[CLOSED] The Masquerade: The Wild West

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Kasto

Citizen
-
-
BI0BT9f.jpg

You have been riding through the barren desert for what if feels like an eternity. The heat is beating down on you, the sound of geckos ringing in your ears, lips chapped from the desert conditions, and you feel yourself passing out on your horse. You reach for your canteen and empty the last few drops of water you have. Neither you nor your horse will make it far in this shape. You grab your satchel and pull out a worn-out map. You look around, trying to get a sense of your location while studying the map to find nearby towns. You move your finger from one town and another until you stop at Magicality. It's less than an hour's ride away. You throw the map back into the satchel and race off towards Magicality. You arrive at the town and quickly scan the surroundings for a saloon to get yourself a drink. You trot over the large building with the sign saloon, get off your horse, tie to the post near the trough. You readjust your hat and the holster where you keep your trusty Colt Model 1873 revolver. You swing open the doors and walk over to the bartender. You spot people raising their eyes at you, but you have gotten used to it. You order yourself a drink, hand the bartender a few dollars, and quickly gulp it down. You hand the bartender the empty glass and ask them about any work in town. They say that Sheriff Kasto is always looking for a skilled bounty hunter to help with criminals around these parts and he pays well. You thank them and leave the saloon. You look around, and you see a general store, a barbershop, a postal office, a sheriff's office, and the vast open desert. So what do you do next?
Instructions for Masquerade Monday

Keep everything 1870s to 1890s themed. It is the Wild West so you have the freedom to be who you want to be! Are you escaping the law, are you a legendary bounty hunter, are you looking to settle on the great frontier, are you on a spiritual journey? You make your own path here!

Google Drive Link For All Ministry of Culture Photos and Stuff

Magicality had a single road going straight through the town with various buildings alongside it. The majority of the buildings were rundown except for the saloon and the sheriff's office. There were virtually no people outside except for few deputies by the sheriff's office who were keeping watch. I readjusted my clothing and walked towards the general store. The general store had broken windows, decaying walls, and a skewed sign. As I entered the store, the doorbell ringed, startling the man sleeping behind the register. The man stood up and leaned against the counter, closely watching me. For a small-town store, the stock of items was surprisingly large, from fresh produce to farming equipment. I walked over to the shelf with cans stacked upon each other and browsed my options. I grabbed few cans of corned beef, peas, peaches, and salmon. I made my way to the cashier, the wood squeaking below my boots, the cashier rang up my items, and I handed him a few dollars. I went back to my horse to pack the newly bought provisions. A few men raced past the saloon straight for the sheriff's office. They looked like the average frontier lawmen who make their money from the dirty work of the sheriff. The lawmen and deputies stood around chatting for a few minutes until one went inside. A town bell started ringing, and the people inside the saloon began fleeing home. I began walking towards the sheriff's office to find out what was happening, but a shootout started. My body hit the ground as soon as it heard it, and I began scrambling for the nearest cover. I took out my revolver, and adrenaline began to rush through my veins. I stood up from behind the barrels and aimed my weapon at one of the outlaws.

1e1d5b464b28c5d078d8339c6f8d20de.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back