TNP Nation
Hulldom
Discord
seathestarlesssky
sc.jpg

Commend Testlandia
Category: Commendation | Target: Testlandia
Proposed by: The Unified Missourtama States | Onsite Topic

Recognizing Testlandia as a bastion of peace and neutrality, and as a sagacious and valuable member of antiquity,

Firstly, observing Testlandia's appreciation and commitment to the complexities of freedom in their 2018 protection of Testregionia from art pillagers, and the subsequent liberation of Testregionia,

Secondly, appreciating the nation's internal commitment to personal and economic freedoms, as well as the continued workings of democracy,

Lastly, appreciating the many important written works of Testlandia, read in thousands of nations across the world, including: "N-Day: What You Need to Know," a guide that saved the lives of billions of peoples; "How to Write a Dispatch," one of the world's most read writing guides; and "Table types," an insightful guide to furniture,

Hereby Commends Testlandia.
Note: Only votes from TNP WA nations and NPA personnel will be counted. If you do not meet these requirements, please add (non-WA) or something of that effect to your vote.
Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.
Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

[TR][TD]For[/TD][TD] Against [/TD][TD] Abstain [/TD][TD] Present [/TD][/TR][TR][TD]9[/TD][TD]10[/TD][TD]0[/TD][TD]3[/TD][/TR]

Last edited:
IFV

Overview

This proposal seeks to commend Testlandia for many-sided exploits, including the protection of their native region Testregionia and their creation of several missives which leaders of newer nations would be well advised to read-including the publication on one of missive or telegram formatting techniques which nations might find useful and a guide to our regularly scheduled nuclear apocalypse.

Recommendation

Simply put, this proposal does not go far enough, and the exploits of Testlandia are too few, for us to consider them commend-worthy. Surely there are those who might find the light-heartedness and the helpfulness of this nation as something which is extraordinary, but the achievements on offer are not befitting that of the Security Council. We appreciate the effort put into this resolution and why it was written, but we do not appreciate the continuation of the joke.

For these reasons the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote Against the Security Council Resolution at vote, "Commend Testlandia".

Last edited by a moderator:
This proposal has achieved the necessary approvals to enter the formal queue. Barring it being withdrawn or marked illegal, it will proceed to a vote at Major Update on Thursday, August 5.

Present.

Personally, I'm not a huge fan, but the attitude TUMS has gotten in the thread almost makes me want to support it out of spite.

Against.

The proposal simply does not convince me the nominee is commendable. I feel as if the only reason to support this is the fact that the target is an admin test tool, and I feel that that is insufficient reasoning in this regard for a commend.

Hi there,

As you may have noticed, I’ve voted against the resolution currently at-vote in the Security Council. Why? Well, quite simply, it’s because this attempt at a commendation doesn’t impress me.

Writing informal dispatches is helpful, but I stand by our IFV which asserts that more is needed in order to be worthy of a commendation. At the same time, this nominee is a rather unusual one and the case for why commend them isn’t exactly robust or detailed.

As someone who’s written SC resolutions before, specifically C&Cs of the commendation variety, I can attest that I didn’t feel like this one deserved it. Thus, I have voted against.

Thank you.

As amusing as it would be to see Testlandia get a commendation, I have to go Against on this.

Actually, change my vote to for - it's not a good resolution but considering the attitude of the people posting in the NS topic, I don't care. It'd annoy them to see it pass, so I want it to pass.

Really interesting to see a joke proposal get trashed and ridiculed by the same people who welcomed the passage of "Declaration on Hippopotamuses"

Am I missing something here? Looks like some weird double standard to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back