TNP would definitely be helpful. I just have one question:

If you become delegate, would you be open to cultural event suggestions from other nations across TNP?

With regards to the changes coming from the Frontier/Stronghold proposal,

1) Every member of the TNP community gameside becomes more important. How can we link up more with those users to pull them to become part of the executive staff?
2) Does you foresee using inter-regional recruitment to improve activity levels here?

1. Madjack has made what he sees as our over-reliance on tech a major issue in his campaign and outlined a plan to tackle this. Do you agree with him, and if so, what would you do to combat this?

2. In the WA Affairs portion, you said "continued engagement and support of WALL will grow in importance as game changes are put into place". Can you elaborate on what this "engagement and support" will consist of?

3. In the Communications portion, you did not mention either of our existing publications, Polaris or TNL, by name. Should it be taken that you intend to consolidate the current publications by the ministry in some way?

4. Do you believe that we should proactively seek to establish relations (or closer relations, if relations already exist) with up-and-coming regions, or regions that seem to be gaining prominence?

5. Do you intend to utilise press releases, or publications of a similar nature, if elected?

6. In your conclusion, you said:
Recruiting and maintaining an active Executive staff and Military force continue to be big stumbling blocks for the region. With the coming game changes, fixing the staffing drains will become more vital than ever.
Apart from the changes to telegram recruitment you proposed under the Home Affairs section and some plans for recruitment for the NPA, do you have any other initiatives in mind to address this issue?

Radio has continued to produce some stellar shows and we can further capitalize on that. We can utilize any planned interregional events to develop further shows and expand on the round table shows to include debates on game developments in Technical or the World Assembly. We can also promote our shows through our Embassies and on the Gameplay thread. Role Play Spotlights will continue to highlight our community and I would hope to expand these shows to highlight the various goings ons in our Roleplay Worlds.
Radio is often described as a highly technical ministry which is not necessarily true. Radio is better described as having a moderate learning curve. The programs used in this ministry are open source and free, and once you learn the basics you are able to be a fully functional member of the ministry. No one member needs to do all task on a show, something as simple as being able to record an audio file goes a long way to making a show work. This narrative is what needs to change in order to draw more people into this ministry and help it produce shows in a timely manner.
I would like to know a further explanation to your plans with Radio

If you become delegate, would you be open to cultural event suggestions from other nations across TNP?

Culture has always be receptive to outside ideas. They have always welcome any ideas I have had for programs and are always willing to try new things. I see no reason why this would change.

With regards to the changes coming from the Frontier/Stronghold proposal,

1) Every member of the TNP community gameside becomes more important. How can we link up more with those users to pull them to become part of the executive staff?
2) Does you foresee using inter-regional recruitment to improve activity levels here?

1. We can start by promoting TNP Activity on the RMB. This is one of the areas in which I want the GAs to focus in the coming. Right now we post an announcement on the RMB, such as an IFV or the VD update and thats that. In the coming term, I want those notices posted at least once every four hours, ideally. For example, the Polaris Dispatch on the Judaical elections was published 12 days ago and it has one post about the dispatch and 127 reads. It is likely that only those who were active on the RMB at the time saw that post and there was likely a few who seen the dispatch when it was pin/if it was pinned in the top spots on the WFE. With the activity rate of our RMB how many more people will see these dispatch's and calls for staff if we post them a bit more often? We have a base line on how we do it now, lets see what we can do to improve it. So how does that relate to pulling people into the executive staff? Viability of what is going on and what you can be a part of.

2. It will not improve activity in this term. Inter-regional recruitment is something I will put in affect next term. This term I would like to focus recruitment efforts on the Regions on our RR list. These regions have already established a clear disregard for our region and policies. Moving beyond that requires laying ground work that will take longer than a term. For example, if we start targeting refounded nations with recruitment, we need to have talks with Balder and the other sinkers we are allied with.

1. Madjack has made what he sees as our over-reliance on tech a major issue in his campaign and outlined a plan to tackle this. Do you agree with him, and if so, what would you do to combat this?

2. In the WA Affairs portion, you said "continued engagement and support of WALL will grow in importance as game changes are put into place". Can you elaborate on what this "engagement and support" will consist of?

3. In the Communications portion, you did not mention either of our existing publications, Polaris or TNL, by name. Should it be taken that you intend to consolidate the current publications by the ministry in some way?

4. Do you believe that we should proactively seek to establish relations (or closer relations, if relations already exist) with up-and-coming regions, or regions that seem to be gaining prominence?

5. Do you intend to utilise press releases, or publications of a similar nature, if elected?

6. In your conclusion, you said:

Apart from the changes to telegram recruitment you proposed under the Home Affairs section and some plans for recruitment for the NPA, do you have any other initiatives in mind to address this issue?

1. I don't full agree with him on this. The tech we developed has helped us function more efficiently with less manpower. there were hiccups in the transfer process during the transition, but I am not predicting they will occur on such a large scale again. I would like to see one or two more admins with the ability to assist in the transfers of assets.

2. One thing I was looking to introduce is sharing WALL IFVs, and when our interest align a joint IFV. Other avenues we can cooperated is working on proposals together, and seeking out new member regions who are interested in Joining WALL.

3. That should not be taken as an intent to consolidate.

4. Its kind of a tricky question to answer, we should seek relations and/or closer relations with regions whos values align with us. Developing relationships with those regions are in our best interest because growth of the game is in our interest. We should not be just budding up to nations because they are gaining prominence or because they are a large UCR. It becomes a balancing act in the long term.

5. I do not intend to use press releases like they have historically been us, i.e. having a press secretary. I do plan on releasing a monthly statement at minimum on the going on's of the executive, what we are doing and what we are planning.

6. Everything I have talked about are parts to a puzzle. Promotion of Ministry activity and NPA Ops on the RMB, NS Forums, and telegrams can lead to increased interest in joining the executive. Which gives us the ability to do more. Building and/or growing our relationships with Regions that we have ties with through inter-regional events and festivals, not to mention our N Day activities, allows us to offset the influence of those whos values and interest are against ours.

Note: Tomorrow Im in a relief convoy to New Orleans so my answers to questions may be delayed.

No need to call me El Fiji – simply Fiji is fine.

Pardon if any of these have already been asked. Feel free to ignore any that you feel have already been addressed.
  • What are your views about what these new regional policies should be, pertaining to regional recruitment?
  • Do you have any specific ideas for interregional events you’d like to see happen in your term? (I see you later mention Walking Dead and the Harry Potter events as examples. Which regions would be invited?) Which regions does TNP want to grow relationships with?
  • Reviewing out of date programs – will this include underperforming Ministries?
  • Do you propose any change ups to the GA team? Why won’t you enforce posting requirements?
  • What is your stance on WA SC commendations? – for those who aren’t aware.
  • In what ways would you leverage WALL to intertwine our WAA and FA policies? How can you make WALL more effective?
  • Are you in a good timezone for WAA stomp/stack?
  • Communications – Are there any ways that Polaris can be improved? How will you ensure the Ministry has a consistent article release schedule, and meets quality standards?
  • What, in your view, is the purpose of the NPA? In what ways can NPA operations augment our foreign policy in a coherent, strategic way?
  • How will you enforce activity from Ambassadors? Can we expect staff firings if activity is found to be lacking?
  • Do you have quantifiable data representing the impact Cards have had on our other Ministries and programs? Can you provide an overview of the proposed ingame changes to Cards farming – I’m not familiar. Can you elaborate on why this may make Cards as a Ministry unviable?
  • I like your change of narrative for Radio. Do you have any ideas for new types of shows that Radio can use to capture more interest? Are there any ways that shows can be advertised that may increase viewership?
  • How may Ministry staffing issues have an effect on your platform?

No need to call me El Fiji – simply Fiji is fine.

Pardon if any of these have already been asked. Feel free to ignore any that you feel have already been addressed.
  • What are your views about what these new regional policies should be, pertaining to regional recruitment?
  • Do you have any specific ideas for interregional events you’d like to see happen in your term? (I see you later mention Walking Dead and the Harry Potter events as examples. Which regions would be invited?) Which regions does TNP want to grow relationships with?
  • Reviewing out of date programs – will this include underperforming Ministries?
  • Do you propose any change ups to the GA team? Why won’t you enforce posting requirements?
  • What is your stance on WA SC commendations? – for those who aren’t aware.
  • In what ways would you leverage WALL to intertwine our WAA and FA policies? How can you make WALL more effective?
  • Are you in a good timezone for WAA stomp/stack?
  • Communications – Are there any ways that Polaris can be improved? How will you ensure the Ministry has a consistent article release schedule, and meets quality standards?
  • What, in your view, is the purpose of the NPA? In what ways can NPA operations augment our foreign policy in a coherent, strategic way?
  • How will you enforce activity from Ambassadors? Can we expect staff firings if activity is found to be lacking?
  • Do you have quantifiable data representing the impact Cards have had on our other Ministries and programs? Can you provide an overview of the proposed ingame changes to Cards farming – I’m not familiar. Can you elaborate on why this may make Cards as a Ministry unviable?
  • I like your change of narrative for Radio. Do you have any ideas for new types of shows that Radio can use to capture more interest? Are there any ways that shows can be advertised that may increase viewership?
  • How may Ministry staffing issues have an effect on your platform?

1. Please understand that this is tenative. There is alot of input that still needs to happen. Outside of targeting regions already on the Retaliatory Recruitment list, other nations that we should target are regions who actively work against our regional interest, who we are not interested in developing or reestablishing relationships with, and will not alienate our regional allies. I also view that there needs to be Regional Assembly consent with our recruitment targets, as the impacts on targeting these regions will have repercussions long pass a single term.

2. I really want to see a Zombie event going into Z Day. I want to see another Role play Festival. I want to target our allies and those who have forum embassies with. Specifically, I would want to start with TRR and TSP. Our relationship with TSP has been rocky and I think we need a chance to have fun together.

3. The issues I see in performance within Ministries stem from primarily staffing. I do not foresee needing to close or consolidate any Ministries at this point.

4. I don't forsee any major shake ups in the GA Department. I do not want to make a posting requirement because it won't be a measure of engagement. Any post would met a posting requirement but that will measure how engage the GA is with the RMB.

5. Early in my NS life, there was a commend for a player who was discovered to have a bad OOC History. The SC voted to remove their commend motion and I made a point that we have no way of know everyones history and that we should never pass a commend without a background check. I stated I would not vote for a commend until we do, to ensure that no more bad actors received a commend.

6. We saw just how we can intertwine our WAA and FA policies with WALL during the Declaration Against Quorum Raiding. Combining votes and working together on legisilation help promote resolutions that we want to promote and help stop resolutions that we do not want to pass. We may not win them all, but we will always fight.

7. Yes, I believe the update is mid morning and evening for me. 9/10 if I did my math right. Ether way, I live alone so being up for an update is a nonissue.

8. I want to see Polaris's Dispatch Articles posted closer to the even dates. The Judaical Election Article came out almost a month after the event. I would also like to see TNL take a page from Polaris and publish articles as they are done. Then publish the full graphics compendium once there is enough articles.

9. The NPA is the most direct and oververt impact we can have. Joint ops doing a tag run to build coordination with other regions, Quorum Raiding to oppose facist, or refounding problematic regions are all outreaches of TNP foreign policy. Demonstrating our ability to change the face of the game highlights one of our strengths. The NPA working with various organization to smack CCD gives pause to those who would further espouse those ideals.

10. Many of our ambassadors report when they post our publications, we would see this expand a bit with a monthly note on the regional happenings from the regions they are assigned to. Ambassadors who are unable and unwilling to perform would be replaced.

11. I dont have hard numbers.

There are several issues with the way cards are earned via game Mechanics that the Game Admins are seeking to address. 1. Card Farms and 2. Issue stats. So what is happening is Regions and Nations are making large amounts of puppet nations in order to generate card packs. Those nations just click on a issue and any answer as fast as they can without breaking the no automation of issue answering rule. This skews the stats the issue moderators use to balance issues and make tweaks to that function of the game.

The various card programs we use for events and programs, such as the WADP, work because of Card Scarcity. Nations that want cards, but dont want to run farms, use these programs to get high quality cards. We capitalize on this to generate support for our programs, and in turn players get exposed to areas of the game they might not have before.

Currently, the game admins are looking for ways to decouple cards from issues and reduce the need for card farms. The best proposal I see so far, is to use the Best Nation mechanic to generate card packs. If this route is selected then nations can min/max the generation of card packs as there is no limiter on how quick you can select nations. You can click, click away and the page will continue to reload with new selections. I see this, as its proposed today, eliminating card scarcity as any nation can just generate card packs with very little effort. This can largely decrease the return on our card reward programs, making them ineffective.

12. I don't have plans for new shows, I want to see us produce shows steadily without burnout before expanding shows.

13. Staffing and burnout affect many plans. Expanding the activities of the NPA and Ministries require having enough staff to conduct them.

@Gorundu I believe I answered your question when addressing Fiji

Last edited:
What are your plans for N-Day should it happen again? Last year, most of the major regions ended up NAPing with each other barring the Horsemen, would you support a giant hug fest again?

Do you have more concrete plans for recruitment? What are your plans to increase membership of TNP (to be exact, WA members in TNP) given that we are now fifth in headcount and the upcoming changes? (Or as I'd put it, how to Make TNP Great Again?) I am most concerned about WA so expanding the roster is my personal priority.

Oh my, oh my, they are going to change the spawning as I feared for quite a few years now. This would/will have an enormous impact on our community. 2 years ago I joined Home Affairs to help out with recruitment (I love the old fashioned way) but, at that time, everything was done before I could do anything. Maybe it's time to join again...
We will need someone who can prepare us for what is coming... because I know from experience what the impact will be.

What are your plans for N-Day should it happen again? Last year, most of the major regions ended up NAPing with each other barring the Horsemen, would you support a giant hug fest again?

I believe plans are already underway for a possible N-Day by the Robes Government. As for the NAPS, it takes some of the fun out of it but its a valid game play tactic.

Do you have more concrete plans for recruitment? What are your plans to increase membership of TNP (to be exact, WA members in TNP) given that we are now fifth in headcount and the upcoming changes? (Or as I'd put it, how to Make TNP Great Again?) I am most concerned about WA so expanding the roster is my personal priority.
Anything more concrete needs input from others besides Dreadton for Delegate. For example, XKI is a prime target. However, there is several FA concerns that need to take place with TSP before that happens. If we want to target refounds, then we need to talk to our sinker allies.

In the defense section of your campaign, you mention that no major recruitment drives have been made since the NPA General radio series. However, just last month MoD Rom held an open detag event. The idea itself seemed foolproof, but in actual implementation something seemed to go wrong. We sent a regional telegram and promoted the event, but no new members came in. How would you ensure that this recruitment week of yours would not only go through but also yield new members instead of sparking a bit of internal activity that might be better suited to traditional ops?

Additionally, you mention a new NPA retention program involving "battle buddies" to help ease the transition into the NPA. Speaking from recent experience, most new recruits tend to respond less to individual contact, and are more confused than anything about what's going on as a result of there being no clearly available guide (though there are some available) and instead several different people talking about what they should and can do all at once. How would the battle buddy system avoid the issues with retention we've had in the past, as retention issues don't seem to stem from recruits not receiving enough individual attention? Additionally, how would you assign battle buddies in this scenario in a form that would effectively utilize the pool of active members we have left to attend every update, seeing as recent updates have seen an increasing lack of consistency in updaters, particularly those with experience?

Back